How much would you sell this PC for?

VodkaBrother

Hi guys,

Recently performed major and long awaited PC upgrades and after selling my old PC but I'm really not sure what to sell it for so I'm hoping you guys can give me some ideas.

I've re-purposed a couple of parts from the old PC which I know will cut the amount I could get for it but I'm still hoping I can get something back that I can put towards a new monitor.

PC Specs:

- AMD Fx8320E 3.6GHz (Stock Cooler)
  - MSI 970A-G43 Plus
  - 8GB Generic Micron RAM
  - ASUS GTX 750Ti

-Generic Black Case with x1 Intake and x1 Exhaust

No PSU or Storage in this PC. I'm really not expecting much, just wanted your opinions or if you think it'd be worth buying a small hard drive and cheap (but known brand) PSU to up the price.

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Is the GTX new or used ( i mean is it in mint condition ), googled the parts & the FX is £109 on amazon while the GTX ( New is £763 ) ( Used £120 ) so depending on the condition it could be £900 just for those two alone. Mobo is £64 on amazon, have a look around at what similar systems are going for but remember also that the Ryzens are gonna be putting the value of the FX down being they are the successor

so £500 or a little more would be about right 

@Hrdee In my experience you'd be lucky to get around £200 for it. The only stand out part in the pc is the 750ti the other parts are either generic or just (sorry) old and won't really hold much value.

Don't buy a hard drive for it, buy a ssd (solid state drive) it's the best way to make your pc better/faster. SSD's at the moment are very cheap, if you do go for one the least you'll want is a 120gb version but good deals can be found for a 240gb drive.

@ScaniaFan89 The parts will be seen as used so the prices you're stating to the OP won't be achieveable at all. £500 is way too much for the parts listed.

In my view it'll be this:

AMD Fx8320E 3.6GHz (Stock Cooler) - You'll be lucky to get £60 for that (even with the stock cooler)

MSI 970A-G43 Plus - This is quite an old board that uses pcie gen 2 and the older ddr3 for ram so again, if you're lucky) i'd say around £50 to £60 for this part.

The case and the memory are generic and prety much not woth much in there own right so i'll say £10 for the memory and £10/£15 for the case.

Now......as for the graphics card you'd be lucky to get around £60 to £90 for it.

So as you can see (roughly) it's not that much so if you factor in the cost of a psu (if you ought one) and the hdd (or even a ssd) the whole price could be upped to around the £300 mark but you'll then have to think about getting a windows 10 licence.  They can be bought for not very much on ebay etc.

I do have to add that if you do purchase a psu then make it a good one, as the one thing you really don't want to do is cheap out on a psu.  Because if you do and it goes pop it's very highly likely that itll take other parts along with it.  Corsair and bequiet! are psu's i'd recommend.

6 minutes ago, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

@Hrdee In my experience you'd be lucky to get around £200 for it. The only stand out part in the pc is the 750ti the other parts are either generic or just (sorry) old and won't really hold much value.

Don't buy a hard drive for it, buy a ssd (solid state drive) it's the best way to make your pc better/faster. SSD's at the moment are very cheap, if you do go for one the least you'll want is a 120gb version but good deals can be found for a 240gb drive.

@ScaniaFan89 The parts will be seen as used so the prices you're stating to the OP won't be achieveable at all. £500 is way too much for the parts listed.

In my view it'll be this:

AMD Fx8320E 3.6GHz (Stock Cooler) - You'll be lucky to get £60 for that (even with the stock cooler)

MSI 970A-G43 Plus - This is quite an old board that uses pcie gen 2 and the older ddr3 for ram so again, if you're lucky) i'd say around £50 to £60 for this part.

The case and the memory are generic and prety much not woth much in there own right so i'll say £10 for the memory and £10/£15 for the case.

Now......as for the graphics card you'd be lucky to get around £60 to £90 for it.

So as you can see (roughly) it's not that much so if you factor in the cost of a psu (if you ought one) and the hdd (or even a ssd) the whole price could be upped to around the £300 mark but you'll then have to think about getting a windows 10 licence.  They can be bought for not very much on ebay etc.

I do have to add that if you do purchase a psu then make it a good one, as the one thing you really don't want to do is cheap out on a psu.  Because if you do and it goes pop it's very highly likely that itll take other parts along with it.  Corsair and bequiet! are psu's i'd recommend.

I just searched the parts on google by highlighting & right clicking search google for, then looked at amazon links! 

@[ST-LH] The Englishman

Cheers for the response.

To be honest I considered getting rid of it for around 100-150 regardless but putting a 120Gb SSD isn't a bad shout. When I said buying a small hard drive I actually meant digging through the hard drive box in my garage.

Plus, I'd never buy a no-name brand PSU for any PC because I know firsthand what they can be like. I was thinking a BeQuiet! 400W and I know that Kingston do 120Gb SSDs for as low as 20 pounds so just over 60 pounds to get it functioning again and then to sell it.

I could always attempt to increase it's value and advertise it as a "Fortnite Gaming PC" lol.

@ScaniaFan89 I’m not making you out to be an idiot but if you think that lot is worth £500 + then you’re doing a good job of it on your own. 

@ScaniaFan89

Actually, you are right about people going crazy for older parts.  The price for even used LGA1150 Motherboards these days is crazy and there was a time when the GTX 750Ti was good bang for buck at crypto mining so that blew up too.

My PC that I'm selling as a whole though, knowing my luck wont go for any more than 200 even once I've slapped a PSU and SSD into it especially because they've been well used day in day out for years now.

I'm going to put a bit of restoration work into the PC, clean everything up, slap some new thermal paste between the cooler and CPU so hopefully I can get a bit more from it just by doing that.

Cheers for your help, mate.

Hello There Hrdee

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived