Bights/High Beams

RichManSCTV

Well, that's really pretty annoying but I understand why there're people who drive with lights when there's sunny weather for others. At first, that can be caused because of low graphics, when I was playing in my laptop I had very low graphics and everything was as dark there as I had to drive with lights. Second, that can be caused by WinterMod because it's pretty dark for me even on high graphics.

Of course, there're people who drive with lights without any reason but I guess we can't do anything with that. Maybe only kick for high beams during the day until 16:00 or something similar.

Quite frankly, I don't see any reason to have your headlights set to full beams in the middle of the day because there is no positive effect on driving to be had out of using full beams in the middle of the day, and neither should it be used in poor weather conditions because it only makes driving conditions worse. On that conclusion, I find users unnecessarily using high beams in inappropriate conditions to be quite concerning because they could potentially dazzle drivers, but it's not too concerning in this game though because the full beams are not as seriously bright as in real-life. 

By the way, I do drive with dipped headlights on 24/7 through Scandinavia and the Baltic regions to simulate the legal requirements of having to have your headlights on in those regions during the day, but I don't use the headlights in full-beam mode.

High beams should at least be dimmed if oncoming traffic approaches or if a vehicle drives ahead at a close distance.

I use my headlights 24/7 based on the motto "better safe than sorry", and high beams only occasionally and always considering the above recommendation.

Players that drive with high beams all the time do not bother me.

Yes, it is very annoying the beam of white light that appears inside your truck. But that bothers at night when it comes a behind and with the high lights. I follow the same positioning as the @[TAL Founder] BlackSkill.

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

3 minutes ago, ellZiF said:

as long as you're following the speed limits

Please allow me to :lol:

Most of the players who go all of the time with their 10-12 lamps on highbeam are the same ones who drive as fast as they can, no matter the road, no matter the traffic. If some people can't understand that switching off highbeams is just a token of respect towards other users of the road, what can we expect? That they will respect the speed limits? I drive by the speed limits and use my highbeams (I changed the "Brightness" setting, so at 10 p.m. it's pitch black on most open roads), but as soon as I see another vehicle approaching I change to regular headlights, same as I'd do IRL. There are players with lower-end machines, but there are also users with sight problems that can actually be hurt by a sudden light flash.

In the end, it's all about respect and common sense, but IMO that's something 90% of the playerbase are lacking of.

I actually do that. But only at night. WHen it is dark i turn on all lights and usually dont turn them off when people are coming since i dont really see the big problem. when people dose it to me it really dont create much light at me anyway so i wouldent think mine would be that big of an annoyance. So i usually dont turn them off.

i personally dont mind high beams although when its in the middle of the day then it can get annoying after a while, it completely blinds you which can cause multiple accidents and possibly get you punished, although the reason for the high beams on at night is simply because some people do not have that powerful of a pc meaning low settings cause the brightness to decrease.

Weather or time could be a factor but sometimes people seem to drive on with them all the time. It can be annoying sometimes indeed. When you need them, turn them on ofc. But I want to emphasis it could partly blind other drivers too. So only use them for their purpose, not for the show ^^

Hello There RichManSCTV,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived