1 free game for new users! take the game you want!

happy_trucking_ets2

Hello,

I got this message from someone in my friends lists yesterday (it also has a link, but for obvious reasons I am not going to include it at this moment).

It sends that, and a link, and when you click the link, login with steam, your passwords resets almost instantly.

It is a pain in the butt to go through steam support to fix it, and I just want to warn everyone, that has seen this message.

As far as I could see, the message auto-sends to EVERYONE in your friends lists, after you clicked the link.

That is why this is so destructive. Me and a friend of mine are in the process of reporting the website in question.

This post, is to hopefully control the damage...somewhat, please share this information with anyone you know that has steam!

Thank you,

happy_trucking_ets2

MorNDjV.png

I always follow the rule "If something seems too good to be true it probably isn't".  Links in steam chat (and anywhere else for that matter) should always be taken with 100% caution.

Thanks for posting but in my opinion common sense should be appiled when sent links from anyone.  It's really the best way to be safe and stay safe.

Hello there

Thank you very much for the information! Well, should be quite clear that this can't be real, because who gives away free stuff? It makes no sense for a company, because it's to expensive and doesn't help to make money. Anyway, I'm sure you helped some people here! Thanks for warning!

Kind regards
Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

3 hours ago, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

I always follow the rule "If something seems too good to be true it probably isn't".  Links in steam chat (and anywhere else for that matter) should always be taken with 100% caution.

Thanks for posting but in my opinion common sense should be appiled when sent links from anyone.  It's really the best way to be safe and stay safe.

Common sense gets you really far, but this message is spreading around steam like mad, and the best thing to do now is damage control. I hope we can stop it, before it gets out of control.

4 hours ago, Happy Trucking ETS2 said:

Common sense gets you really far, but this message is spreading around steam like mad, and the best thing to do now is damage control. I hope we can stop it, before it gets out of control.

There's no negativity towards your post if you're somehow thinking that.

I am however saying that everyone (mainly those on steam) should have a bit of common sense to begin with.  That way the malicious message won't deal any damage to people and/or their accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived