Possible solution for most trolling

14 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^^The problem comes because cars in TMP are nothing other than trucks with a modified skin, I don't know if setting different speed limits would be doable. If it were, then perfect, trucks would have 90 Km/h (55 mph) max, cars could have 120-130 Km/h (74-80 mph), it would certainly be more realistic, cars usually go faster than trucks.

To be honest, the only two problems with the Scout car now are:

1. The poor steering response; it lacks the snappy, responsive steering cars normally have

2. The current issue with the suspension/physics, although I'm not sure if that's been fixed because the car has been edited recently, but I haven't tested that.

I'd like to see a compromise whereby cars are allowed in EU1, but where they're not able to be like unguided missiles, and aren't used to rake in huge amounts of cash via the caravan deliveries. Maybe I'm just biased because I like abiding by the rules in the Scout...unlike real life where my actual car gets used a little more spirited (I didn't get it remapped to 220HP and 360Nm of torque to drive like an old fart). :D

I have to say no  because trollers can be everywhere  I think  they should   reset eu4 back to original  this will reduce rule breakers  most players play as a race but   many players play as realistic  

@TomiikCZ Realistic Driver Have you bothered reading the suggestion?

Current EU#1 - No cars, 60/110 Km/h, 2300 slots                                                           Suggested EU#1 changes - All kinds of vehicles, 50/90 Km/h, 5000 slots.

Current EU#2 - All kinds of vehicles, 80/150 Km/h, 4200 slots.                                    Suggested EU#2 changes - No speed limits, no-collisions on all map, 5000 slots.

Current EU#4 does not fit either of my suggestions.

@Husky_06 That's weird. Because my suggestion would make all "trollers" to be in ONE server instead of everywhere. By "reset EU#4 back to original" I guess that you mean removing the speed limits... That would probably make some players to switch to that server, but not one single troll would go there, there's nothing for them in a no collision server, they would stay on EU#1, EU#2 and EU#3. So you see, changing EU#4 to no speed limits would be only a band-aid, not a cure.

@TomiikCZ Realistic Driver Because in my suggested scheme, EU#4 would not exist? And now, EU#4 has the same speed limits as EU#2, so it's not attractive to speeders.

Again, EU#1 would be a mega-server for simulation, with strict speed limits and moderation, EU#2 would be the mega-server for freeroam use, no speed limits, no collisions, almost no rules, less moderation. And that would do the trick. Maybe EU#2 with 5000 slots would not be enough? EU#3 could be opened under the same conditions as EU#2.

• Upvote 1

I don't think 130 km/h is actually really realistic for a car (maybe for a small car like Fiat 500) because still even if it is technically a truck it still supposed to act like a car which should go way faster 
and the EU#2 with no collision wouldnt help because the trollers want to crash and not to go fast most of the time and then EU#1 would be the only one with collision so the trollers would switch the servers from EU#2 to EU#1 to ruin the fun for the people in Simulation server 
and basically a speed limit to 97km/h on every server would be enough to solve the rammers problem 

Nice of you to bring it to the table, BIG ups.

Besides. I fear the whole moderation staff (would) see no interest in performing such solid change, as - based on my sense of things - about 7-8k players favor the recklessness driving in general. To strengthen the numbers, this same circle, least 5k to say, would donate for the(ir) "cause". Therefore. the moderation staff have excuse to keep it as it is, because in the end, the voice have those who donate and not the ones who discuss the important topics.

In reality we need a mod that provides the quality of singleplayer play, including traffic. And game masters that are no joke.

@FernandoCR [ESP] + @Joao Rodrigues Talk on PM for a convoy if you're up for it lads?

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Le Cat said:

I don't think 130 km/h is actually really realistic for a car (maybe for a small car like Fiat 500) because still even if it is technically a truck it still supposed to act like a car which should go way faster 
and the EU#2 with no collision wouldnt help because the trollers want to crash and not to go fast most of the time and then EU#1 would be the only one with collision so the trollers would switch the servers from EU#2 to EU#1 to ruin the fun for the people in Simulation server 
and basically a speed limit to 97km/h on every server would be enough to solve the rammers problem 

So 130 is slow for cars... Where in Europe cars are allowed to go faster than that? (and please, don't start with the German autobahns, those are just certain stretches of road and can never justify leaving the rest of the map without limits).

