Remove speed limits from EU#4 server.

FernandoCR [ESP]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 10:52 PM, [PL] Plaid360 said:

So, from what I've heard, the global speed limiter is actually hard coded into the multiplayer mod itself and it can't be disabled on particular servers. They also aren't thinking about removing it.

I never heard something like that, but even if it were true, we currently have different speed limits in different servers: EU#1 has 60/110 Km/h (inside/outside cities) and the other servers have 80/150 Km/h. So if each server can be coded with a different speed limit, it would be as simple as making EU#4 have speed limits of 300/300 Km/h or even higher...

On 6/6/2019 at 8:43 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I never heard something like that, but even if it were true, we currently have different speed limits in different servers: EU#1 has 60/110 Km/h (inside/outside cities) and the other servers have 80/150 Km/h. So if each server can be coded with a different speed limit, it would be as simple as making EU#4 have speed limits of 300/300 Km/h or even higher...

I don't think I said this clearly enough. There is a hard coded 150km/h speed limiter in the mod itself, the 60/110 limiter is server specific and if it would be disabled there would still be the 150km/h limit.

You can actually see that on https://truckersmp.com/status the only server with a speed limiter enabled is EU1.

10 hours ago, [PL] Plaid360 said:

I don't think I said this clearly enough. There is a hard coded 150km/h speed limiter in the mod itself, the 60/110 limiter is server specific and if it would be disabled there would still be the 150km/h limit.

You can actually see that on https://truckersmp.com/status the only server with a speed limiter enabled is EU1.

OK, that would make sense. But how do you know this? Because the way I see it, the developers already knew how to set a forced speed limit BEFORE deciding to make all servers 150 Km/h max. (EU#1 was 110/60 limited long before that). Which IMO makes it a lot more credible that they just applied a similar limit (server-based) on all other servers, only instead of 60/110 Km/h, the new one was 80/150 Km/h.

Maybe if someone from the staff reads this, they can ask the developers and get a proper answer, but like I said, I never heard of hard-coded mod-side speed limits and if there were, I think that this suggestion would have been rejected right away with a simple explanation: "Speed limits can not be removed from a single server".

I haven't read the previous pages but, is it really necessary? 

It's suppose to be a sim, and the speed we currently get is unrealistic. 

I think you'd just be ruining the whole point of the game. Faster speeds would make it even harder to control, and you'd spend more time on your side than on your wheels.

12 hours ago, MaverickTD said:

I think you'd just be ruining the whole point of the game. Faster speeds would make it even harder to control, and you'd spend more time on your side than on your wheels.

only if you can't drive, their didn't used to be a speed limit when i first started playing multiplayer years ago and everything was fine, i used to drive 186kph and i did not end up on my side so as long as you can drive you should be fine, also ive seen people tip at 80kph so its down to their crap driving lol

8 hours ago, Scottish Bloke said:

only if you can't drive, their didn't used to be a speed limit when i first started playing multiplayer years ago and everything was fine, i used to drive 186kph and i did not end up on my side so as long as you can drive you should be fine, also ive seen people tip at 80kph so its down to their crap driving lol

Most likely,  but it still defeats the point of the game being a SIM rather than racing.

@MaverickTD The point of the game is defeated already in all servers other than EU#1. If TMP wanted to make their mod follow the goal of the game, the speed limits would have to be something like 50 Km/h inside cities, 90 Km/h on open roads. In all servers. But right now, anyone can drive their trucks at 150 Km/h everywhere they want and this is nothing like simulation. I just thought that since TMP has become more of a "Fast and furious" instead of a truck simulator, if most of the speed lovers move to a server without speed limits (but no collisions) the MP would be safer for everyone in any server.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:20 AM, MaverickTD said:

With all due respect, but you should take the time and at least read the OP suggestion and try to understand it.

At present, the server EU#4 is a non-collision server which means that vehicles can not hit each other.
And as there are no dangers of collisions, the enforced speed limit is consequently unnecessary.

With the speed limit on this specific server out of the way, players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds could (and IMO should) switch to this server where they are not bothered by slower moving vehicles and where they do not run the risk of being banned by reckless driving.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

With all due respect, but you should take the time and at least read the OP suggestion and try to understand it.

At present, the server EU#4 is a non-collision server which means that vehicles can not hit each other.
And as there are no dangers of collisions, the enforced speed limit is consequently unnecessary.

With the speed limit on this specific server out of the way, players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds could (and IMO should) switch to this server where they are not bothered by slower moving vehicles and where they do not run the risk of being banned by reckless driving.

I did read the OP and I know it's a non-collision server, I mean in general. I don't understand the need for the extra speed. You could just TP in single player if you want to go fast lol

• 2 weeks later...

@FernandoCR [ESP] Something new I noticed about the truckersmp server status page.

EU2 now says the speed limiter is enabled when it used to say disabled for some reason: http://prntscr.com/o9l9yw

EU4 says speed limiter is disabled and it doesn't say "(80/150km/h)" beside it: http://prntscr.com/o9la6d

The ones that say 80/150 km/h are now in light green, EU1 is in dark green because that server has a special limiter, and now EU4 is gray which might mean no limiter at all now.

So does this mean there is finally no speed limiter on that server?

Not sure if they're going to make some sort of official announcement for that on their blog but this is great for people who want to race at very high speeds they can now do that.

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@dragonslayingmaster1000 I'm guessing that you had the same idea as I did and tested, but it seems that not only speed limits are still in place in EU#4, they are now at 90 Km/h (I saw and posted on your Help topic). Funny how players can now go faster in EU#1 - Simulation than in the "Freeroam" server !! :lol:

Just made a bug report on it and hopefully it gets fixed.

Which is almost what I had suggested (not here, but in another topic) and I never thought that it would come true. That's the reason why I sent this other suggestion, hoping that if the first one was rejected but this one accepted, at least (maybe) many of the most reckless players would go to EU#4. Now, this suggestion has become useless... I'll have to "report" myself so it's closed.

Archived