too many people saying rec and ban for the smallest things

Tank_248

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I really dont care anymore if people say it or not. If you want to report me, have fun. All I know is that I didnt break a rule.

14 hours ago, [CG]kellerkind86 said:

Sometimes you drive and look on your phone and BAAAAM you crashed a truck. Ist bad but  i think if you say "sorry" it´s good. Sometimes you drive and a truck crashed you and he want to report you. Thats dumb.

Thank you for giving a good example of the importance of a constant caution and mutual consideration when participating in road traffic.
Even the slightest distraction from the traffic situation can cause an unnecessary incident.

For example, if you drive with your truck at a speed of 90kph and you look on your phone for only 3 seconds, you have "blindly" traveled a distance of already 75 meters!

Just keep your eyes on the road and you will never need to say that you are sorry.

Personally I feel like too many people report too fast anyway while most things are an accident... but that's another story.

@Averazon If someone hits your vehicle, it can be said ALWAYS that it was an accident. Imagine that I'm driving peacefully, doing 80 Km/h, someone else coming on the other side of the road is doing 150 Km/h and is driving all over the 2 lanes because it's the only way to keep his vehicle on the road, hits my truck heads-on, it's an accident. But you can bet that this player will be reported and banned. If people didn't drive like TMP is GTA, the number of "accidents" would drop down to almost 0. Since that's something that will never happen, reports and bans are our only defense mechanism.

Hey, 

Personally, I think the people that say "rec ban" is just childish. 

•  When I started TMP, I was really careful, making sure nobody was going to say that to me.
  • Currently, when people say "rec ban" to me, I just ignore them, it's just a childish thing to say. 

I don't know what you think, that's just me. 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

I see people with the REC tags (or some variation) all the time, and generally find them to be the ones not following the rules. Here is a user (with the REC tag) that I reported just the other day . They got a 1 month ban.... so I guess they've got a hidden ban record on their profile they don't want people to know about.

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

If someone says rec reported or something and it isn't your fault, then don't get bothered.. but if it's your fault say sorry and the man who reports you will calm down. Like for me if someone rams into me I can see if he did it special or no.. if he says sorry then I understand mistakes happen. but if he rams into me and just keeps doing random stuff then I report:)

The reason why everyone is doing "Recording" in their name and actualling saying to you "REC BAN" is because the server rules are extremely heavy-handed. Every collision in ETS2MP is bannable according to Rule 2.2: "

§2.2 - Ramming*

Causing a collision with another player intentionally or due to negligence. Attempting to cause a collision by steering towards their vehicle." There is no room for "accidents" or for people to apologize or be a good sport. If you are recorded and reported for a minor infraction, you will probably get banned. Many people love this rule and simply play to make it a living hell for us relaxed players. If the rule was eased and the enforcement made less heavy handed, you will see way less people becoming spies for the mod team, who dont need to be spammed with every single collision report because  we players always deal with them ourselves without seeking to end the gametime of another person. If they allow truck collisions to be disabled, it would be another way to avoid people getting banned. But as it stands, the draconian rule needs to be revised and allow for more freedom and remove power from the record/ban club.

a lot of people who actually go like, "rec ban" don't even record at all. they say that just to instill fear in others, some even "secretly" knowing they are the wrongdoers. so just chill if you know you record your gameplay or use the in-game report system which by the way is very responsive for me and also know they got nothing on you because you follow the rules. stay safe, happy trucking! :)

T.

t_bag 

i mean you have nothing to worry about if you haven't done anything wrong all that matters is knowing TMP rules and road rules when you out there so do your best at driving and ignore :mlg_doge:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

I clipped a curb the other day, and with the wonderful physics engine ETS2 uses ended up losing all control and smashing into a truck that was bobtailing. I immediately hit the CB to apologize, to which I get called retarded and that I was recorded and banned.

Though I was a bit peeved at his kneejerk and unnecessary reaction after my apology, I wasnt really worried as I run with the Live/Rec tag and actually do both. Immediately clipped the whole thing so no concerns on my part.

My opinion, if you are actually recording to NOT tell the offender you are. If you are going to use it in a report, let them figure out the hard way. Cause chances are, Game Moderators will look at it and toss it unless it is REALLY bad.

Archived