Thoughts on Calais to Duisburg route

MythicalNightfall

I mean. It would be a great route to drive on if it wasn't in the state it is in right now because with all of the trolls, the terrible amount of traffic, the constant crashes and or people blocking up the roads, people trying to turn say right or left all going the same direction and some to the same destination when they could go the opposite direction which will take them to the same place. Just reckon that this is something that has been discussed far too many times by players, nothing bad in it like ^

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2019 at 4:57 PM, Nicoduivel said:

I honestly hate it. It is how I imagine the infrastructure of hell would look like. It's also really sad. Calais Duisburg is a nice road, but it is just ruined by players who don't even try to drive normally. Everyone seems to have a lead foot, and 90% probably uses AWSD (on its own that's fine but why drive 150 when you can't even steer properly). The speeding always annoys me because IRL you barely ever see trucks going faster than 90km/h. I don't know whose idea it was to allow for 150km/h, but I would prefer 100km/h. 

When I joined TMP I hoped for a trucking simulation with actual people who could sort of drive a digital truck. What I actually joined was a server filled with people who don't seem to take anything seriously in C-D and even beyond. I didn't use to care much for it because EU3 was the serious alternative. Now that EU2 is always full you get these EU2 drivers on EU3 doing the exact same thing. It's one of the reasons why I started preferring driving in ATS. It might feel more abandoned but at least you don't have these kinds of players. 

A simple solution for that would be don’t go down the C-D road. 

The problem with the c-d is not that there are many people in real life are many people too the problem is that the drivers are 10 years old if all the drivers were driving in real life too then the driving trough this road should be the same like driving in real life but no now they know only how to accelerate and brake driving is much more than that  

It's pretty challenging to be honest, it's neither good nor bad. At my first glance at this place, it was like a pit of doom. Plenty of accidents happens every second, I was new to driving and it was challenging for me. This place is good cruising probably at 2,000+ players online at EU2, not a good idea to visit at 4,000+ players especially if you're type of a person who gets bored easily since you'd be encountering traffic jams. :)

This road is more like a black hole. As more players are there, as more players gets attracted to it.  If im driving alone i play most of the time at or near CD road. driving empty roads gets boring, espacially if you are driving alone. So, if i drive with a few friends, i drive all over the map and if i drive alone i want to see some traffic. There is no entertainment in cruising over empty roads. 

Now i will shock some of you, whats my favorite way of driving there. I take a scout car, go full speed, but never ever overtake. So basically my speed is defined by the truck in front of me.  which might result that i drive 150km/h if the road is free or just go 50km/h if somebody makes a heavy cargo there, which is fine for me. 

@Neba I'm sorry, but calling "traffic flow" to what happens on that road at peak hours is more of a joke than anything else... :lol:

My thoughts about that road... Don't go anywhere near it if there are more than 1000 players in the server or unless you want to be another "Idiots on the road" star. Even when going just on the highway because of coming from southern France towards the UK, it's likely that one will have to be stopping, avoiding the maniacs who are flooding the entrance/exit points from Calais... Or will see their truck/trailer/cargo destroyed (this is from my own experience).

On 2/17/2019 at 11:14 PM, SilentSquads said:

Good evening to all,

I just wanted to see the community’s perspective on this route. Well known, famous for the highest crash rate. What do you think of the Calais to Duisburg route and why?

personally, I like it as it can be a good challenge to people In driving exams, especially in Europe 2.. however, I do also dislike it in some ways because of the unrealistic role play that occurs with other members of TMP.

Probably the road with the most crashes per day.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:50 AM, Hecki_Stafman said:

Calais-Duisburg is sometimes a real art ;)

That's not an art. That's a cheat. FYI :troll:

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

The one time I drove through the CD route (Called the Route of Death in my native language) I was lucky enough not to have been crashed at or run into any sort of trouble going the Calais to Duisburg way.

However, in peak traffic times I tend to mark alternative routes on the map because the last thing I want to do in the game is to be stuck in traffic for 3 hours :(

So far I've only driven through that route once in my MP life.

I take it as a double-edged sword.
For one, I hate not being able to complete serious jobs that demand going anywhere near Calais, Duisburg or that chaotic secondary road in between, without resigning to receive damage in the process. That's why I started using quick save and load.
But now I occasionally just go there with one goal: to get out of there in one piece. It feels somewhat satisfying to be able to dodge all of the trolls and unpredictable drivers who come from all directions. And this also helps me improve my driving in real life.
Myself, I kind of love it in some aspects, and hate it in others. However, I do understand the community's perspective in that the actual amount of people concentrated in that route makes for a deadly and unpleasant experience, especially in a trucking simulator.

Even after all of this, my conclusion is I think people should really start exploring other parts of the map. Even the base map has some pretty interesting secondary roads that would be more than worth being explored: some challenging (such as the one connecting Zurich and Milano), some relaxing (such as the one near Dijon), and some outright bonkers (such as the one I'm looking for right now). 

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

2 hours ago, CONDUCTOR MXL94305CP said:

Even after all of this, my conclusion is I think people should really start exploring other parts of the map. Even the base map has some pretty interesting secondary roads that would be more than worth being explored: some challenging (such as the one connecting Zurich and Milano), some relaxing (such as the one near Dijon), and some outright bonkers (such as the one I'm looking for right now).  

I absolutely agree with you :)

It's a shame. One of the longest single-carriageway roads in the game, and it's infested with muppets with the driving mentality of a 5 year old. There are good drivers there no doubt, but whenever I've been on it, it's always been a disaster and endless chaos. What always amuses me is sticking to the speed limit while some nutcase is behind me flashing and beeping his horn because he wants to do 150 km/h.

Archived