damage computer

Hello everyone, 

since several months now sometimes my game gets blocked (freeze frame I can't do anything anymore)

I'm obliged to shut down my tour by forcing, it happens frequently, so I'd like to know if turning off the computer in this way could damage it?

I await your answer.

Thanks you by advance. 

No, turning off your computer will not damage it unless you are unplugging it while it is on. Unplugging a computer while it is on can damage it. (Unless it is a laptop, of course)

If your computer is freezing entirely, if nothing else is working, hold down the power button to shut it off.

The only damage you may cause is to any files which are being saved to the disk when you are shutting it off. (ex. save files, though it wouldn't matter because the computer is frozen anyways, plus you will have plenty of autosaves to load from providing you have them turned on)

8 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

If your computer is freezing entirely, if nothing else is working, hold down the power button to shut it off.

Hello @S parkie

that's what happens to me, This will not damage the hard drive or anything else?

Well, if you are powering the computer off via the power button it could cause damage to the computers operating system files although the damage may have already been done when the computer froze although if you are running a slow computer it could respond if you leave it for a while.

I think you should be looking at what exactly is causing the computer to freeze rather than thinking about a short term solution such as restarting the computer via the power button.

Firstly, what operating system are you using and could you run a system file check scan via this guide, (post results here)

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

Hello @Sentinel_

l use Windows 10

14 minutes ago, Sentinel_ said:

I think you should be looking at what exactly is causing the computer to freeze rather than thinking about a short term solution such as restarting the computer via the power button.

by contribution to that I tried everything and nothing works so I turned it off by the power button. 

Hello There Skalkery (FR)

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived