Is this normal?

First, I apolegise for the low quality zoomed-in screenshot that is provided.

The story begins when I was driving on the Calais to Duisburg road in EU2, I saw a person that was driving recklessly and I warned him that I would report him for this then suddenly, something really creepy happens.
I do not know whether my username or custom paint job (Mint Toothpaste) caused this but I was asked if I'm an LGBT or not and and another player said that I'm "Gay" .
I discussed this with my friend M and M told me that there's a woman that's known as an LGBT which is also called Anson.
I was certainly confused after this because I don't want to, my parents gave me this name and I just can't change it.
The TMP community is pretty much filled with idiots that literally can't think properly.

擷取2019212 (65).PNG

Let me start off with this. The TMP community is a great community and as with all communities, I am sure you will find some people that like to behave negatively. I can't really read what your screen says. Wheter you are LGBT or not, what does it matter? You can just be yourself in whatever way you wish and others must just accept and respect that. If you feel offended or the need to have this dealt with, I suggest reporting this. You can discuss this with a game moderator and solve it more in private.

As with any large community, you're going to get people that act a fool just because they can. As someone who IS gay, I've learned to not let stuff like this affect me. Brush it off and just keep driving. Those people are only trying to get a reaction out of you and that's it. Hopefully you'll have a better experience next time. <3

Good Evening,

I would like to start of by saying,the TruckersMP community is very diverse, you have the realistic people and then you have the toxic people - the person in the screenshot above. Whether or not you're LGBT it doesn't matter, at the end of the day you're still human so who cares. 

I think the best solution to solve this situation will be to report the user using the official TruckersMP report system, which the Game Moderators can deal with in an appropriate manner. However, yes that person sound be off the road for a bit, but long term it's still going to effect you, therefore, you should just leave this topic and this situation behind you. 

I hope I addressed you concern,

Encrypted :) 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

I would like to say that such a person, no matter where, if you think that his practice has caused you trouble, you can submit to management to solve. But I usually ignore such people. Have a good time

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

In general, no one may be discriminated on account of sex, descent, race, language, homeland, origin, religion, religious or political views or disability.
A violation against this principle is not only a violation of the rules but more importantly a crime.

Please report these players immediately, as the international and open-minded community of TruckersMP does not tolerate such behavior.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, Averazon said:

Let me start off with this. The TMP community is a great community and as with all communities.

Talking about greatness of a new kind :D

On a serious note.ignore the chat, completely; you can hide it by pressing F9. Enjoy the game instead. Schizophrenia became a natural thing for the hateful part of the community in general, people don't have simple education.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Unfortunately there is a considerable amount of homophobia and hostility towards the LGBT community amongst the players, we just need to rewind a few months to when TMP changed their Facebook profile picture  to the rainbow design for pride month. 

An unfortunate number of the comments simply came from ignorance, being uninformed, and bigotry. It could also be because many of the players are rather young (primary- middle school) and haven't learnt a more dignified and mature vocabulary yet. 

On 2/16/2019 at 4:45 PM, Maze said:

I don't understand why people use "gay" as  a form of insult. Living in Canada, that's completely unthinkable for me. People need to grow up, this is 2019. 

People in some parts of England misuse the word all the time. I grew up in such an area. But then they misused a lot of words...

On 2/12/2019 at 10:25 AM, Kainberry said:

The story begins when I was driving on the Calais to Duisburg road in EU2, I saw a person that was driving recklessly and I warned him that I would report him for this then suddenly, something really creepy happens.
I do not know whether my username or custom paint job (Mint Toothpaste) caused this but I was asked if I'm an LGBT or not and and another player said that I'm "Gay" .
I discussed this with my friend M and M told me that there's a woman that's known as an LGBT which is also called Anson.
I was certainly confused after this because I don't want to, my parents gave me this name and I just can't change it.
The TMP community is pretty much filled with idiots that literally can't think properly.

擷取2019212 (65).PNG

Yes, it's normal.

You send a provocation to that person without being involved, he responded accordingly by sending provocation to you. Perfectly normal human interaction.

Now you are in shock for being called LGBT/Gay.

The question is, why are you in shock for being called LGBT? Did you felt like being called weirdo?

Why are you searching for the clues that might gave a reason to that player to call you LGBT/Gay?

Do you want to remove those clues?

If you can't handle Internet arguing, just mind your business and don't start one.

People have freedom of speech, they might throw nasty words at your face.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:58 PM, MrG721 said:

Yes, it's normal.

You send a provocation to that person without being involved, he responded accordingly by sending provocation to you. Perfectly normal human interaction.

The question is, why are you in shock for being called LGBT? Did you felt like being called weirdo?

Why are you searching for the clues that might gave a reason to that player to call you LGBT/Gay?

If you can't handle Internet arguing, just mind your business and don't start one.

I agree with you

On 2/12/2019 at 10:25 AM, Kainberry said:

擷取2019212 (65).PNG

you can contact someone you trust and who will help you:wub:

On 2/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, MrG721 said:

Yes, it's normal.

My comment: Pissed, imagine you being called an LGBT by someone on the internet but you aren't one, would you be happy? For me, your comment is quite rude. All I want is to share my experience on TMP.

Hello There Kainberry

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived