WTF Is Happening With Server Connection Kicks???

Hazza_P15

Question

This is either a topic for here or a topic for bugs. but it'll probably end up being filed under a 'rants' topic as that's all that ever seems to happen with anything I say, but anyway...

I keep getting random server kicks with the reason "unreliable connection to server". This I don't believe as I constantly monitor my internet connection and traffic, which evidences that actually, it is not an 'unreliable connection' that is the problem as my network gateway remains fully open and doesn't drop out or show an error for a second.

Does this, in fact, mean that the TMP servers have a connection error at their end and the user is being impacted by randomly being kicked (fyi this happens about once a session in my case) or is this just a way of making spaces in the server for people in the queue but using a cover reason and it is just pure fluke that I am the one that always gets hit?

I hope someone somewhere will be able to shed some light on this and it not get ignored like a lot of other things I seem to say do. Thank you.

11 answers to this question

Hello, Would you try to be born in deserted regions before connecting to the server?

If this advice doesn't work. Try these steps.

Solution 1: 

Turn off and on again the router. (Wait 5 minutes)

Stop any other updates that may use all your bandwidth. (Steam Updates, Origin Updates, Other browser updates)

Also make sure your Firewall/Antivirus is not blocking the launcher. Start by opening Windows Firewall and Restore defaults. 

c0ab01c8ed1646078c9dfe10439a4d3b.png

Solution 2:

Clear your DNS address and use this DNS.

Clear DNS Address:

• Right Click on the Start (Window) Icon
  • Click on Command Prompt
  • The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear.  Type in:
  • ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER
  • You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration
  • Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache

Use DNS Address:

• Open Control Panel.
  • Click on Network and Internet.
  • Click on Network and Sharing Center.
  • On the left pane, click on Change adapter settings.
  • Right-click the network interface connected to the internet, and select Properties.
  • Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list.
  • Click the Properties button.
  • Click the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
  • Here you can enter any DNS server.
  • Google Public DNS addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Click OK.

Now Open TruckersMP Launcher in administrator mode.

Solution 3:

Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard.

Enter "cmd" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Type “netsh winsock reset”(without the quotes) and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

Once it’s complete, you'll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

Restart the computer and run the TruckersMP Launcher as administrator.

and review these topics:

Kind Regards,

mexiumut

steam-512.png Steam Profile | blogger-2.png ETS2 and ATS Mods blog for TruckersMP

Languages: turkey.png Turkish and English usa.png

Veteran Driver VI

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Volvo 750HP | Scania 750HP

Hello,

Try with this:

- Avoid using Wi-Fi.
- Avoid uploading or downloading and playing MP at the same time.
- Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.
- Avoid having too many users or devices at the same time into your network.
- Avoid using streaming services at the same time.
- Check your firewall settings into your router/switch.
- Prefer using servers nearest to your location.
- Try to talk with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can come up with a solution. Ask your ISP if they support internet profiles such as Fast path or Interleave and ask for Interleave. Interleave will raise your ping but it will do more packet checks by your ISP.

If it does not work, try this:

-Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard to open Run

Enter "cmd" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

-Type “netsh winsock reset”(without the quotes) and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

-Once it’s complete, you'll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

-Restart the computer and run the TruckersMP Launcher as administrator.

Please when entering the server put "g_developer 16" in console, take a pic (like this) and show it here
after this, you can put "g_developer 1" to go back as before

I also recommend you look this topic (maybe the point number 3 of this post can help you)

Or this

I also want to comment that servers have been having a few stability issues over the past couple days. As a result, you might get kicked for an unreliable connection even when your internet is perfectly fine. They (TMP Staff) are working hard to resolve this.

let us know if your problem has been solved,

Regards ^_^

Hi both mexiumut and RecterX,

Thank you both for replying and trying to help.

Without trying to sound disrespectful, I know my way around networking, which is the reason why I monitor everything to see where there is packet loss, etc so I can 'plug the holes'. This just seems very random and spontaneous and the thing that is puzzling me is I can't find any router, switch or computer errors, packet loss increases, etc at the time of the dropouts or anything in the dev. logs of the game suggesting that I am having any of the above issues.

I already run a protocol on my computer so that when I launch an application it is tied to, all upload and download traffic outside that application and the bare-bones Windows operations are barred. I already also use an alternative DNS to the default as it generally gives me better connectivity in my local area and my bandwidth is a locked channel, meaning there is no other devices that can be 'bandwidth hogs'.

