Truck suggestion

A.Hopkins

Hey yall, I wantted to see what truck people would suggest for what my goal is.

So my goal is to make Long distance hauls with the max weight that i can get. I love doing heavy loads,  and im trying to find what rig is right for me and what i want to do. Im not looking to be a speed demon that whips around at 150 kph. I have the basic game right now tho i do plan on getting Special transport and Heavy cargo  dlc packs. 

2 things i would like to know.

1. are Special transport and heavy cargo supported in MP servers?
2. What truck do you like to haul heavy loads with?

Special transport trailers are not supported in MP (due to the size), though I still recommend getting the DLC if you don't have it because there are a few extra beacons you can use on your truck with the DLC (which look pretty nice). The heavy cargo DLC is fully supported in TMP.

I personally use either my Scania R 2016 4x2 low cab for anything I know I most likely won't be going over 70-80 km/h with (I just personally like how well it actually can handle these trailers, and how stable it is in doing so still), or my Scania R 2009 8x4 (pretty self explanatory) for anything im not doing long distance or if there's a lot of people on the route I plan to take. Both with top-of-the-line 730 hp V8 engines.

With how this game works, you can haul any trailer with any truck and configuration, providing you have the skills to do so. (Though I wouldn't recommend any less than 500hp for trailers 40t+ unless you are getting a gearbox with more gears/shorter overall drive ratio such as the ZF 16 speed or the Scania/Volvo 12+2)

8x4 chassis isn't nessecary, but its a nice thing to have for heavy haul. (much easier to make tight turns in cities with more weight+traction pulling the trailer)

My best suggestion for long distance heavy haul (providing you will average 80-100 km/h): Any truck with a 500+ hp engine, coupled to the shorter variant of the 12 speed gearbox (the extra gears aren't nessecary as long as you stay above 500 hp))

If you plan on going a bit faster than 100 km/h then you should use the longer 12 gear gearbox, definitely with 600hp+.

To add on to what @S p a r k i e said:

I'd recommend a 16 speed in general, although the DAF ones make for better mixed use gearboxes.

A 6x4/8x4 truck is pretty much a base requirement

Learning how to manual shift, or use shift hinting will be extremely useful to carry speed

Honestly, you'll be fine with a ~400 HP engine unless you haul up that one huge incline in Norway

I wouldn't go past 80 with the trailers, the odd handling physics could catch you out easily

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

On 2/15/2019 at 7:21 AM, Wimder said:

1. are Special transport and heavy cargo supported in MP servers?

Hello!
MP does not support Special Cargo. You can use Heavy Cargo.

On 2/15/2019 at 7:21 AM, Wimder said:

2. What truck do you like to haul heavy loads with?

I'd like to use Volvo. Fast and powerful truck.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Special Transport DLC is not supported by TruckersMP because it requires AI vehicles and since they're not on MP it won't be possible to use them and I guess when they finish working on a new game mod they'll work on the support of that DLC. Well, I think Volvo is the best truck for heavy trailers as It's pretty powerful and also looks nice ;)

Hello There Wimder

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived