Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

truck "derates"

garyd78

I have been having this issue where i'll be cruising along the interstate and all of a sudden my truck will only top out at  55 mph for a length of time. Doesn't matter what I do . Last time I played it went down to 65 mph for the whole 900 mile trip. I have tried to rest, pull over and restart the truck. Is this just a glitch or something I am doing?  

Thanks in advance!

It's completely normal, if you've been away for a while it can be shocking, but TMP decided, for the sake of reducing accidents, to set forced speed limits on all servers. In ATS, these limits are 55 mph inside cities, 68 mph outside cities. Sometimes, when you're driving on a highway, it goes through "city limits", so the 55 mph limit is triggered, the truck stops accelerating and slows down until it's at 55 mph or the road goes away from the city boundaries, allowing the driver to accelerate again.

the 55 mph zone is in cities and on highways that pass through cities, such as the highway that passes through elko. and there is a max speed limit in ATS, it is 100 mph. I think only the car can get there. though I am not sure, since I don't drive above 65 even when I am driving it. I am not limited to 65 I just prefer to drive at that speed.

• JJay locked this topic

Dear @garyd78

You topic was inactive 14 days. I'm forced to close topic due inactivity.

Do you still have any further questions or inquiries? Don't hesitate to send me a Private Message.

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |

Archived