Thoughts on Calais to Duisburg route

MythicalNightfall

Good evening to all,

I just wanted to see the community’s perspective on this route. Well known, famous for the highest crash rate. What do you think of the Calais to Duisburg route and why?

personally, I like it as it can be a good challenge to people In driving exams, especially in Europe 2.. however, I do also dislike it in some ways because of the unrealistic role play that occurs with other members of TMP.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame. One of the longest single-carriageway roads in the game, and it's infested with muppets with the driving mentality of a 5 year old. There are good drivers there no doubt, but whenever I've been on it, it's always been a disaster and endless chaos. What always amuses me is sticking to the speed limit while some nutcase is behind me flashing and beeping his horn because he wants to do 150 km/h.

I honestly hate it. It is how I imagine the infrastructure of hell would look like. It's also really sad. Calais Duisburg is a nice road, but it is just ruined by players who don't even try to drive normally. Everyone seems to have a lead foot, and 90% probably uses AWSD (on its own that's fine but why drive 150 when you can't even steer properly). The speeding always annoys me because IRL you barely ever see trucks going faster than 90km/h. I don't know whose idea it was to allow for 150km/h, but I would prefer 100km/h. 

When I joined TMP I hoped for a trucking simulation with actual people who could sort of drive a digital truck. What I actually joined was a server filled with people who don't seem to take anything seriously in C-D and even beyond. I didn't use to care much for it because EU3 was the serious alternative. Now that EU2 is always full you get these EU2 drivers on EU3 doing the exact same thing. It's one of the reasons why I started preferring driving in ATS. It might feel more abandoned but at least you don't have these kinds of players. 

I honestly do not see why people keep making topics discussing this route over and over...The entire two areas are pretty bad for traffic / trolls.

It's a joke to be honest. This game is not meant to be played by driving up and down the same route day in and day out. There are far better roads on ETS2 to drive on anyway. The more players who start to become apart of the solution and not continue to contribute to the problem, the better this place will be.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Its a terrible road to drive along, I do like it for the traffic aspect, due to no AI, its nice to see some traffic however due to poor optimisation due to mod not being stable, fps just drops massively. People cannot drive either. The turn to get off and on the main stretch of road to calais is horrible. People won't line up and wait to turn, u get people turning from the middle lane and the outer lane causing crashes and havoc. 

Its just a popular road. Don't know why some people fantasize over it, and why other people fantasize over hating it.

I just happen to drive along it a lot because it is a popular road with lots of people.

Sometimes I feel I am a "good driver" when I had no crash in 3 continuously trip.

I don't know how much could apply in real life driving but I've mastered who is a dangerous driver and who will get rammed soon.

I can now start slowing down my truck even if the accident is still not happened.

---

When will I drive there? No friends online and drive with me.

I try to avoid this road as much as possible, I have been on it a few times when my GPS has taken me that route, but most of the time I add a marker to divert me around it.

Let me help you here with the title. What do you think about trolls and bad drivers.

Calais - Duisburg is a nice and busy country road. The route is not the problem but the people showing a bad attitude are. If everyone would show respect to eachother and not drive 140km/h ramming their way to their destination, it would be a perfect and enjoyable route full of awesome truckers.

In the end we all like to pass there sometimes , sometimes its very funny , sometimes its a fucking poison , it really depends of the time you are passing by there , theres good drivers , theres bad drivers , and theres who like to destroy the simulation of the game , in end i like it but sometimes at peak day/hour i try to avoid it , but theres roads more beautifull , like reims to borgues or borgues to nantes.

22 hours ago, SilentSquads said:

What do you think of the Calais to Duisburg route and why?

The route between Duisburg and Calais and its surrounding area are just one tiny part of beautiful Europe.

And TruckerMP is definitely more than Calais-Duisburg, even if questionable "idiots on the road" videos paint another picture.

17 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The route between Duisburg and Calais and its surrounding area are just one tiny part of beautiful Europe.

And TruckerMP is definitely more than Calais-Duisburg, even if questionable "idiots on the road" videos paint another picture.

I've watched a few of those videos. I don't know if the irony is lost on the guy who records them, but his own driving is pretty atrocious; always speeding, tailgating, etc. Half the accidents he gets into could easily be avoided if he adjusted his driving style to the situation.

I hate it and rarely drive on that road. Over 80% of people are idiots and want to overtake me to go full speed. I mostly drive in northern germany, there is a decent amount of players around that area when the server is full and mostly good drivers too. I'm hoping for finished germany rework and possibly other parts of the map being reworked, like the UK, to get people off CD road.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:34 PM, Xaphanx15 said:

I honestly do not see why people keep making topics discussing this route over and over...The entire two areas are pretty bad for traffic / trolls.

In relation to your response, I made it because I wanted to see what others thought of the route. You didn’t have to comment if you didn’t wish to.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:46 AM, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

I love it, its my fave road and has been for a long time :wub: Its great to drive on and meet plenty of other people and you also never know what you are going to see next and its nice to see traffic jams too sometimes :)

Loving the positivity from the game mod

Thanks for the feedback to all, it’s great to hear peoples honest opinions of the route. Although, as mentioned there is other, challenging routes, which if busy would definately be the new hotspot, one of which is Milan-Innsbruck; featuring a windy, twisty road full of surprising sharp turns and small lanes. This road will put any professional driver to their limits, if this isn’t enough, try reverse parking a double B trailer into Taramani business area, doing it at night makes it tougher!

Archived