Unreliable Connection

[VNS] Dope

Question

6 answers to this question

Hmmm,

If I would take a guess on what's happening with your game, I would say the errors on the top left of your screen should not be there, as I do not see it.

So, when you load the game, click on your profile and use the 'edit button' make sure all your mods are off. Unreliable connection could just be something that the system is kicking you for even though it means to say "Bad mods", or something else. 

Try this, hopefully it helps,

Jake :)

signature.png.35e738fef4fe7a9e50890ce52aed649e.png

You can have the "fastest" internet connection and a good ping time, but that doesn't mean that the connection is not suffering from jitter. The server is constantly measuring the ping time, if the values vary a lot among different samples, you can have a very good average ping but your connection will still be seen as "unreliable". Try testing your connection in this page: https://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/

In the results, you'll see Download, Upload, Ping and Jitter. If Jitter is high, that's your problem right there. You could also be suffering from packet loss, which is something that doesn't show in most tests and can make your connection to be unreliable too. If you are connecting by WIFI, try changing to ethernet cable, it's a lot more reliable than WIFI because it's not affected by distance, obstacles, interferences, etc.

EDIT: As example, my results from a couple minutes ago:

Spoiler
02.20.2019-04.31.37

3 hours ago, Jakethegreat said:

Hmmm,

If I would take a guess on what's happening with your game, I would say the errors on the top left of your screen should not be there, as I do not see it.

So, when you load the game, click on your profile and use the 'edit button' make sure all your mods are off. Unreliable connection could just be something that the system is kicking you for even though it means to say "Bad mods", or something else. 

Try this, hopefully it helps,

Jake :)

The errors on the top left of my screen doesn't effect to game and my profile don't active any mods 

Hello :)

Follow these guides:

1) You can try and reset the modem
2) Close VPN application
3) Check your IP address
4) Make sure that you are not connected to another network

5) start the tmp launcher as administrator

Also try these:

-Avoid using Wi-Fi.

-Avoid uploading or downloading and playing MP at the same time.

-Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.

-Avoid having too many users or devices at the same time into your network.

-Avoid using streaming services at the same time.

-Check your firewall settings into your router/switch.

-Prefer using servers nearest to your location.

-Try to talk with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can come up with a solution. Ask your ISP if they support internet profiles such as Fast path or Interleave and ask for Interleave. Interleave will raise your ping but it will do more packet checks by your ISP.

And refer to the forum post below to further assist you with your "Unreliable connection" issue. Hope this helps

Dear @[VNS] Shiroemon [K.V?n]

Because your topic has been inactive for 3 days, I am going to move it to Inactive Section.
If you still need help from us, do not hesitate to DM me or someone else from the support team if you want this topic opened again.

Thanks for your understanding!

//Locked and moved to Inactive

Hello,

because of this topic has been inactive for 2 more days , I'll have to move this topic to Unsloved Topics.
If you still need any help, feel free to create a new topic or contact us directly by submitting a support ticket: https://www.truckersmp.com/support

//Locked and Moved to Unsolved

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager