Why are the only few users playing ATSMP?

May3ay

ATS as it stands in it's current form is an empty shell compared to ETS2 and it really is sad how SCS is treating the game compared to ETS only 5 states have been put out since it launched and only 3 brands of trucks are out there the petes and kw's have 2 different choices  and volvo only 1 while if you go into ETs there r 5x the amount of truck brands ( I may be exaggerating my comparison number there but you get the point) the map is huge compared to ATS the way you discover the map is different then ATS it's better and they released the map expansions by regions aint nobody got time to sit on a game for 43 more years before the entire U.S is filled in I will have reached age 73 if they Keep doing this 1 state a year release thing we will say thing in place of true words expressed by many drivers including myself and many of us honestly feel SCS is trying to kill the title ATS which they have lost many fans of because its the same old runs on the same old roads for hours upon hours the only thing that might change is the load and/or vehicle that you are hauling I can not even tell you how many times I have seen Hobbs, Astoria, San Diego, & Portland we really hope SCS beefs up the State releases to maybe like regions or multi states a year and also beefs up its truck releases but we do understand that it takes time to get the trucks out due to branding legality but its like ETS is the golden child that everyone loves and adores and ATS is like the adopted red headed step child as it stands and feels to many of us....oh and your missing a major pass on the map so far in ATS on the boarder of OR & CA on the I-5 you forgot to put in Ashland Pass I was looking forward to that but they never added it in there only major pass/hill is the Grape vine just out side of the LA basin on the I-5 which I might add was pretty accurately designed the lanes really do cross like that IRL so good job on that design in cali but hornbrook is not the last city you cross on the I-5 IRL I do believe it does not even touch the 5 its Yreka and just south of that is Weed its just kinda annoying and irritating sometimes to realize your probably playing a game that will not be around In the coming years because they give all their attention to ETS and it feels like and then if and when they have time there's ATS hiding under those folders and I doubt the 400-560 at peak time average in the server will last long due to boredom until WA is released then they will flock back to the game for a few weeks/months and then the numbers will dwindle yet again as they lose ATS again under those files again so they can go back to primarily focusing on ETS.....  "End Rant" 

MAD CAP out see you all out there on the I-5 corridor.

I have that too, I just keep ending up on the same roads over and over again. Even if I do drive on a road that I rarely see, it is usually identical to others. For me, the entirety of southern California, Arizona and New Mexico feel kind of the same. In Europe however, the way the roads look is quite different for some countries. ATS just needs more variety in truck choices and more area's. Besides its called American Truck Sim, not USA Truck Sim, so being able to enter Mexico or Canada would be interesting. I think the MAN Euro 6 might have drawn even more potential ATS players away. In order for more players to join a new event, map DLC or a new truck has to be added. Around the time that I am online, there are usually no more than 280 players.

For me, the reason for playing ATS more recently is the long waiting times in ETS2MP now. It feels like both EU2 and (especially) EU3 could use a player capacity bump. In ATS it does feel empty and abandoned but hey at least you can connect instantly!

Hello There NR_K Owner l MayDay

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived