How has TruckersMP impacted your life?

Mirrland

As the name implies, this topic's purpose is to get a sense of how TruckersMP has impacted its players' lives.

You can write a reply, I'll start.

Spoiler

I officially joined the community on the 10th of March 2015, having discovered the mod from the NerdCubed's play through on YouTube.

At this point in-time, I was extremely anxious with everything - I couldn't maintain basic conversation etc.

From there, I joined my first VTC, Euro Truck Radio VTC (World Transport Logistics). Back in those days, everything was different - TeamSpeak was actively used within the VTC, rather than the present-day Discord.

Within ETR, I had gained skills in speaking of which I would not have been able to gain otherwise. Rather than typing, which is what I was used to, I slowly adapted to speaking.

This largely benefited me in the long-term as unlike what I was before, as now I can properly maintain a conversation, rather than just, anxious, one word answers.

And to that, I owe it to TruckersMP, TeamSpeak and Euro Truck Radio VTC.

Anyway, that's mainly how TruckersMP has impacted my life - How has it impacted yours?

Topic loosely inspired by Viva Trucking's recent showcase.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

How has TruckersMP impacted your life? :

For my part, i am a solo player (i started on TruckersMP 02 Jan 2017, few day after i did buy my new pc at that time... ), i was driving alone and having fun( Fun for me.. mean not getting ram and drive in high busy area :P ).. (because i drive slowly and at the speed limit most of the time and because i had little to none driving experience...) 

It took a year and few months to join a "VTC" (oct-2018) i joined [Viva Trucking]... while i was driving the skoda "car" and following slowly one of there actual member and we talk.. and he asked me if i wanted to join a "VTC" (i didnt even know what that mean a "VTC".. at that time.. XD )... and i wasnt sure if i wanted to be in... ( i have difficulty to make friend and i am a person that is shy and reserved. i dont talk alot ..) and i think about it few days and i submited an application and got accepted and since that moment, i participated in few events and i had alot of fun driving with few member and some TMP staffs.

Early days in VIVA was kinda special, because it a big VTC, other drivers salute you, and saying you hello and i was new, so it was suprising to see how [VIVA] was well knowed in that time and  since that moment i have approach other user of the forum and meet them in game and have a good time and got the chance to meet more Staff of TMP and having fun. 

In general i would say that i follow alot the rules of TMP ( because i dont want to be ban =.= .. and because it not worth it to break them..) i did learn alot of how EU road work ( but i am not perfect, i still make few mistakes ).. so yeah in a small resume " TMP " impacted alot my life and bring me some opportunity to get some friend and meet some users/players and having fun and few screenshot to share  .. 

Yes, TMP isnt perfect but i get fun when i play alone or with others drivers that how TMP impacted me..

[VIVA] Kehox

I really like simulator games.:love: I am fascinated by the functions, the game mode as it was created. Currently, I would highly recommend Euro Truck Simulator 2 as the American Truck Simulator.:truestory: I believe it will be difficult for any gaming development company to outdo SCS. What changed in my life was joining a VTC first when I started playing, and I made lots of friends, and over the years I decided to go to another VTC. Since then, I have formed more friends, friends who are in every corner of the world.:thisisfine:

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

Hello!

I love to play simulation game, especially in truck games. After trying the demo version of Ets2, I decided that the game was nice for me. Then I bought Ets2 and installed TMP. I joined Discord and the forum page. I've made new friends here, it's good to explore places to chat. I also developed my English and German language. This is a good thing. Thanks to TMP for providing such an opportunity.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

• 2 weeks later...

It has impacted my life in a way that I didn't expect before playing the game. Before I played it in the multiplayer mode it was a game, I played when I was bored. But after I discoverd TruckersMP it has become my favourite simulator. So now I try to drive with my friends as often as possible on the virtual roads of Europe and enjoy meeting new people. :)

I love having the ability to enjoy both simulators with others and share life stories with new friends. I have gained over 1500+ hours on ATSMP just because of the multiplayer. It has definitely been a great experience over the years and I have some of the greatest friends because of it.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Well i used to play this a lot as a SP game. I always felt it was very relaxing to play, just put on some music and drive. Back then i only had the base game on physhical copy. I then saw xsgtpepperx play this game on stream on TMP. Not knowing i could put my cd key into steam and get it on there, i re bought the game since i got like a 5-10 dollar deal for the Gold Bundle, just so i could play it on TMP.  So how has this changed my life? Well when ever i feel i had a long day or something and just need to relax i very often turn to this game. Even MP is relaxing when you drive the right areas. Then i decided to apply to become a moderator cause i simply loved the game and MP so much that i wanted to do something for the game and community. I got accepted and now i am a GM for the game. I spent a good deal of hours on this game every week, so it has taken a good chunk of my life. But i love it :)

