Hot topic #14: Unknown regions of ETS & ATS

Prime

Because of Calais - Duisburg road almost whole map is dead, so I think we need to do something with that and open a bit bigger server where people will drive everywhere. You can always meet someone in Scandinavia, especially on Bergen - Oslo route but Italy and Going East Part is almost dead.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 2

I drive all around the map and its expansions and once you travel away from central Europe, it begins to feel empty (this, in EU#2, because in EU#1 even the C-D area feels empty). Lots of TMP players are only looking for the "Idiots on the road" areas, other lots are ban evading and they won't be wasting their money buying expansions that they don't plan to use (and that would become unusable once they are banned again). So it's quite simple. The way TMP works, expansion maps have 2-3 weeks of popularity, then just some regular visitors and most other players go back to swarming around the C-D area.

• Upvote 3

I wish the bergen-oslo road got some love again. It's one of the best roads in ETS2. But that road is known but it's forgotten now. But this road near Zurich and goes to Milano, it's very windy and it might be kinda fun to be a new congested area. Bern and Innsbruck will probably also be congested because they're nearby. Also about ATS every road is dead idk why you would even include ATS in this xD.

• Upvote 1

I have some tips.
But before they should know I already did 60% of the map before doing a dowgrade and spoiled the whole game, had to reinstall and start everything, Between February 10 and 20 I traveled almost 35% of the map. I'm almost 60% new.
I recommend.
FRANCE
- The central region of France has good routes, landscapes and villages. Generally quiet traffic, but you will always find some players. In Christmas events has a nothing crazy move like Calais-Duisburg.
- Region bordering Italy, has very good routes of simple roads and good motorways, busy, but without chaos of DUISBURG-CALAIS.
ITALY.
- Region between PARMA, GENOVA, ROME.
There are some very beautiful and curved routes.
- Region of the Apennines - central part of the country along the whole peninsula.
 Many beautiful, empty routes in general if there is traffic is very little 1 or 2 companions. So far best void of trolls.

HUNGARY
 - Make loads until the final city SZEGED and return for PECS, you will not be disappointed with the region and the BALATON.
 NORWAY
Make the STANVAGER MINE or BERGEN (I do not remember) and continue on the simple road following from the mine. DO NOT RETURN CENTRAL ROAD.
 Do it in sunset or sunrise hours.

THEY WILL BE SURPRISES AFTER THE TUNNEL ACCESS THE MINE AND AFTER THE LOAD, FOLLOW until the end.
--- But I've been there, it's beautiful ----

SWITZERLAND
  Take the 2 alpine highways! But take it easy there are lots of curves and always some player on the way.
And take it easy because it is very beautiful render good photos and videos.
Make the route by day. General cargoes from Genoa, PARMA, MILAN, TURIN.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I love driving along the California 1 between Santa Maria and Santa Cruz. It’s pretty deserted nowadays, but it used to be one of the popular routes everyone took a few years ago. Sadly, it no longer sees a lot of traffic anymore. 

If you like tight curves, this is definitely a decent route to drive on.

• Upvote 1

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

On 2/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, Azusakawa* said:

I like Oslo to Bergen this road ,beautiful and peaceful :wub:

Same here. I like Norway very much, this road are challenging (especially with double-b trailers), You have to use your brain, not only right foot. 

There is another twisted road i like - in Italy DLC, near the Carrara quarry. I think i'll be there much often in next few days :-)

• Like 1

Raffi

----

Za każdym razem, gdy do firanki podpinasz 8x4 i włączasz koguty gdzieś na świecie umiera w cierpieniu mały szczeniaczek.
Every time You attach curtain trailer to 8x4 and turn your beacons on - somewhere dies cute little puppy.

The Baltic Sea DLC area is my favourite area to drive. Despite being single carriageway they're incredibly flowing and so easy to drive on!

Southern Italy is also gorgeous, and given the fact this is so far removed from the main part of the map, those you tend to meet driving that way are usually skilled, serious drivers which makes for such a much nicer experience, as opposed to some antics in Western Germany!

Safe travels!

Robert.

• Upvote 1