Why are the only few users playing ATSMP?

May3ay

Basically same as ETS, just different map & trucks. Many people own both games, but play only ETS, because there are just much more people online. I also bought ATS few years ago and played only 1 hour so far xDD... I don't find it funny to play with 300 people on whole server so I prefer ETS. It would be funny tho if stuff decided to shut down ETS servers for like a week, I think that ATS servers would be full of life during that period of time xD

Alis*

The best job is one you can play The Witcher 3 in - click

Everyone commented so far has it wrong. It is far different than lack of content, the base game is there, multiple cargoes that vary by delivery points - warehouses, supermarkets (kinda), motor companies, agricultural facilities. Like if the map was bigger it would have that much more actual gameplay content in it...

Challenge about what people can't deal with easily compared to Euro Truck. The bigger the trucks, the bigger the trailers, the bigger the challenge to navigate/manuever. Try giving a ETS2 player turnpikes to operate in Nevada, watch him "cringe". I myself find it brutal - never drove doubles in Europe either. I have my first experience pulling TRIPLES in ATS.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think it's because ATS was later released as ETS. And since most players come from Europe. In my opinion, ETS is just a few versions ahead of ATS.

For me personally, the reason for being more active on ETS2 than ATS is the variety of trucks. The recent addition of the Volvo was nice and cab wise it's my favorite truck. The Kenworth is nice but in my opinion, the engine is too loud. The Peterbilt is better but I dislike the smaller windows. The other two "modern" Peterbilt and Kenworths are practically the same things. For now, the Volvo has kept me playing but I hope more trucks are coming this year. 
But simply put in numbers:

ATS: 5 Truck Models
ETS2: 16 Truck Models (Including the new MAN)

There are more options in ETS2 so with that the chances of finding a truck you like are bigger I guess. But that's just my reason...

@Nicoduivel

the reason the t680 and the 579 sound the same is because they actually use the same engines, both made by Paccar. as for the W900 being loud, that is from the combination of the CAT engine and it being a turbo diesel engine. IMO the Volvo is just as loud, when accelerating, as the W900. I do agree that the 389 has a small separated windshield, but it is fairly easy to look past it, you just have to spend time driving it. a side note is that both the W900 and the 389 have a hood orimate that you can use to stay in the lane. which is a good thing for new players.

@OP

what most everyone has said is a fair assessment,  truck variants  ETS has more truck models then ATS, and 5 map expansion dlcs vs ATS's 3 paid and 1 free. the base game map is bigger then ATS. but as @Zakxaev68 has said, ATS has jobs that can be more challenging then almost all of the jobs in ETS base game and in Scandinavia.  

15 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@Nicoduivel

the reason the t680 and the 579 sound the same is because they actually use the same engines, both made by Paccar.

Sorry, I meant that they're pretty much the same on the interior. Only the engine sound of the Kenworth bothers me, and the Volvo seems a bit too quiet when you're not accelerating. Also another thing about the audio, I think the indicators are too silent in all trucks, you can barely hear them.

@Nicoduivel

the t680 and the 579 do have similar interiors, but if you use both the trucks gps and the navigation window, you will notice that the navigation window will cover the gps in the 579 making it harder to see, however in the t680 you can still see most of the trucks gps. that is why I only have the 389 which stil suffers from the same issue the 579 does.

The reason the 579 and T680 are so similar is that they're essentially the same basic truck, built on the same basic platform.  I don't have a ton of time to play, but when I do there's usually 4-500+ people in the server. Anywhere I go, I see several other players along the way.  I'm sure as the game continues to grow and mature, player count will increase.

20 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

If i gave you my honest answer i would get banned, so i'll just say this.....its a whole lot of nothing which shouldn't have been releases when it was!

Dang man, that's pretty harsh from a guy I've seen in ATSMP many, many times.  I'd love to hear your honest opinion.  Maybe the game was pretty sparse when it was released, but it was ready and it's growing steadily.  I love the time I spend in the game, I've made some great new friends and some are fellow former drivers that I can commiserate with about the sad state of the over regulated trucking industry. 

On 08/02/2019 at 20:52, Jagman said:

Eu realmente gostaria que a ATS estivesse mais ocupada do que atualmente. Isso tornaria o jogo muito mais interessante e realista. Eu vi isso em alguns momentos em que o ATS terá apenas 6 jogadores no servidor dos EUA. Admito dirigir por horas a fio e só ver como uma ou duas pessoas fica chato.  

Exactly why the TMP equpipe that only has 1 programmer has not yet been able to finish the project of inserting Traffic A.I in ETS 2. The idea is to have movement, fluidity, this makes a difference and would be good to the ATS, mainly. I think people play more ETS 2 for a few reasons: - Most of the players are from Europe. - European trucks are most popular in the world. South America has few brands of US trucks, usually people with lots of money. In 37 years of life I witnessed 1 ° PITTERBILD. But SCANIA, VOLVO, IVECO, DAF, RENAULT are very popular and MERCEDES. So a cultural issue and cultural influence. It's like WORLD TRUCK day to have ASIA SIMULATOR, we'll see Japanese trucks that are admirable in pulling trailers but small cabin, the sleeping bed is on the ceiling. The wind break is a cocoon, all to optimize space. And the garages, well, certain cities just back entrance and half of the truck on the street, others are buildings, rather large vertical loading and unloading areas. Mutated mountain highways, fast and furious auto roads and quiet villages. And Japanese truck brands like SUZUKI BY EXAMPLE. Many may find it strange, but Asiatics will play a lot, for cultural identity.

The main reason ETS2 is more popular is because it has more content. It has more trucks, bigger map, more paintjobs, more customizations and just in general more content. I actually believe ATS is the slightly better game but with the lack of content it just cant comped with ETS2 atm. That is the big reason everyone is on ETS2. And since it has more players on there is more players wanting to play on it. :)

1 minute ago, MrSirViking said:

The main reason ETS2 is more popular is because it has more content. It has more trucks, bigger map, more paintjobs, more customizations and just in general more content. I actually believe ATS is the slightly better game but with the lack of content it just cant comped with ETS2 atm. That is the big reason everyone is on ETS2. And since it has more players on there is more players wanting to play on it. :)

Yeah thats what I figured I will admit tho because ATS is such a small community you tend to recognize drivers a lot quicker than you might on ETS2

For me ATS have a good map size and any player can spend alot of hours delivering, about the quantity of trucks I think the player can drive only 1 truck, so if you like the game you get any truck pickup you load and drive.

If someone don't play ATS the reason is not the map size or the numbers of trucks, because in ETS2 alot of players drive Calais-Duisburg have 490 Kilometers of distance (304 Miles), but ATS have a beautiful road Los Angeles > San Fransciso have 930 Kilometers of distance (577 Miles), explain to me how this is small or less fun?

Yes ETS2 is more popular because the game age, truck brands and map size, but if you like american trucks go play ATS and help to populated the server, if you have a company organizer convoys and record to youtube.

I try to suggest a populated route for ATS: 

The ATS playerbase has been growing recently.  Most weekday evenings there are 400+ players.  Not long ago we were lucky to see 200 people on weekday evenings.  Most weekends there are over 500 players, and last weekend we hit 600.  These numbers are after the bump from the last DLC release, which is a good sign.  It's getting better, and hopefully as we get more content, the playerbase will continue to grow.

Archived