Anyone else ever get this weird speed gltich?

RichManSCTV

As far as I know, that's new physics issue which I found out after update 1.33 and the craziest thing was happening with Skoda on bridges as It was just going to 180 from 150 and you were going to crash if you were driving +100km/h, but TMP developers fixed that issue with Skoda car on the last update of launcher and I hope SCS or TMP will try to fix trucks physics issues too as It's just pretty much annoying and can cause a ban for players in MP. 

1 minute ago, [TAL Founder] BlackSkill said:

As far as I know, that's a new physics issue which I found out after update 1.33 and the craziest thing was happening with Skoda on bridges as It was just going to 180 from 150 and you were going to crash if you were driving +100km/h, but TMP developers fixed that issue with Skoda car on the last update of launcher and I hope SCS or TMP will try to fix trucks physics issues too as It's just pretty much annoying and can cause a ban for players in MP. 

Ah! I have seen skodas go FLYING off bridges for no reason before and thought it was just the winter mod lol

54 minutes ago, [TAL Founder] BlackSkill said:

As far as I know, that's new physics issue which I found out after update 1.33 and the craziest thing was happening with Skoda on bridges as It was just going to 180 from 150 and you were going to crash if you were driving +100km/h, but TMP developers fixed that issue with Skoda car on the last update of launcher and I hope SCS or TMP will try to fix trucks physics issues too as It's just pretty much annoying and can cause a ban for players in MP. 

Nope it still happens now for cars. Seems to only happen if you accelerate over bumps and sidewalks so just let off the gas.

Yep, the skoda is the worst with it. Certain vehicles perform better than others. The bumps have weird effects and im guessing it has something to do with wheel speeds. I'm sure SCS knows about this by now though. (Im going to check their forums really quick :P) EDIT: Theres nothing I can find on their forums about it, so if anyone else wants to see if you can create a bug report on there, that would be great (I don't have an account on their forums :P)

1 hour ago, S p a r k i e said:

Yep, the skoda is the worst with it. Certain vehicles perform better than others. The bumps have weird effects and im guessing it has something to do with wheel speeds. I'm sure SCS knows about this by now though. (Im going to check their forums really quick :P) EDIT: Theres nothing I can find on their forums about it, so if anyone else wants to see if you can create a bug report on there, that would be great (I don't have an account on their forums :P)

Done https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=268676

(in my opinion) all 3 video in this topic look more like reckless driving.... 

1) just by the way you drive and hit the side of the road ( 00:02 - 00:04 ) 

2) from the moment you pass 80 km/h in this area you are exposing yourself and all other players around you at risk of an accident... 00:06 you are at 95/96 km/h wich is reckless driving and never slow down.. until 00:08/9ish.. were you get your wierd boost.. and ramm somneone ...

3) over speeding car and hit the train track is a common "bug" and it dangerous to do.. 144 km/h at 00:06 is reckless driving... 

it never happened to me I'm not like driving crazy like you going on side walk or cross intersection with 150 Km/h  when I close the junction I just slow down that's it.

first video show us you are not driving normally something wrong with you.

second video is you're reckless driver you seeing the traffic is blocked ahead of you but you still pushing gas pedal what you trying do really? 

I have done over 30000 Km all over the map, UK, Scandinavia, Baltics, France, Italy, Going East, etc. in the last 5 days and never had this happen to me. But I'm one of those weird players that 99.9% of the time go slower than 90 Km/h on open roads and slower than 50 Km/h inside cities. So I'd say that there's the solution to this bug. You can try. Or not, and keep complaining that you can't go full acceleration/speed without crashing.

14 hours ago, HayaletGhost said:

first video show us you are not driving normally something wrong with you.

second video is you're reckless driver you seeing the traffic is blocked ahead of you but you still pushing gas pedal what you trying do really? 

