Do your "In-game" reports get looked at?

InsaneCallum

Do your "In-game" reports get looked that?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Have any of your recent "in-game" reports been looked at? (Majority of reports)

• My reports have been looked at
    • Some of my reports have been looked at
    • My reports are getting timed out

Do your "Ingame reports" get looked at? Not website reports, specially ingame moderation

Zero of my in-game reports have been looked at in the last couple of months

/* This is no hate towards moderation, just want to see a community response */

Edit: This has been moved to general discussion (I had in wrong location)

Personally, i can only go off my experience in ETS2 as i have never reported anyone in ATS or have played much ATSMP

Will be interesting to see the community response to this; always good for us to get an insight into these things.

As I think has been mentioned in the past, we have already planned changes to the game-reporting system with the aim of making it much more efficient so that it delivers on it's purpose. We realise it's not where it should be at the moment, and that improvements need to be made to it. Hoping to see these changes released soon.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• InsaneCallum changed the title to Do your "In-game" reports get looked at?

I think my in game reports has a 2% succes rate.

But I don't blame the game moderators for that, because it's a impossible job for them to deal whit all the reports within the 10 minutes time frame they have.

I have some time watch different game moderators live streams, and most of the time there are over 80 reports waiting to be dealt whit, and it is impossible for them to deal whit the reports, and at the same time be live on the map to deal whit what they see happens right in front of them.

I'm sorry but this is going to come across like a rant.

Whilst I understand not all reports can be looked at in time on a server like EU2 due to the amount of reports made etc and that it's better to just make a web report, This is what really annoys me, when we are on event servers where there like 5+ GMs and less than a few hundred people playing. I prefer to use the in game reports as you would expect a more instant decision and action. But even after I have still made a IG report no GM bothers to look a majority of the time. I have often also PMed or prompted GMs to my report ID and been told "I'll deal with it" for it not to be dealt with and presented in game with the message "No Action was taken".

It just boils my blood when people who are there to do a job, just aren't doing it. There's been an anticipated wait for an improvement of IG reports so lets hope it comes soon and is a good change.

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

4 minutes ago, aalb75 said:

I think my in game reports has a 2% succes rate.

But I don't blame the game moderators for that, because it's a impossible job for them to deal whit all the reports within the 10 minutes time frame they have.

I have some time watch different game moderators live streams, and most of the time there are over 80 reports waiting to be dealt whit, and it is impossible for them to deal whit the reports, and at the same time be live on the map to deal whit what they see happens right in front of them.

Yeah, not atall blaming the current moderation. As i don't know the facts, for all i know this could be just bad luck on my part. 

Maybe is a lack of moderaters on the servers. I have been sticking to website reports for now as its getting ridiculous 

So reflecting on what everyone else has said, I have personally never known my reports to of been reviewed. However, with this being said. I have known some moderators to go on live streams and review game reports. I knew a few too who did the same thing, they in my perspective.. do get reviewed however it depends on the activity. Where as recently I haven’t seen many moderators in servers and I’ve seen countless incidents on th C-D route (Calais to Duisburg). But as others have said, it’s not physically possible for mods to keep track, in my opinion closing Europe 2 unless there’s a lot of mods on would definately give a response to this however people may dislike the appoach of closing a server, a true age requirement may need to be out in place with actual verification where possible to ensure that we don’t have the possibility of immature/unrealistic drivers in TMP. I know this might hurt for some but, TMP is about having a realistic trucking experience with friends, and realistic doesn’t confine to a car causing a 60 tonne artic lorry to go flying in the sky then have the car drive away like nothing has happened. 

Back onto the topic, I believe moderators should be more vigilant as I’ve only ever personally seen 1 mod a month if that, ingame. 

Yes admin already have permaban 2 skoda in game with the report system( the biggest punishment ).., a couple of 1 months and alots of 3 days ban with the in game report system... and when i did pass few time on C-D and driving carefully, few drivers did rules break and got kick by the admin or ban ( depending on the infraction ) .. without i need to use the in game report.  ( since i am on TMP ) ...

( soo for now i see that i made part of the 5% XD ) ... but if you report players during a peak time ( where the server is full ) it is normal that your report might not be looking at... ( there is more than 100+ reports almost every 2 minutes ( averages +/- i can be wrong )

16 hours ago, DJ Jefferz said:

I'm sorry but this is going to come across like a rant.

Whilst I understand not all reports can be looked at in time on a server like EU2 due to the amount of reports made etc and that it's better to just make a web report, This is what really annoys me, when we are on event servers where there like 5+ GMs and less than a few hundred people playing. I prefer to use the in game reports as you would expect a more instant decision and action. But even after I have still made a IG report no GM bothers to look a majority of the time. I have often also PMed or prompted GMs to my report ID and been told "I'll deal with it" for it not to be dealt with and presented in game with the message "No Action was taken".

It just boils my blood when people who are there to do a job, just aren't doing it. There's been an anticipated wait for an improvement of IG reports so lets hope it comes soon and is a good change.