About the EU#2, that's exactly the idea. Players who want to go fast would have no issues with trolls because there would be none. In EU#1, trolls would increase, obviously, but they'd be limited in speed, by a bigger amount of game moderators and by players who seek realism and would not be so forgiving towards trolls. Basically, a 97 Km/h limit would solve the rammers problem? And what about those who think that 150 Km/h is not fast enough? You said yourself that 130 Km/h is slow for cars and now you want to put a 97 Km/h limit? Weird...

@Zakxaev68 You are completely right, not sure about the donations thing, but about the numbers. It's so cool to say "more than 2.5 million users, more than 10K online daily users". It seems that this is one of those cases where quantity is more important than quality. And sorry but I don't do convoys. Even small ones are usually a magnet for trolls so I prefer to go solo, trying to keep away from the "Idiots on the road" well-known places. It's lonely, but I can drive on my own terms, relax and make my WoT deliveries with almost no issues, which is what I play this game for.

@TomiikCZ Realistic Driver I love those vague "Why do I give a f*ck. -1!" responses in the forum by members.

You misunderstood the idea, @FernandoCR [ESP]. Convoys for private; 2-3-man convoys on EU1 work well for me. Public convoys I rather stay away from. I do convoys within the VTC I am part in these days. Anyways, I prefer to play alone but then again I'm looking for role-playing in this mod, I try to do that more else I'll ditch TMP for the good ol' singleplayer, y'know.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Le Cat said:

130 km/h translates to 80 mph, and is the maximum speed limit for the vast majority of motorways in Europe, with the exception of certain parts of Germany. While it's not a realistic top speed for 99% of production cars on the road today, it is a realistic top speed limit for probably 70% of Europe. And yes, while the idea of the car is to behave like a car, the reality is that the car in ETS2MP still doesn't actually behave like a real car would; for a start, its steering is far too unresponsive which presents serious problems at higher speeds.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

So 130 is slow for cars... Where in Europe cars are allowed to go faster than that? (and please, don't start with the German autobahns, those are just certain stretches of road and can never justify leaving the rest of the map without limits).

About the EU#2, that's exactly the idea. Players who want to go fast would have no issues with trolls because there would be none. In EU#1, trolls would increase, obviously, but they'd be limited in speed, by a bigger amount of game moderators and by players who seek realism and would not be so forgiving towards trolls. Basically, a 97 Km/h limit would solve the rammers problem? And what about those who think that 150 Km/h is not fast enough? You said yourself that 130 Km/h is slow for cars and now you want to put a 97 Km/h limit? Weird...

@Zakxaev68 You are completely right, not sure about the donations thing, but about the numbers. It's so cool to say "more than 2.5 million users, more than 10K online daily users". It seems that this is one of those cases where quantity is more important than quality. And sorry but I don't do convoys. Even small ones are usually a magnet for trolls so I prefer to go solo, trying to keep away from the "Idiots on the road" well-known places. It's lonely, but I can drive on my own terms, relax and make my WoT deliveries with almost no issues, which is what I play this game for.

Well i said its slow for a car not for a truck and obviously most of the people on EU#1 drive with a truck not with a car 
and okay im sorry i forgot that speed limits on the highway exist
and well another problem is we would need 2 speed limits 1 for trucks and 2nd for cars which i don't think is doable at all
and still the trollers would be on the EU#1 so basically everything would be the same but the trollers would be on Eu#1 and not on #2 so it's not solving the problem at all because more moderation still will not change that much 

@The Rock And they would do the same thing as now, delete their accounts and create new ones to keep trolling. Besides, trolls should not be allowed to keep playing in any servers, period, that's why they need to be banned. They can evade their bans, that's true, but this is something that no one can fully avoid, so it's better to try and make it as difficult as possible for them to ruin other players' games. Right now, that can only be achieved with bans.

@Rugsveen_123 

That's why IT IS a problem, because many players (trolls) don't follow any rules and most players don't follow any real traffic rules, they just want to go full speed and who gives a **** about traffic signs, speed limits, traffic lights, priorities, driving on one lane instead of all over the road, etc. 

Banning by IP... I have right now ip address A.B.C.D Imagine that TMP bans that IP. I reset my router and 5 minutes later my IP address will be E.F.G.H. (in fact, I just did it and the new IP address looks nothing like the previous one, it isn't even in the same IP range, my ISP owns many networks and can assign IP randomly from any of them). Ban evaded. Or I start using my cell phone data plan (different ISP, different IP address). Or I install a VPN service to mask my IP. Now, imagine that TMP starts banning IP networks. Example: Player with IP address 1.2.3.4 is banned, so TMP bans all IP from 1.2.3.1 to 1.2.3.254 (a classic /24 IP range). They could be banning other players whose IP is in that same range and who did nothing to be banned. So IP bans is not a good idea...

