ETS 2 MP Server that allows you to use singleplayer mods

Cobra_94

I do not know if someone has already thought about it but I think it would be nice to have a new server like Server 4 with mods? I think that in multiplayer it would be a great surprise and would increase the popularity of the game in my opinion, I hope you take it into consideration and think about it too, let me know your opinion :)

Can you imagine the chaos? Some player has aesthetic mods, another player hasn't them, the second one's game can't "read" the accesories on the first one's truck and it crashes... Or trucks! Mods are allowed, so I start my game with a truck/car/van that doesn't exist in the base game, what do other players see if they don't have that same mod? Even if all active mods were stored somehow in the server (which would need to be NASA grade), so everyone can see them no matter if they are using them or not, it would make FPS drops and lags so bad that no one would want to be there... I'm sorry but I don't see how this could work...

So not only do you guys need to have the same mod, but the server also has to have the mods on there. It would be real chaos. Cause everyone wants different mods. Its simply not possible. Unless everyone could agree on a set of mods. And even then it wouldent work. Cause if just one of the mods breaks cause of an update there is nothing TMP could do about it. We would have to hope that the mod creator updates the mod to work again. And then everyone including the server would have to redownload the mod. It would be an impossible. And if one of the mods makes someone crash, that person would most likely go on the forum or make a support ticket complaining that their game crash, even tho its not our mod and we cant do anything to help.

19 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Can you imagine the chaos? Some player has aesthetic mods, another player hasn't them, the second one's game can't "read" the accesories on the first one's truck and it crashes... Or trucks! Mods are allowed, so I start my game with a truck/car/van that doesn't exist in the base game, what do other players see if they don't have that same mod? Even if all active mods were stored somehow in the server (which would need to be NASA grade), so everyone can see them no matter if they are using them or not, it would make FPS drops and lags so bad that no one would want to be there... I'm sorry but I don't see how this could work...

It could work how gmod does. when you join a sever in gmod it downloads all the mods that are in it. And once you leave the server the game deletes these mods. I don't think it'll work with a 4k player limit, maybe something more around 1k, with only supported, approved mods. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear @Devil Inside Me

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me.

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |

• JJay locked this topic

Archived