This is why I am confused. Reading the articles you attached it all points to the user being at fault but I can't seem to find anything that is wrong at my end. 

I also aren't one to part with my cash that easily, so I am a bit sceptical as to if a hardware fault is the issue here, as this is only a fairly recently occouring problem (last 2-3 months) and my hardware is only about a year old. 

12 hours ago, Hazza_P15 said:

Hi both mexiumut and RecterX,

Thank you both for replying and trying to help.

Without trying to sound disrespectful, I know my way around networking, which is the reason why I monitor everything to see where there is packet loss, etc so I can 'plug the holes'. This just seems very random and spontaneous and the thing that is puzzling me is I can't find any router, switch or computer errors, packet loss increases, etc at the time of the dropouts or anything in the dev. logs of the game suggesting that I am having any of the above issues.

I already run a protocol on my computer so that when I launch an application it is tied to, all upload and download traffic outside that application and the bare-bones Windows operations are barred. I already also use an alternative DNS to the default as it generally gives me better connectivity in my local area and my bandwidth is a locked channel, meaning there is no other devices that can be 'bandwidth hogs'.

This is why I am confused. Reading the articles you attached it all points to the user being at fault but I can't seem to find anything that is wrong at my end. 

I also aren't one to part with my cash that easily, so I am a bit sceptical as to if a hardware fault is the issue here, as this is only a fairly recently occouring problem (last 2-3 months) and my hardware is only about a year old. 

I think it's a problem with the servers, i was having connection problems some time ago and my internet connection was fine, try a different server and see if you get the same error then you will know if it is that particular server. 

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately last time I used the mod (Sunday 3rd March) it still had the same issue and I was able to make the same observations that I had made before.

Just for clarity: all prior issues have been with connecting to the EU2 server and after the advice given, the same issue did not occour on EU3. This makes me think it is an EU2 server issue. 

The kicks sometimes happen when spawning in a slightly more populated area, but I not ally try and spawn where there is usually few players. I have also had the issue occour when driving past/through a more populated area. 

Dear @Hazza_P15,

If you have that issue only on EU2 that means your PC or internet is not as powerful as that server needs because there're lots of players there every day and if you spawn near Calais - Duisburg route (Central Europe) you'll probably be kicked. I have the same issue for a long time and the only solution I found is to avoid spawning in cities and using F7. Try to spawn on the road where should not be traffic jams or just lots of players and you'll avoid a kick from the server.

Kind Regards,
BL4CK$K1LL
TruckersMP - Trial Support

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Dear @Hazza_P15,

If you have that issue only on EU2 that means your PC or internet is not as powerful as that server needs because there're lots of players there every day and if you spawn near Calais - Duisburg route (Central Europe) you'll probably be kicked. I have the same issue for a long time and the only solution I found is to avoid spawning in cities and using F7. Try to spawn on the road where should not be traffic jams or just lots of players and you'll avoid a kick from the server.

Kind Regards,
BL4CK$K1LL

Hi @BL4CK$K1LL,

This I unfortunately already do and attempt to spawn in known, quiet areas on the map and then drive to wherever my load pickup is. However occasionally when driving through a more populated area I sometimes get this error.

This is very unfortunate and if what you suggest is the case, then I'm sure I won't be the only one experiencing this issue as I am sure there are many other budget gamers using the mod. I have actually commented before on how the mod and some of it's services (but I won't get into that now, that's bad blood)  seem to not really be fully accessible for people like me who are on a budget and can't necessarily afford/justify spending the amounts required to purchase the hardware it seems is required to run the mod and software to be able to actually play and cover your own backside by recording all the time.

I don't know if you have a thread or suggestion of what more budget PC owners like me should do to be able to use the mod like people who have a bit more cash in their wallets do you?

Dear @Hazza_P15,

Euro Truck Simulator was created back in 2013 and it has an old engine, DirectX9 and it's impossible to have modern multiplayer working well for everyone as multiplayer servers require DX11 support and modern engine, so that would fix those desynchronization problems, lags and etc. That's not TruckersMP developers fault that ETS2 still uses an old engine and DX version. The more players on the server, the more problems for low PC owners. The only solution I see for you is to avoid EU2 or even if you still decide to join EU2 avoid busy areas. That's all possible ways to avoid a kick.

Kind Regards,
BL4CK$K1LL