Remove speed limits from EU#4 server.

FernandoCR [ESP]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

+1

The speed limiters are there for a reason on servers with collisions, but if the rules already say that rule §2.2, §2.3, §2.4, §2.5, and §2.6 already don't apply on servers marked as free-roam, so I don't see any reason in having a speed limiter. You can't affect anyone in almost any way on EU4.

I'd even consider playing on EU4 once in a while if it had no speed limiter.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:00 AM, Doxxyz said:

i will not agree with this idea ,  speed limit is there so you can handle your truck and trailer , and the game is a truck sim not a racing one ..if you want to race get a racing game and have fun there 

If you don't like this idea then, you're a total idiot.

First of all, NOT all the europes are getting this update, only europe 4

Second of all, NOT everyone started playing yesterday and has no idea of the handling capabilites of the car and trucks

And third of all, NO ONE can be trolled, or bothered on Europe 4 because it's a no collision server. Maybe this reply will iluminate your mind.

• Web Developer
4 hours ago, Doxxyz said:

the point is not the most likely idea... but you need to learn what speed hax means without a speedlimiter  .. and i will say it for a last time so you get the point THE GAME IS  SIMULATION 

I agree with you. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a Simulation game, like title says.

If we were talking about other servers (EU 1, EU2), I would be agains of the idea of removing the speed limit. However, we are talking about a Freeroam server.

Who drive there? Who do deliveries on that server? Everytime i log in, i see around 20-30 players being on EU4. There is no simulation there anyway (NCZ).

I personally used that server 2 times in my life. The first, i was testing my steering wheel, the second I wanted to take some pictures without disturbing the other players on other servers.

• 5 weeks later...

And do you really want that?
Speed lemit, iit's good idea, Why? they don't see what's happening on many roads, In other words, they are "rooster eagles".  Over the course of the day, 60 ( + - )  road traffic offenses were detected and 40 ( + - )  cases of speeding were recorded. Many accidents happen due to speeding.:excl:

"Speeding is a sin that requires different repentance"

Exceeding overshoot does not match.
Speeding over speed is still one of the biggest traffic problems that increases the risk of accidents.

Sorry but i will be BEFORE :110:

nbfgnBO.png.26f9f4d3a1f9d61821a43f88fdf9d178.png

unnamed.jpg.55d4047c9dcbe611219a2c3ec1b4bc94.jpgunnamed.jpg.0495ca0f9adff9cf7ba22481955cb590.jpgunnamed.jpg.3a648e065beef5f1b50ba8b1d3f858a0.jpg
unnamed.jpg.5b70bce891435c23c3a847b6f0ea349c.jpgimg%5D795749874_role_VeteranV(1).webp.1f11a09e018b8aee9aca50975c2b58b2.webp
nbfgnBO.png.43bd36f6478743f4194401867211cf2f.png

@ElectroHouse20 Read the complete suggestion, please. There would be plenty of speed-limited servers (EU#1, EU#2, EU#3), it would be just EU#4, which is non-collision everywhere, the one without speed limits. Vehicles can't crash into each other in this server, accidents would only affect the speeding players, by crashing against walls or tipping over, not anyone else.

So, from what I've heard, the global speed limiter is actually hard coded into the multiplayer mod itself and it can't be disabled on particular servers. They also aren't thinking about removing it.

This is kind of sad because today you have servers like EU4 and the 5th anniversary server and even though one is no collisions and one is no road rules each one has a speed limit which takes half of the fun away from playing the game.
To all the people who think that the speed limiter is perfect and we should worship it, please understand that this community has different styles of players, some of them can handle driving a vehicle at high speeds, some like to have fun by driving at high speeds, and some like to have fun by doing everything by the book and not going 1km/h over the limit. There simply isn't a solution which will make everyone happy, that's why we want the speed limit disabled for the GLHF servers like EU4 and TMP5. EU1 to 3 will still have some aspects of true Euro Trucking Simulation.

No, that won't do.If the speed is cancelled, the vehicle will lose control and all kinds of accidents will happen, which will lead to a lot of confusion even if the penetration:D

+1

By doing this EU2 traffic would be reduced because lets be honest most people are there to push the metal to the pedal and cause all kinds of accidents.

Eu4 would be an alternative to everyone wishing to go all out and race with their trucks but not harming anyone around them. I cant understand how this wasnt implemented in the first place. I reckon this will be implemented as it has been a large demand for EU4 to be non speed limited. Lets hope this is taken into consideration and make EU4 a fun server as it always has been.

A little confused on how when I suggested this it got denied but when you suggested the idea it is open for discussion but that's beside the point...

I think this is an excellent idea because it is a freeroam server with no collisions, no harm will be done whatsoever by this. The entire reason for the speedlimiter in place was to prevent crashes and by doing that reduce the amount of work on the admins, which I think is good, but I don't see a reason for there to be a speedlimiter on a freeroam server. 

Archived