Where do your truck sim roots come from?

LikeWildFire

Hi guys!

I've always wondered what game got you into truck sim games, so I have 2 questions for you:

What was your first ever truck game you've ever played?

What got you hooked/dedicated to truck sim games? Was it the gameplay, the driving experience or the immersion of being a truck driver?

To answer the questions myself, my truck sim roots go all the way back to 2004's 18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal :lol:

I got a lot into truck sims because of the simulation and sense of immersion of being a truck driver, as it adds to what one of my childhood dreams was: To become a truck driver.

Let me know your story guys!

I came to ETS2 through a former friend who recommended it to me, my first truck game was also ETS2.

after 2 years I came across TMP and tried it, I liked it directly, until today.:wub:
I play ETS2 because I play all kinds of simulation games.

I play MP because I drive together with my friends and my  Boyfriend every day.

My brother bought it as a joke because it was on sale and thought it was hilarious that such a game existed. 

That is until, he got hooked on the economy aspect of building a trucking business. I then too became interested and started playing, but not long into my hours into ETS2 I came across a twitch player, in which i was a bit perplexed that there was no cars on his game.. i thought "how boring" - Until he explained he was online, driving with his friends. I immediately found the ETS2MP (now TruckersMP) link to download.

The rest is history ;) 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

Well this goes a far way back for me it all started back in my younger days discovering 18 wheels of steel on YouTube and was amused that there was such a game so I started  playing the game and playing with mods which made the taste for playing with big rigs more fun and my follow up from there result in in today's ATS & ETS2 TruckesMP:tmp:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

I got interested in truck simulators due to my growing interest in big rigs at a really young age. I can still remember “18 Wheels of Steel: Across America” being the very first truck simulator that I played. Over the years, I have played literally every single “18 Wheels of Steel” simulator out. My most favorite would be “Extreme Trucker 2” with the logging in Montana, narrow South American roads, Australian Outback and the Ice Roads. I still love all of them though.

What got got me hooked? I have been fascinated by big rigs ever since I was a little kid. I really can’t remember what got me hooked, but I can say I have never lost my interest. As you can tell.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

I started playing Euro Truck Simulator (the first one) at the age of 9. I used to play racing games before (the first one I played seriously being Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0), but Euro Truck Simulator really grabbed my interest. It did because of the (somewhat) realistic experience of driving normally. Although I firstly considered it as a rest of driving at racing speeds, I started to love delivering things. When I discovered TruckersMP (which at the time was called Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer, because ATS didn't even exist back then), Euro Truck Simulator 2 inmediately became my favorite game, and it's still just that.

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

First truck game I played was actually an arcade game called 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker. With that out of the way, the first proper truck game I played was 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul, and then years later, Euro Truck Simulator 2.

My enjoyment of ETS2 primarily stems from my hobby of recreational driving in my car. I can do up to 150 miles in a night on a recreational drive in my car, which while enjoyable, it does come with a cost implication. As a result, ETS2MP is my go-to game when I can't take my real car out for a spin, which is also the reason I spend 95% of my time on ETS2MP in the Scout car.

My first Truck Game was 18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin. I loved it and wanted to play a Game like that again and i found Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam. After a while playing Singleplayer i wanted to drive with some real People on the Map. I saw that there is a Mod for ETS that allows you to play on Multiplayer, i tryed it and im still playing, i just love it ^_^

The game that got me hooked to truck simulation was Hard Truck, followed by Hard Truck II then all the 18 wheels series, I always dreamed of being a truck driver in real world, but sadly when I tried to get my driver license, I've learned that I couldn't even have a class 5 driving license (to drive cars in Canada its the standard class) because of my eyes being incompatible with operating a motor vehicle.

76561198104067447.png

Yeah, the first meetpoint with truck games and was in 2008, when I was a kid and my cousin played Euro Truck Simulator (1), I still wanted to play Euro Truck when I visited him, now iam playing ETS2MP after 11 years.

