Jump to content

/fix for owned trailers.


KaitanFox
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a good idea however as far as I understand (I might be wrong) the /fix command was added so players can fix there engine after a collision and aren't blocking the road. Your trailer damage doesn't affect if you can drive and seems unnecessary, remember this is a simulator. If you drove carefully you shouldn't have to use the /fix command in the first place and should have 0% trailer damage.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

I totally agree with the idea.

 

I usually drive very carefully. I really like to have my truck+trailer in perfect conditions (with 4% damage after 3000km journey, I always go repair) But... as all you know, It is not fair at all after driving 2500km without incidents a crazy car driver comes in wrong way with his crazy friend and totally crash you leaving you lying on one side in the road. Meanwhile you are lying on a side, your damage is increasing so quickly press F7 for teleport asap. 

In resume... the price cost for repair truck+trailer totally kill my route profit, and overall the long time spended driving following the traffic rules for just coins.

 

If we think on it... 100% truck damage also can use F7 for teleport and repair, so it is not an excuse for not to use /fix also with the trailer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ElijahDnZ said:

+1 only from fact that damage affects job incomes ! but don't affect drive of trucks 

it only effects job income if the load is damaged, not the trailer. there is 3 separate damage indicators: truck, trailer and cargo.

 

as for this suggestion, it is a no from me. it isn't needed. damage to the trailer doesn't effect driving or job income unless if the cargo itself is damaged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, McGalcri said:

+1

I totally agree with the idea.

 

I usually drive very carefully. I really like to have my truck+trailer in perfect conditions (with 4% damage after 3000km journey, I always go repair) But... as all you know, It is not fair at all after driving 2500km without incidents a crazy car driver comes in wrong way with his crazy friend and totally crash you leaving you lying on one side in the road. Meanwhile you are lying on a side, your damage is increasing so quickly press F7 for teleport asap. 

In resume... the price cost for repair truck+trailer totally kill my route profit, and overall the long time spended driving following the traffic rules for just coins.

 

If we think on it... 100% truck damage also can use F7 for teleport and repair, so it is not an excuse for not to use /fix also with the trailer.

 

7 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

it only effects job income if the load is damaged, not the trailer. there is 3 separate damage indicators: truck, trailer and cargo.

 

as for this suggestion, it is a no from me. it isn't needed. damage to the trailer doesn't effect driving or job income unless if the cargo itself is damaged.

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that... as I explained in my post, it is not only the price of the repair, also the penalty profit if your cargo is also 1% or 2% damaged. Just a small percentaje damage is really expensive.

And dont forget... usually when your trailer is hitted and damaged, your cargo is also affected.

NOTE: I tested it and the amount of profit penalty due damaged cargo depends of the total reward mostly. More reward, more expensive each %

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@McGalcri

 

when I play MP it is in ATS and I have only been in 1 accident in it. it was a server related issue. as for ETS the few times that I have been hit the only damage has been to either the truck or trailer, none of the damage has effected the cargo. note I do not play on EU2 where all the less then respectful, to put it nicely, play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@McGalcri

 

when I play MP it is in ATS and I have only been in 1 accident in it. it was a server related issue. as for ETS the few times that I have been hit the only damage has been to either the truck or trailer, none of the damage has effected the cargo. note I do not play on EU2 where all the less then respectful, to put it nicely, play.

I understand your point of view, but understand mine as well. I joined TMP for to meet a lot of human drivers (Im a bit bored of AI only hehehe) with the fact, knowing they are humans, i can expect human errors, thing adding an extra realism for me. The thing I dont like is to need to play almost all my reward from a loooooong journey because an idiot trolling for fun. That is not fair at all. For this, allowing repair truck+trailer with /fix will reduce also coarse language and insults in CB radio :D (trolls will be less motivated for trolling I guess)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Good idea, but it does not affect the way trucks drive. Most people playing MP will already have a lot of money from playing SP previously or cheating it in. Or they could add a different command (/fixtrailer) for only ownable trailers, which has a bigger cooldown than the normal fix command. In which you can use after you finished your route to fix your trailer as it is not needed as much as fixing your truck and people wouldn't have to use their fix command on a trailer. 

Dylan

 

:tmp: zo6J2G8.png :tmp:

 

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dylboiii said:

Good idea, but it does not affect the way trucks drive. Most people playing MP will already have a lot of money from playing SP previously or cheating it in. Or they could add a different command (/fixtrailer) for only ownable trailers, which has a bigger cooldown than the normal fix command. In which you can use after you finished your route to fix your trailer as it is not needed as much as fixing your truck and people wouldn't have to use their fix command on a trailer. 

Loading autosaves is better, downside is if you leave a busy area as it saves. The cool down is useless as trolls simply load a save instead so its not really preventing anything! Cargo probably can't be fixed anyway, irl the load would be refused. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Loading autosaves is better, downside is if you leave a busy area as it saves. The cool down is useless as trolls simply load a save instead so its not really preventing anything! Cargo probably can't be fixed anyway, irl the load would be refused. 