I hear you. But we work on whats called the FIFO system. So first in first out. So when your report is made its put in the bottom of the pile. And if there is 40 reports that means there is 40 reports to be dealt with first, since they have been waiting longer than you. It is like standing in line for the cashier at your local super market. There is 10 in the queue in front of you so you will have to wait for those people to get handled first before its your turn, and sometimes things just happen before we can get to your report, maybe the event closes, or maybe something else happens. We really try our best but we have to take things in the right order to make sure its fair for everyone.  And we are just people and sometimes we just want to drive around the map like everyone else. We do try our best to do the most but reports all take time. And since we cant stop time, some reports will just be lost. That is also why we say you should do web reports cause they will always be dealt with.

52 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

I hear you. But we work on whats called the FIFO system. So first in first out. So when your report is made its put in the bottom of the pile. And if there is 40 reports that means there is 40 reports to be dealt with first, since they have been waiting longer than you. It is like standing in line for the cashier at your local super market. There is 10 in the queue in front of you so you will have to wait for those people to get handled first before its your turn, and sometimes things just happen before we can get to your report, maybe the event closes, or maybe something else happens. We really try our best but we have to take things in the right order to make sure its fair for everyone.  And we are just people and sometimes we just want to drive around the map like everyone else. We do try our best to do the most but reports all take time. And since we cant stop time, some reports will just be lost. That is also why we say you should do web reports cause they will always be dealt with.

I used to be a GM so you don't need to explain the system to me. Alot of GMs are just ignorant to their role and want to be there to look fancy and important.
If you want to just drive round the map and be there to participate in the event itself then you should be logged out. As I say 40 reports compared to 100s shouldn't mean reports don't get looked at at events.

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

51 minutes ago, CptJacker said:

its really hard for GM s to deal with in game reports there is too many of them and it requires at least 2 min for only one to dealth with and a GM wouldnt wanna deal with them that much since they already do at website.

You're right in this regard, yes. It's at the moment impossible for us to review all of the reports that get submitted via the game system due to the volume of them; we literally receive thousands a day. As you mentioned, it also takes time to review each report properly, and this cannot be rushed. We aim to split the time so our staff spend time both in-game and on the website (Game Moderators anyway) moderating, but we realise that we aren't doing enough for the game aspect and more needs to be done. As I mentioned above, changes coming soon to improve our game operations.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

This is how unfortunate to see the IG report, which contains a very objective playback system, is just a waste due to both overflowing volume of reports and no spare staff-time for the handling.

Web one lacks the viewpoints from the perpetrator and is heavily relying on a recording for reporting/defending purpose.  I quite hesitate using it because of additional performance requirement. 

Statistically only 0.2% chance an IG report would be dealt with

The IGA job is alot harder now than what it used to be, if your in game reports have not been dealt with, ensure you've recorded the incident uploaded it to youtube ensuring it's unlisted and report it via the website https://truckersmp.com/reports and punishment will be given. All IGAs have other real life issues going on and they provide a free service to yourself. 

I am an ex-community manager and Game Moderator. All ban request via pm will be ignored and must be sent through the proper channels.

You know this is an overall interesting topic - it gives us a somewhat estimate of what's being completed in-game. One thing to keep in mind is, the Game Moderator team is by far the largest team in TMP. Because of this, we have multiple people living all across the world so someones report might not always get looked at right away. While this is a volunteer job, all TMP Staff members are still humans like everyone else (work, school, etc)  With that being said I have two point of views I'd like to mention.

As a player - Before I joined the team, only a low amount of my in-game reports were claimed or looked at. This is mainly due to where I live. For those who don't know I live in the United States and first started playing TMP strictly on ATS. Due to the 5+ hour time difference from majority Admins (now Game Moderators) my reports were not looked at. So like everyone else I had to report the user(s) via the website. I'm really thankful for the report system or the user(s) in question would have gotten away without punishment. 

As a Game Moderator - I try to spend a fair amount of time in-game dealing with as many in-game reports watching them and determining the best possible outcome. As mentioned above while a GM (like myself) claims a report another 3-4 reports are submitted. It's obvious that we can't watch every single report because the intake is just to large, and sometimes reports are made for no offense and it just takes our time away from an actual report that needs our attention. Being a GM is very time consuming and even if I spend 3 hours in-game that's another 45 mins to an hour compiling all the footage I've saved. 

The issue I've seen (keep in mind not all players) but TMP Staff will work for hours on end and then when they want to relax and drive - someone will see the colored name or reorganize the name and ask why they aren't working. Everyone in TMP Staff has their assigned roles and completes their work in a timely manor. 

That's my two cents on the matter and interested to see additional responses. 

the perfect exemple of a working system ( i dont claim it to be totaly perfect.. but i have enough evidence that it is working...) (this exemple is like winning the lotery ticket.. )

(action have been taken... soo i know he paid the price of his action...) (i was expecting maybe more... but the result is there ... i am happy with it.)

Some of my reports have been looked at.
I occasionally have luck reporting a player and getting the report accepted right away. But the little amount of times this happens, versus the amount of reports I make ingame, led me to report every single trip I make. For instance, yesterday I uploaded 4 different reports in a single video. I won't post a link for your own visual safety (I run on Intel HD Graphics).

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

I have in-game reports, but no one has ever looked at it. They're all timed out. I'm now reporting on the Website. I don't use the in-game report system. :D

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Archived