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Yoooooo I started with 18 WOS: PTTM too! Saw it at Staples and had to have it. Played the piss out of that game. I still have a copy of it somewhere. Eventually I just simulated driving trucks in GTA games until I got a PC capable of running ATS/ ETS2 and its basically just like it was back then.

Ive always wanted to do it as a career, but unfortunately due to medical conditions and federal regulations I feel its just not worth the paperwork or the hassle. I personally have a Chevy 2500 DMax and a 14' enclosed trailer so thats probably as close as I will get.

What was your first ever truck game you've ever played?

Euro truck simulator 2 (5 years ago)

What got you hooked/dedicated to truck sim games? Was it the gameplay, the driving experience or the immersion of being a truck driver?

I played Single Player for about 1 maybe 2 years and I just loved driving with my Steering wheel setup. Then I discovered Truckers MP and since then, never even touched single player. It's difficult to explain why I loved driving games so much, but I guess the best way to explain it would be that I don't drive in real life due to costs of petrol, insurance, etc. My love for cars and driving has still been there though and so i've always loved driving games, whether it's Need for Speed or Euro Truck.

76561198104168782_v1.png

For "transportation" I started on Hard Truck and 18 Wheels Of Steel , the breakthrough was 18 Wheels Of Steel - Convoy, you can be part of convoy with same speed and it was beautiful. Later ETS but it was boring because lack of trucks and Scania Simulator and similar tremors.

But most of time before ETS at all I spend on Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing, it was wonderful game !

When I hear that someone preparing ETS2 MP it was best news for me and right after of release I join to ETS2MP (now TruckersMP) community.

5 hours ago, Alv4s0r said:

For "transportation" I started on Hard Truck and 18 Wheels Of Steel , the breakthrough was 18 Wheels Of Steel - Convoy, you can be part of convoy with same speed and it was beautiful. Later ETS but it was boring because lack of trucks and Scania Simulator and similar tremors.

But most of time before ETS at all I spend on Mercedes-Benz Truck Racing, it was wonderful game !

When I hear that someone preparing ETS2 MP it was best news for me and right after of release I join to ETS2MP (now TruckersMP) community.

I also played MB Truck Racing, was a great game! :D

At the base, I've always loved racing games in my childhood, and often found "role playing" as a regular civilian, driving slower, enjoying the ride. I've found out about ETS 2 in 2013 I believe, from a YouTuber that I used to watch who was doing Minecraft videos and also ETS 2 videos. It was only in 2014 that I got to purchase the actual game (Gold edition), and then in 2015 that I got into multiplayer.

KkdaC1b.png

The first truck sim game I have ever played had to be the 18 Wheels of Steel series games.  After a few years of playing those games I was watching YouTube Videos and found ot about Euro Truck Simulator.  I bought that game and Loved it, then it went to ETS2.  When ATS came out I purchased it. So between ATS and ETS2 there isn't any other game that equal's the play time hr. I have between the 2 games. Ever since I found out about TMP I loved the game even more. 

2.png

I first time played a truck simulator (18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin') back in 2007 and ever since, I've regularly been trucking in the simulation world. Before I got Euro Truck Simulator (1) - right after it was released in 2008 - I used to play 18WOS: Haulin' and 18WOS: American Long Haul for around 20 or 30 hours. As soon as Euro Truck Simulator was released, I increasingly started to play more truck simulation and so do I nowadays as well. What comes to Euro Truck Simulator 2, I've been playing that game since its very first day in 2012. Before jumping into TruckersMP in 2014, I used to play the CD version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 for around 200 hours (that's pretty much for 2 years, in my opinion... :D). I first time joined TruckersMP in October 2014, right after I got the Steam version of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and among the years, I've gained 1 500 game hours on the Steam version. 

There are still three other truck simulations that I've been playing for more than 100 hours. Those three games are American Truck Simulator 2, Scania Truck Driving Simulator (mainly played that game on the CD version that I found from Germany) and 18WOS Extreme trucker series if the hours of the first and the second games are counted.

Archived