Scout Unguided Missile

Question

Hello

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with the Scout car lately; it seems the car has decided it no longer wants to be a car, but rather an unguided missile. I had merged onto the M90 from the road from Aberdeen when my car suddenly lost control for no apparent reason. It basically pulled itself sharp right and crossed both sides of the M90 before crashing into the grass verge on the opposing side of the road; fortunately, it managed to miss two truckers coming the other way.

Is it possible with the updated physics that the car is bottoming out on certain road/junction pieces?

5 answers to this question

The Scout (and some chassis configurations with trucks) have some sort of weird effect when hitting a bump (or the wheels suddenly losing and regaining traction) due to the newer physics.

Sadly, there is no way to correct this issue yourself.

I'm sure SCS know of the issue by now, and it may or may not be fixed in 1.34.

More technical explanation of what I think happens when hitting a bump:

When the wheels lose traction, naturally when the engine is outputting any power they will spin up. However, instead of the tires being slowed back down to the correct speed when they regain traction, they rocket the car forward at the speed that the wheels are currently rotating, causing either ridiculous speeds, or the vehicle suddenly veering off to the side from one side of the car having more traction than the other.

When the car pulled itself to the right, it did so in a manner similar to skidding out, and it happened far faster than is possible to steer using a controller. I'm not sure if the speed was affected, not that it mattered because the car turned and entered the opposing lanes far faster than I was able to deal with and didn't pay any attention to the speed when it happened.

Hello @McclaudEagle

Because this topic has not been solved and has also lasted 3 days in inactivity I will proceed to move it to inactive topics. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to speak with me to enable the topic or create a new topic, we also invite you to use our support system here: https://truckersmp.com/support

//Locked & Moved to Inactive

Kind Regrads,

Gun Powder

TruckersMP - Support

Hi all,

Since this topic has been inactive for a further 2 days , i will have to move this topic to Unsolved Topics.

If you still need any help,create a new topic or contact us directly by submitting a support ticket:https://www.truckersmp.com/support

//Moved to Unsolved