laptop dose not connect to server

Mr-Squirrel

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi,

For easier help for our Support team and us, Can you provide more info of what kind error you get?

Maybe upload screenshot of the error message.

Best regards 

Total EDM

Hello!

What do you mean with you can't connect to the server. What is the issue? Any warningmessages from the laptop? If yes, please send some screenshots. Also make sure you're internetconnection is working properly.

I'm waiting for your answer.

Kind regards

Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

14 hours ago, Mr-Squirrel said:

image.png.3b99d45a7c773ba000c27daf4b7910b2.png it still is doing this and i have tried a lot of things and it only happens on my laptop 

Hello :) 

It may cause by your internet

Try these to fix this problem

1. Try turning your router off for 1 minute and then turning it back on and see if you still have connection problems

2. Try clearing your DNS cache, follow this link for the guide https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

3. Try changing your DNS to Google's one and see if that has any effect https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html

4. Try re-setting your win-sock cache 

Click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter (run cmd as an admin, right click run as admin)

Once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

Type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

Restart your computer

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down. 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653 

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

into a command prompt window

Also make your your internet doesn't block the connection 

And try this

On 2/14/2019 at 3:32 AM, Mr-Squirrel said:

image.png.3b99d45a7c773ba000c27daf4b7910b2.png it still is doing this and i have tried a lot of things and it only happens on my laptop 

Please, try this solution by following the steps regarding 'flushing your DNS':
> Press Start or the Windows icon via your desktop task pane
> Search for "cmd"
> Right click the "cmd" icon and select "Run as Administrator"
> Within cmd - Type this command: "ipconfig /flushdns"  (Without any quotation " " marks)
> Wait for this to complete. 
> Relaunch MP

Note: Remember to always launch the TruckersMP launcher with administrator privileges: 
> Right click the launcher
> Properties
> Compatibility
> Tick/check the box saying 'run this program as an administrator' 

It seems you have enabled the launcher through your firewall, however, please confirm with me whether or not you have made an exception through your anti-virus software as well. 

7 hours ago, BlackSkill said:

Please, try this solution by following the steps regarding 'flushing your DNS':
> Press Start or the Windows icon via your desktop task pane
> Search for "cmd"
> Right click the "cmd" icon and select "Run as Administrator"
> Within cmd - Type this command: "ipconfig /flushdns"  (Without any quotation " " marks)
> Wait for this to complete. 
> Relaunch MP

Note: Remember to always launch the TruckersMP launcher with administrator privileges: 
> Right click the launcher
> Properties
> Compatibility
> Tick/check the box saying 'run this program as an administrator' 

It seems you have enabled the launcher through your firewall, however, please confirm with me whether or not you have made an exception through your anti-virus software as well. 

so that did not work and my firewall is set to not block it and as for my anti-virus its the same as my desktop and it works on there  

Dear @Mr-Squirrel

Since this topic has been inactive for over 3 days , i  will have to move this topic to  the Inactive topics.

If you still need any further  help, feel free to DM me or someone else from the support team. we will open this again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive 

Hello @Mr-Squirrel,

This topic has been inactive for another 2 days. Because of that I'll move it to Unsolved Section. 

Do not hesitate to create another topic or a support ticket if you'll need any further help. 

Thanks for your understanding!

//Moved to Unsolved