TMP allowed me to open up my experiences with ETS & ATS. It also allowed me to work with great people who are really dedicated and inspired to change how ETS & ATS is experienced. In conclusion TMP gave me the opportunity to be one of the first IGATL's (GMTL's) I enjoyed every moment working with my team to dedicate our efforts in making the server a safer place for people wanting a relaxing drive. I feel we were able to achieve this and I'm greatly proud of my team for doing so and greatly honoured to have had the opportunity that I did. Who knows what the future holds for me personally with TMP but I wish the project itself continued success with it's new Management and it's great backing.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

Honestly, I think i could write a small book from my history. I first discovered that Euro Truck Simulator 2 had a multiplayer mod in early 2014 via a Twitch stream, I immediately went to the ets2mp link and signed up to try it for myself. 

As you can imagine things were different back then. A lot of the features, roles and support tools that the TruckersMP  team have now were almost non-existent back then. 

Every city was a non-collision area, and had an enforced speed limit. Europort and Rotterdam was the place to be, with constant 2 hour traffic jams going around the port, and the TMP team was still pretty fresh and learning. 

I guess I started to become a bit more known, from hanging in the teamspeak server ETS2MP had back then, with the likes of zmaster and other folks and then especially when I made the decision to join a radio station that was being creating. 

Know as the legendary and original EuroTruckRadio.com - there, I spent my most of my time driving with the radio team, and presenting on-air with a very simple setup. I had always been into radio, and done a few community stations before EuroTruckRadio.

Whilst in that station, i made many friends, and got very involved with events and the community surrounding the mod. I decided that it would be right for me to only involve myself more and give back to the community i'd had grown to enjoy and love. So I applied for the support role in the ETS2MP team, for which i was successful. I had the intentions of doing my best, especially since back then, to become an in-game admin you would need to work your way up. 

I was lucky enough to get as far as being promoted to Forum Mod, which then unfortunately through my own fault, became inactive from the role as real-life commitments limited my hours for both ETS2MP and EuroTruckRadio. 

However, i still kept going through and doing my best to stay active within the community, and within the radio scene. 

Late 2015, due to other circumstance, I decided it was right for me to leave EuroTruckRadio as the winds were changing, and with a couple of friends who decided it was right for them too, I decided to commit myself to making my own radio station which I could really run the way I thought would be best for our community. It was then in October 2015 we opened and put Truckers.FM on the air! - To save the long post. read about our history and an awesome article about us here: https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-01-30-the-truck-simulator-radio-stations-making-waves-in-the-real-world 

From then, we've grown to be TruckersMP's and the TruckSims choice of station for driving on ETS2 and ATS, and well... i couldn't be more proud. Not only to see how far my little station has become, but because of the non-stop support and time the Truckers.FM volunteer to make it what it is today. This station led onto fantastic things, including the awesome opportunity awesome to co-operate with SCS Software in some events and even supporting our anniversary event! It really was bliss. That entire time looking back led me to the decision which ultimately leads me where I am today.

Thanks to all the experience and skills and support i have learned from my time working and volunteering in ETS2MP/TruckersMP and TruckersFM I made the wild decision to apply for a position at SCS Software. Which I was absolutely over-the-moon as just out-right gobsmacked that I was accepted after several interviews including a video call.

The rest is history. I now work at SCS Software as a social media and community manager, to work and support the community I always have and do love. So thank you, every single one of you,  who I've come across on my journey, or driven. You've made this journey possible to where I am today, and I wouldn't have it any-other way. and that's the basic's of it... what a journey and how time flies! I would love to in the future do a more detailed post, but i'm not sure if anyone would ever read it :P 

TL:DR - i drive trucks since 2014, made a radio, got a job at scs. 

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

I had the original ETS (before I knew about Steam) then after years on playing it, I decided to get ETS2 on Steam and I found out about TruckersMP through a mate of mine who used to play it, since then I enjoy driving with other players around and meeting people.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

Where should i start?

I was playing singleplayer for  a long time, then I started watching Crash Compilations from https://www.youtube.com/user/Merceli88/. Yeah, that was awesome guy, don't know what happend with him.

So, I downloaded multiplayer mod and played... My first traffic jam was in Europort, when it was the most used place in the game. (2015-2016)

And then I spend 2000 hours in multiplayer and I still want to play this game and never stop.

Yeah, multiplayer affected my life alot.

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Archived