Agreed! You shouldn't really need to use the /fix command unless you are trolled or being trolled. I agree that there is no way of stopping trolls by adding the cooldown because you can easily just load up a game save. But what I was saying there is no need to fix an ownable trailer because it doesn't affect the cargo that is in the trailer or affects the driving of the truck Although it would be a good feature for people with low money to fix the trailer, you're still not losing much money cause its not effecting the cargo inside and you could have 100% damage on your trailer it still won't affect the cargo from a new route.

Dylan

 

:tmp: zo6J2G8.png :tmp:

 

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do agree that /fix should work for trailers. Having gone down the CD road many times (being a 5 year veteran), I've been in a few accidents that clearly were not my fault (and I would inevitably report the player who caused the accident and they'd get banned). I don't like having the feeling of pulling a damaged trailer to my drop off when it wasn't me who damaged it. This would be beneficial for those new players who all the sudden find themselves in the path of those trolls on the road, currently if a troll strikes their trailer and the trailer gets so severely damaged... tough luck, they'd hardly make any money from their job. If we have a /fix command for trailers they can fix their trailer in those situations.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, TheLynxster said:

I don't think this should be added because people will abuse it and repair their trailer just before handing it over to the company so that they get more XP.

 

That's why we'd have a cooldown just like the /fix command has right now. Plus if a player has a near perfect journey the difference in payment between your trailer having 5% damage and no damage is not very substantial to the point where it'd be abuse.

  • Like 1

~ TheDarkAngel7 ~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheDarkAngel7 said:

I do agree that /fix should work for trailers. Having gone down the CD road many times (being a 5 year veteran), I've been in a few accidents that clearly were not my fault (and I would inevitably report the player who caused the accident and they'd get banned). I don't like having the feeling of pulling a damaged trailer to my drop off when it wasn't me who damaged it. This would be beneficial for those new players who all the sudden find themselves in the path of those trolls on the road, currently if a troll strikes their trailer and the trailer gets so severely damaged... tough luck, they'd hardly make any money from their job. If we have a /fix command for trailers they can fix their trailer in those situations.

 

That's why we'd have a cooldown just like the /fix command has right now. Plus if a player has a near perfect journey the difference in payment between your trailer having 5% damage and no damage is not very substantial to the point where it'd be abuse.

Yeah, you're right to be honest. I didn't really think about the small difference in a 5% damaged trailer compared to a pristine one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, enex SLOVENIA said:

Based on people someone will abuse this system just to farm more XP/money.

 

 There is many other ways to farm both, for example, editing saves, doing fast travel many times, but it's just optional, I don't see reasons to dislike it, just my opinion. Also, I see this suggestion being very well accepted by those who just play and don't interact here in the forum.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sQCF - Beater said:

 

 There is many other ways to farm both, for example, editing saves, doing fast travel many times, but it's just optional, I don't see reasons to dislike it, just my opinion. Also, I see this suggestion being very well accepted by those who just play and don't interact here in the forum.

 

I can't speak for others I only speak for myself. The reason why I'm not in love with idea is that when your trailer damage is not on the line nothing really is. You can do everything wrong and there is no repercussions

(and with repercussion I mean if I crash into scenery/crash someone who is not reporting people etc).

I crashed? Let me do /fix for the truck to get it back operational (that is ok - it has timer/you need trailer and its widely adopted). I scraped my trailer? Let me run /fixtrailer to remedy that. Risk and reward is totally eliminated.

That is my main grudge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, enex SLOVENIA said:

I crashed? Let me do /fix for the truck to get it back operational (that is ok - it has timer/you need trailer and its widely adopted). I scraped my trailer? Let me run /fixtrailer to remedy that. Risk and reward is totally eliminated.


I understand your point, but consider that the command will be applied only to the trailer, and as already stated in the description of the suggestion, "not necessarily the cargo inside" which will really give you the reward. So even if you can fix your trailer after an accident, you will still be penalized for damage to your cargo. Like so:

 

vL6sm0.png

 


If it were exactly as you say, then yes, that would be completely unfair, but the idea doesn't seem like that.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sQCF - Beater said:


I understand your point, but consider that the command will be applied only to the trailer, and as already stated in the description of the suggestion, "not necessarily the cargo inside" which will really give you the reward. So even if you can fix your trailer after an accident, you will still be penalized for damage to your cargo. Like so:

 

vL6sm0.png

 


If it were exactly as you say, then yes, that would be completely unfair, but the idea doesn't seem like that.

 

That's good point. I will abstain from a vote now until I learn more about trailer and cargo mechanics. ( I haven't yet done that in game ). Thanks for replying.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, sQCF - Beater said:


I understand your point, but consider that the command will be applied only to the trailer, and as already stated in the description of the suggestion, "not necessarily the cargo inside" which will really give you the reward. So even if you can fix your trailer after an accident, you will still be penalized for damage to your cargo. Like so:

 

vL6sm0.png

 


If it were exactly as you say, then yes, that would be completely unfair, but the idea doesn't seem like that.

In my opinion I rather it just be /fix does both trailer and truck instead  of it having multi commands for the same thing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Smiddy1050 said:

In my opinion I rather it just be /fix does both trailer and truck instead  of it having multi commands for the same thing

Indeed, it would be much better, with just one command for both, but I don't know if it's possible this way or how it could be puted into the game, anyway we'll have to wait for it as it will still need to be approved before

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.