Thats not what is going on, did you even read anything? Its a glitch that causes you to speed up super fast randomly if you hit a bump a certain way

A ver @FernandoCR [ESP], que pase esto, tu lo ves normal, en una carretera que aparentemente no hay ni baches? Porque yo no lo veo normal. Ademas, soy competidor en TruckBook de 100-180 (150 en MP) y JAMAS me habia pasado nada parecido desde la 1.33. En mi opinion, hay que reconocer que alguien ha hecho algo mal. Solucion? Que se pongan las pilas y lo solucionen

Ya no solo por la velocidad que se alcanza, si no por esos chavales que se comeran algun que otro ban porque sus PC's no son lo suficiente potentes para poder grabar y demostrar su inocencia

No cuesta nada ser humilde y buena persona, porque el mal que hagas en la vida, en la vida lo vas a pagar

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I have done over 30000 Km all over the map, UK, Scandinavia, Baltics, France, Italy, Going East, etc. in the last 5 days and never had this happen to me. But I'm one of those weird players that 99.9% of the time go slower than 90 Km/h on open roads and slower than 50 Km/h inside cities. So I'd say that there's the solution to this bug. You can try. Or not, and keep complaining that you can't go full acceleration/speed without crashing.

Thing is, I've noticed similar things happening in the car; not the acceleration, but the bump and crashing. I don't exceed 70 mph (112 km/h), and very rarely do that speed when trying to join some of the motorways in England, and yet it still happens. Once such incident was when I was driving the motorway past Calais; my car was doing 112 km/h when it bumped on the end of a bridge and spun out.

I'm going to try and make a video to show what I mean.

EDIT: So it appears the speed bug does actually happen to the car, and is the cause of some of the crashes I've had.

Test Performed on EU4 Non-Collision Server

I'm not saying that it's not a bug, we all know that SCS changed values to stability and other parameters. Maybe... I'm thinking that I did change my values, using the console, to lower them (the truck feels more real). I'm also thinking that most players won't even know how to change those values and many others swill change them but to raise them, not lower them. Example:

Trailer stability: default = 0.5, my setting = 0.2, max. allowed in TMP = 1.5

Truck stability: default = 0.5, my setting = 0.2. max. allowed in TMP = 0.5

Braking intensity: default = 1.0, my setting = 0.5, max. allowed in TMP = 1.0

Suspension stiffnes: default = 1.0, my setting = 0.5, max. allowed in TMP = 1.0

Max allowed in TMP are theoretical... Using the console, anyone can set stability at 1.8 or suspension stiffness at 2.5, if TMP finds out, it can mean a permanent ban but it's too difficult to prove that so I'd bet that many players are risking it only to go the fastest they can and not tip over when turning.

That kind of "glitch", apparently when driving over anything bumpy, points to something with the suspension. @McclaudEagle, could you, please, try that same test, but changing the suspension stiffness in the car? I mean, with a very hard suspension, a slight bump will make a real car at high speed fly, with a softer one, the springs can absorb the impact a lot better. The way to change the stiffness via console is "g_suspension_stiffness X" (X should go from 0 to 1.0, default is 1.0)

@RichManSCTV Link is broken or video was deleted.

18 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I'm not saying that it's not a bug, we all know that SCS changed values to stability and other parameters. Maybe... I'm thinking that I did change my values, using the console, to lower them (the truck feels more real). I'm also thinking that most players won't even know how to change those values and many others swill change them but to raise them, not lower them. Example:

Trailer stability: default = 0.5, my setting = 0.2, max. allowed in TMP = 1.5

Truck stability: default = 0.5, my setting = 0.2. max. allowed in TMP = 0.5

Braking intensity: default = 1.0, my setting = 0.5, max. allowed in TMP = 1.0

Suspension stiffnes: default = 1.0, my setting = 0.5, max. allowed in TMP = 1.0

Max allowed in TMP are theoretical... Using the console, anyone can set stability at 1.8 or suspension stiffness at 2.5, if TMP finds out, it can mean a permanent ban but it's too difficult to prove that so I'd bet that many players are risking it only to go the fastest they can and not tip over when turning.

That kind of "glitch", apparently when driving over anything bumpy, points to something with the suspension. @McclaudEagle, could you, please, try that same test, but changing the suspension stiffness in the car? I mean, with a very hard suspension, a slight bump will make a real car at high speed fly, with a softer one, the springs can absorb the impact a lot better. The way to change the stiffness via console is "g_suspension_stiffness X" (X should go from 0 to 1.0, default is 1.0)

I did a test as you suggested, and initially it seemed to work better at 0.5 suspension stiffness. Unfortunately, on the third attempt the problem happened again; the car rapidly accelerated by about 10-15mph and hit the central barrier. It could be possible that the way the assets are made could be contributing to this issue with the way the physics are now.

Archived