Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Why Scout have to be nerf after nerf...

bleyz01

Hello.

Finally scout accelerating was a little bit better, and again it got nerf, and my question is why? Or it's only me and my feeling?
 I was driving yesterday, i have record from it and from that what i can see that yesterday scout was accelerating a bit better than today, and again it's takes a week to get 100km/h and all trucks with "light" trailer can overtake scout... Scout should have better acceleration than Truck. And gear placement should be better, 1 gear 0-35 (its fine), 2 gear only 35-50 (should be at least 35-60) 3 gear 50-98 (should be at least 100km/h+)

I tested the Scout for myself, with a 2.0L TDI (125kW - 168HP) engine, and it accelerated from 0-100 km/h in just over 11 seconds. For comparison, the Skoda Superb (for which the Scout is modeled on) has the same engine, but managed to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 8.6 seconds. However, this poorer acceleration isn't outside the possibility of the real Skoda Superb, as its worst performing engine is the 1.6 TDI which accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 12.5 seconds.

In terms of the gear ratios you've chosen, that would be a very quick way to wreck both the gearbox and engine. A standard low-performance executive car would not do well with those kind of speed ranges in each gears, only performance cars can. Furthermore, your speed ranges are completely wrong; why do you think the 2nd gear should increase speed by 25mph when the first gear does 35mph? And then you want to be able to do 100+ km/h (62+ mph) in just 3rd gear? Hope you've got good money for a replacement gearbox and engine.

I honestly don't think the change is that bad, although it could be better, and I use the Scout most of the time.

Well, the Scout isn't a sports car and it doesn't have 300hp+. Simple as that.

If you're revving it anywhere up past 4500rpm you aren't going to get moving anytime soon because there's no power past that.

And yes, I actually think a 750hp Volvo or 730hp Scania with a light/empty trailer should technically be able to be much faster than a 168 hp Scout when it comes to 30-130 km/h. Top speed, the Scout would of course be much, much faster.

Size isn't always a limiter of speed.

The gearbox, in my opinion, isn't really correct whatsoever. The speeds for each gear are pretty much fine, but there should be a separate automatic and manual gearbox.

My best guess for this video is they're driving a Corolla so roughly 100-150 hp, and my best guess is the truck is probably making about 700-800hp? Empty, of course. No clue about torque figures, but the hp gives a rough idea.

4 hours ago, AhirZaman said:

Hello :)

If you change the shift range from the settings to high performance, the gear will change at high speed. Try playing in manual mode if you don't like it.

I think the scout is really fast.

I wouldn't go as far as to say the Scout is fast, it's definitely not; my real car with 220HP does 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in about 6.5 seconds whereas the Scout takes 11 seconds :D

I'm playing on manual gearbox... Second Gear and only 50km/h. Most of 2.0 TDI cars easly reach 60+ on the second gear. Also it is too small difference when between first and second gear. 1st gear can reach 35km/h second gear should go higher than 50km/h. Also when i was checking a acceleration before nerf it was around 8-9 secons to 100km now its 11-12 second. 750KM Trucks reach 100km/h faster than a car and that is stupid. Scout should be ballanced.... I know that's isn't race car or something like that but Skoda in real life accelerating way better than that scout in game....

• 2 weeks later...

Whaat? I didn't realize that the scout with 180hp (Or 170hp whatever) makes only 35km\h at first gear and 50 at second i have been in an Renault 19 (Car from 1989) with engine 1.4 80hp and in first gear makes 50km/h in second 90km/h in thirth 120km/h in fourth 150km/h and in five 174km/h (In a bit more rpm's could reach 190km/h) wtf is wrong with this Skoda?? 

Basically it's because the Skoda is a Truck with a skin of a car and a higher top speed 

and woah i didn't know that so many people don't know that every 4-door sedan should go at least 180km/h like lol a Ford Mondeo from 1998 can go 180 with a 90 hp engine and its from 1998 and motorization evolves through the years and the newer the car is the probably faster (which isnt always true because the era of shitty electric cars comes and every new car is some small City Car or a Hatchback that has got a Inline 3 cylinder engine)  it can go because that Skoda Superb is from 2015 and that 180 hp engine should give that skoda a possiblity to go 230km/h even the weakest engine with 125hp should go 200km/h 

and with that gear ratio it should make 100km/h+ on the 4th or 5th gear going 100km/h+ in a 3rd gear is only possible for Performance Cars like Ford Focus ST or for old cars from about 1946 like Tatra 600 when the cars only had 3 gears or 4 in the luxury versions 

and i don't know how should be a truck be faster than a car (well they can be faster than a Smart Fortwo or something like that) but every single car can go faster than truck like i never saw a truck overtaking a car or catch up to it well maybe it can be faster than the really really old cars from 1900 and so on now i can dissapoint you guys 

even cars from the 40's are faster than trucks because they can go over 90km/h

and by the way size is a limiter of the speed (heavier accelerates slower than a lighter car) like boi those are basics more Horsepower doesnt always mean faster there is Torque and the weight and so on

Greetings,
Le Cat

10 hours ago, Le Cat said:

and with that gear ratio it should make 100km/h+ on the 4th or 5th gear going 100km/h+ in a 3rd gear is only possible for Performance Cars like Ford Focus ST or for old cars from about 1946 like Tatra 600 when the cars only had 3 gears or 4 in the luxury versions 

Dude, my 20 year old Honda Accord can hit 100 kph in second.  You don't need a performance car to be able to do that.

10 hours ago, Le Cat said:

nd i don't know how should be a truck be faster than a car (well they can be faster than a Smart Fortwo or something like that) but every single car can go faster than truck like i never saw a truck overtaking a car or catch up to it well maybe it can be faster than the really really old cars from 1900 and so on now i can dissapoint you guys 

even cars from the 40's are faster than trucks because they can go over 90km/h

Let me direct you to this.  Just because semi's often drive slowly doesn't mean they aren't capable of some speed, especially if the driver is competent. 

2 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Dude, my 20 year old Honda Accord can hit 100 kph in second.  You don't need a performance car to be able to do that.

Let me direct you to this.  Just because semi's often drive slowly doesn't mean they aren't capable of some speed, especially if the driver is competent. 

Not possible because a car that hits 100 kph in a second doesn't exist

And That's an american truck which will be of course faster than a european truck but the car driver needed to have a weak engine aswell maybe a Inline 3 cylinder or 4 cylinder with 90 hp can be a Van or something aswell
and i meant cars like Skoda Superb that has got 125 hp with the weakest engine and cars from the 40's that are actualyl faster than the new City Cars with 3 cylinder engines 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @bleyz01

Thank you so much for interacting with the community with this great post. You are awesome! I must inform you that after an inactive period of 14 days a topic will be moved to our archive.

That is the reason for why the topic will be locked and moved towards there. Do not hesitate to start a new dicussion or join one ^^

If you have any questions, please message me in private :)

//Locked and moved

• Guest locked this topic

Archived