• True Story 1

@Rugsveen_123 Well, I don't think that EU#2 is realistic at all right now. So why not make it a little less realistic, remove speed limits, remove collisions, players would be able to race, drive as fast as their vehicles can, avoid others if they want (driving through others, as I said in previous posts, is not required, just an option). And no worries about being rammed or ramming others, about being blocked or blocking others...

EU#4 is "freeroam" but has the same speed limits as EU#2. By turning EU#2 into a new EU#4 without speed limits, lots of players would be happy since all they want is to go at 170 Km/h in their trucks or 250 Km/h in their cars. EU#4 could be shut down or be left in the same terms as EU#2 (no speed limits) for overflow purposes in case EU#2 got full.

Players speeding is always a problem. Even with the current 150 Km/h speed limit, there are lots of players who use keyboard to control their trucks, lots of players with over 300 ms ping time, lots of players with low-end machines running the game with very low FPS count. The faster they go, the higher the chance to cause "accidents". I spent several months in EU#1 server, only recently decided to go back in EU#2 and it's still madness, not 1% of the players I've seen (and I've driven more than 50000 Km since I came back) are going by the speed limits, most of them go just full speed, using whatever lane they see best, cutting off, overtaking with no vissibility, in the middle of a turn, inside cities. Stop and yield signs, traffic lights, priorities have all become a joke, 99% of the players in EU#2 don't respect any of them, because... it would slow them down...

With no collisions, accidents would only exist with static elements (walls, fences, buildings, etc.) and only harm the speeding players, lag, low FPS, bad control over the vehicle would stop being an issue for other players around.

• True Story 1

There's no point, you already have the EU1 simulation server. Maybe add cars there if you want too.

EU2 is perfect at the moment, nothing should be changed to it.

You basically ask to ruin EU2 server just because you want a server that already exists!? No sense.

@FernandoCR [ESP]  You drove 50000km but i think you drove all those km on calais duisburg. That's just a 200km road of the entire map. Except that, anywhere you go on that huge map you rarely find someone not following the rule. Driving with 90km/h max at all times even on straight highways is boring enough, you can go on EU1 for that or activate your speed limiter in the game.

76561198016678105.png

^ This guy tries hard to think of an argument out of ignorance.

Come again...? One and only hellhole of the whole multiplayer community, next to no rule is complied with there except 10% players being tolerant to each other. Makes for ~500 players.

Driving with 90km/h max at all times even on straight highways is boring enough, you can go on EU1 for that or activate your speed limiter in the game.

God bless your (zero) understanding of simulation.Yep, you attempt to land a passenger aircraft in X-Plane with full engine speed, that is else boring. You drive a train in Dovetail's Train Simulator like a rail truck cause you can't stand waiting the oncoming locomotive to pass.

All you arcade racing folks, close the door on leaving. Seem disgusting by even trying to speak about a topic you aren't interested in.

As I guessed right few posts above: those who don't want the change will try to go with the methods of "switch servers" to spam the topic and let moderators lock it because, arcade players can't deal with proper simulation.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, RedBull108 said:

There's no point, you already have the EU1 simulation server. Maybe add cars there if you want too.

You basically ask to ruin EU2 server just because you want a server that already exists!? No sense.

@FernandoCR [ESP]  You drove 50000km but i think you drove all those km on calais duisburg. That's just a 200km road of the entire map. Except that, anywhere you go on that huge map you rarely find someone not following the rule. Driving with 90km/h max at all times even on straight highways is boring enough, you can go on EU1 for that or activate your speed limiter in the game.

EU#2 is perfect for trolls and idiots that don't care about anything other than having their "fun" even if it means ruining other players' fun.

Removing collisions from EU#2 is ruining it? Why? Why do you need to be able to collide with others? Is that what you enjoy doing in TMP?

Last time I drove on that road was like 2 months ago and in EU#1 server, so those 50000 Km where fully away from it, most of them even on DLC areas. And like I said, not 1% of the players I've seen was following the traffic rules. You say "You rarely find someone not following the rule". Which rule? The non-writen one that says "In EU#2 drive as fast as possible or be rammed"?

Not one single valid argument against my suggestion, sorry.