too many people saying rec and ban for the smallest things

Tank_248

you know just the other day something had occurred to me and another driver so im pulling up to a light and everything and this driver is riding my bumper so when i stop at the light and come to a complete stop the light changes we all get that on traffic light that is a jerk to that"s one thing but its another when you get rear ended by the truck that was just tailgating you like crazy and then he says rec and ban right out of the blue claiming hes got something on me to get me banned its so annoying when you have the one driver does not matter where you are is a complete idiot and gets mad over him being in the wrong so he argues with you over a small fender bender does anyone else feel that way

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a player, I could not care less about those who were throwing "rec ban" on me, I just ignore them.

If you know you did nothing wrong, you should not worry about rec ban, I usually laughed at those who were saying it to me, because I knew that even if they will report me, their report will be declined with negative rating.

A long time ago, when I was new in the MP I was always worried because of the mistakes I make, especially when players where writing "rec, rep" but then I understood that 99% of those words are nothing, most people don't report for similar stuff and if someone is really going to report you he won't write "rec, rep". It's also funny to see that some of the players have tag "RECORDING" and at the same moment they're driving like crazy. I can only recommend you to ignore such a players and enjoy your drive ;) 

Actually, I am still afraid of somebody saying "rec ban". Even though I know I probably won't get banned but it takes a lot of work to do if banned by mistake. So actually, I am being afraid of Game Moderator didn't consider the traffic rules or priority and ban a person by mistake more than their "rec ban"s. Therefore, this trick still works on me.

I have a high ping. If they lagged and they rear-ended me, they will get mad and say "rec ban". So it is quite easy for an admin to make a mistake. However, just like somebody mentioned, most of them aren't even recording. They are just frustrated and regret because they didn't catch you in a video. I've seen someone "rec ban" other people, overtake me, 10 seconds later say "sorry" to another guy.

If they really post that video just to ban someone, they might actually get banned themselves. Some of my friends say "You treat things too seriously". Well maybe ...

Just in case ... you know ...

I can't help with this but you know you can't make sure you are 100% right, but I will encourage them to file a report on me. Did this last night, the guy failed to yield me and I moved forward, he kept going and I stopped. He kept going so he formed a T-bone shape (it feels like I T-boned him). He "rec ban" me. I private messaged him "Make sure you file a report on me". So basically this is recently the most possibility to get a ban for me. If I get banned for this I will post that evidence video here. But this time I am pretty sure I was not in fault.

But ... this is not always the case ... *sigh*

---

One thing I forgot, I do both of them. Sometimes I will say enjoy ban and really file a web report. Sometimes I didn't.

So there are still people like me on the road. That's why I said "I can't help with that but have to treat all rec ban on me seriously".

When people say "rec ban" it always amuses me because of how pointless the phrase is. For a start, the person saying it can't actually be sure that person will be banned, but arguably the biggest issue I have about it is that it's an utterly pointless thing to say. If someone's driving like an idiot and you feel the need to report them, then just do it and move on; there's literally no point then saying "rec ban" as if it's going to earn you some brownie points for saying it.

It's also just stupid seeing it so often; it's without a doubt on of the most overused phrases I've ever seen, and probably fills the chat window more than anything else. People just need to take a chill pill.

Whatever you'll do, people will record you and report you for it. We have come to a stage where people think everything you do is against the rules. I wish some would actually read the rules and know what to say REC BAN for and what not.

I doubt any of this is going to change anywhere soon.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

I think most people at this point dont care anymore. If it is about something small it is mostly just to stress out or joke someone. I never take those things serious.

I agree with you. Some people want to report you for every little thing, but in the end they will not do it anyway. Or the moderators do not see it as a reason for banns. I just ignore such people.

4 hours ago, BlackSkill said:

A long time ago, when I was new in the MP I was always worried because of the mistakes I make, especially when players where writing "rec, rep" but then I understood that 99% of those words are nothing, most people don't report for similar stuff and if someone is really going to report you he won't write "rec, rep". It's also funny to see that some of the players have tag "RECORDING" and at the same moment they're driving like crazy. I can only recommend you to ignore such a players and enjoy your drive ;) 

I always say rec when I record someone. I do this because if they say sorry in the chat after I told them, they won't be reported. I also put recording in my tag and drive fast (have my own car now so normal ets driving is kinda boring) I don't care what you do to me or others, the only way you're getting recorded from me is if you hit me or brake checking, and sometimes I record other people getting hit from someone.

Now see in the real world ladies and gents if someone runs into the back of you while you are on stop at a red light of course that incident is entirely their fault because they do not or are not able to see you braking to a stop, furthermore they aren't best viewed in your mirrors either as they were driving too close. 

In the pixelated world where players like this really don't give two monkeys, they would do it as much as they please. It is hypocritcal of them to be doing such a thing and then go on to say "rec / ban" for something they've done and nine times out of ten they are recording themselves so even if they do report you for doing something right, that video evidence is what goes against them. 

a lot of people who have recording in the tag isent actually recording. I was driving down the road when someone was yelling admin look at number by that time things had already happened and i couldent to anything. So i saw the person yelling had recording in their tag so i said Well if you are recording then make a web report and things will get taken care of if something happened. And then he told me he was not actually recording but he was just saying it to scare people. So i told him not to say he is recording when he actually isent.  So a lot of people who say this arent actually recording. it is just nonsense. But that said, you should of cause drive your best so you dont actually do something that gets recorded by someone who actually is recording. Just always drive your best..

I don't use the chat, but sometimes, I'll send a PM to the guy who rammed my truck: "Congratulations, you are starring on my latest Reporting Evidence Video. Enjoy your free vacation". And me being the "victim"... Lots of times. I drive most of the time by the speed limits, which means that on some roads, I'll be doing 60 Km/h. And those idiots who think that TMP is a racing game don't like slow drivers on narrow curvy roads or when there's traffic on the other lane... "REC blocking" is something that I see quite usually. Of course, I have never been banned for blocking and many of those who threatened to report me have been banned for reckless overtaking and ramming... From my own "REC REP BAN" invissible superpower! :lol:

On 2/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I don't use the chat, but sometimes, I'll send a PM to the guy who rammed my truck: "Congratulations, you are starring on my latest Reporting Evidence Video. Enjoy your free vacation". And me being the "victim"... Lots of times. I drive most of the time by the speed limits, which means that on some roads, I'll be doing 60 Km/h. And those idiots who think that TMP is a racing game don't like slow drivers on narrow curvy roads or when there's traffic on the other lane... "REC blocking" is something that I see quite usually. Of course, I have never been banned for blocking and many of those who threatened to report me have been banned for reckless overtaking and ramming... From my own "REC REP BAN" invissible superpower! :lol:

oof i know right i laugh at the idea of it one time i was driving down the road and this reminded me of it mind you i was just driving the limit minding my own business with a few friends of mine and this guy out of the blue picks me now mind you i have two other drivers that im with but this person singles me out and just shoves me into the guardrail now i don't know why he did it but i must have pissed him off or something a while back or he might have done it simply out of being bored i don't know but i do know that at that min when the driver did what he did i think the admin was watching our convoy of 3 since we just minding our own business a few mins later the driver ended up being banned which i thought was funny as hell i couldn't keep my mind on the road i was laughing so hard and it wasn't just me the other two drivers i was with were doing the same so we pulled over

In my opinion, you don't need to worry about it too much if you don't do anything wrong
And you can see some players just tag game "rec ban" or even write "Rec, report" in the game when they see an accident but then nothing happens. And maybe they just "tag game" to others to pay attention to them. I don't know why 

Archived