Remove speed limits from EU#4 server.

FernandoCR [ESP]

Suggestion Name: As title

Suggestion Description: Please, before rejecting this suggestion with the typical "It has been suggested many times in the past", keep reading... Yes, I think that speed limits should be removed from EU#4 server. I already sent a different suggestion about re-purposing the servers so EU#4 would disappear, but I see very unlikely that it can be accepted, so this can be an alternative. The "Frequently suggested (and rejected) things" topic includes this line:

"Change speed limiter to */Turn off speed limiter:
Variations of this have been suggested countless times. If you don't want speed limiter, there's EU#2, for everyone else, there are all the other servers, no we won't change the speed limiter on these, it's set to 110 as a compromise."

But this refers to the time before the 150 Km/h limit was implemented in all servers. Back then, EU#1 had 60/110 Km/h speed limit, EU#2 had none and EU#4 didn't exist (or if it existed, it was the same as EU#2 but without collisions). Players could drive as fast as their vehicles allowed them to (over 160 Km/h in trucks and 250 Km/h in cars). Currently, if you don't want speed limiter, there's NOT EU#2. Or any other servers. So it's clear that asking for only EU#4 server to be no-speed-limits has NOT been suggested countless times in the past. As far as I can remember, this would be the third time and I'm only sending it because the first one was lost and the second one was rejected with a wrong (IMO) reason.

EU#4 was set as non-collision all over the map, in this server, rules about reckless driving, ramming, blocking, racing, driving wrong way, don't apply. Precisely because being non-collision, those rules don't make sense, players can't ram others, can't block others' paths, any collisions are only with static world objects and can only damage the player who collides and not others. This is why removing speed limits from EU#4 makes sense (and IIRC, a previous suggestion like this one was already accepted, but it disappeared when the Suggestions section was re-worked).

Any example images: Not needed.

Why should it be added?: Like explained in the description, EU#4 server is named "Freeroam", it is NCZ everywhere in the map, players would be able to drive as fast as they wanted, only limited by each vehicle's power (speed-hacks or over-powered engines modifications should be still bannable, if only because these hacks can cause other players' games to crash). Those who want to race would not be limited to 150 Km/h, those who love cars would be able to go again at 250 Km/h and no one would be able to damage other players directly.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree with this suggestion and do believe it should be implemented! +1

:tmp: love greetings Mo1993

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

@Doxxyz

he isn't suggesting to remove it from EU 1, which is the simulation server, or EU 2, the server that caused the 93 mph max speed limit server or even EU 3, the no car server. he is suggesting it for EU 4, the free roam server, the only server where you cant block, or ram anyone else. so a speed limiter there is as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

@Doxxyz

if all servers are sim servers, then all 4 servers should be set to 35 mph city and 55 mph highway. with NC zones for job sites only. that is what is listed for almost all highways in Europe for trucks, even the famous autobon in germany is limited for trucks.. TMP created 4 servers. 1 for simulation. 2 that have a max speed limit of 93 mph, one of those is a no cars server, and one that is set to have 0 collisions with other people. if the OP had asked to remove the limiter from EU 1, 2, or 3 I would have disagreed with his post. however since he has suggested that the  only server where someone cant hurt anyone other then themselves, to have the limiter removed there is no issue.

you said all "servers are for simulation". that statement is false, only EU 1 is set with simulation rules. the rest are not. you can treat them as simulation servers, and yes this game can be played as a simulator but until the people who caused this issue stop playing like kids who want to treat this like it is ETRS or ATRS, TMP will need servers like the freeroam server of EU4.

as far as if you are right, you are only 3/4 right in your statement, ATS and ETS are simulator type games, and not racing games. however if you read the paragraph above again and actually understand what I am saying, you will see that the 3 non simulation servers are there to allow people to relax and have a none strict simulation.

so I will say it again, removing the speed limiter from EU 4 wont ruin the simulation for you, or for me. it will allow people who think that this is ATRS or ETRS to actually have a place to play that way. and I still support this suggestion, even if I never play on it. 

Archived