Where do your truck sim roots come from?

LikeWildFire

My first truck games was Euro Truck Simulator I was not really a fan of that one.

A few years later when Euro Truck Simulator was appeared in 2011 I buy in CD and  later on Steam.

In 2015 I discovered the multiplayer, since that day I can not stop playing it, i have  +5200 hours on the game. :D

My truck roots comes from my Uncle. My Uncle used to do long distance truck driving from Denmark to Italy every week. And sometimes in my vacations when i was younger i would drive with my Uncle down to Italy in his truck. It was all very cool. So since then i always had a fondness for trucks. So when i saw ETS2 i had to play it. And since that i have played a lot of ETS2 and ATS.

I came across ets2 through the youtuber Squrriel. This was my first trucking/driving simulation game. When I heard about multiplayer, I was immediately hooked. There was something about stress-free driving with your friends, with the radio blasting, and just driving from destination to destination, talking and watching the scenery, that really made this game with multiplayer stand out. It was different from other games, it wasn't competitive at all, and through multiplayer you could meet many people. To this day, 90% of my friends list on steam probably comes from TMP alone. The thing is, I didn't know anything about trucking, trucks, parts, etc. I simply liked the idea of the game, and started playing. I think that is what makes the game quite special, you obviously need some interest, but its not like you need to know everything about trucks or driving to play.

Ets2 itself was an amazing game, it caught my eye, and TMP kept me hooked and alive with it.

The first Trucking game I played was 18 Wheels of Steel, and a funny concidence was it was actually by SCS Soft.

I didn't know this funny thing until someone mentioned in a Discord that 18 WoS is made by SCS..So I started trucking with SCS.

18WoS was a pretty fun game. I really enjoyed plenty of hours on it, it was so much fun, until I discovered ETS2 and bought a CD. And later on, I found a video having ETS2MP Idiots on the road. I was pretty confused "A multiplayer? Whaaaat?" So i tried playing it, but it didnt work as I had CD ETS2. So I bought ETS2 on Steam, left the game open for 2 hours and finally entered TruckersMP... well, after some days I got my first ban for insulting, after that I never got banned..

Its a crazy story.

Hello,

My first truck game is ETS2. Then I found TMP and downloaded it. I'm still playing, and I'm glad.:wub:

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Hey,

I started with ETS1 on my old laptop and with a keyboard, I still remember begging my dad to buy me the game in the local computer games store... that must have been a while ago haha. And then ETS2 came along, I bought it on Steam and now I also have a wheel which is way more fun and realistic.

I'm glad I got that game in the first place, or else I would not have been here today! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived