Should Truckersmp disable the speedlimiter?

Alex_AAKO

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but the speed limiter is necessary to make sure that people can drive properly in the cities as well as out of them. It would be extremely dangerous for cruising at 180kph on the roads because I've almost had a guy round a corner crash into me at 150kph and we were going on opposing lanes to each other.

Lifting the speed limiters would encourage reckless driving, imagine what that would be like in the more populated cities. Most of them would be undriveable, imagine driving out of your garage and have someone crash into you at 180kph. instant 100% truck damage.

So no, thanks, speed limiters are there for a reason. Let's keep it that way. ;)

I think speed limit is necessary. After all, this game is a simulation truck, not a race game. 150KM/H is already a limit. For truck control, we need a better game experience. Maybe partitioning is a good idea.

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

150 km/h is already too fast if you ask me, I rarely get above 100 km/h, anything faster and you're just going to create accidents by not being able to control your truck. Especially since I have the truck physics set to be more realistic using console commands, if I went 150 km/h into a turn it would roll on it's side instantly.

As someone who has been around for a while, anything above 120 km/h is too fast already. Yesterday, driving to Sheffield in England I saw a driver zoom past me with a trailer. Down the road a couple of minutes later, I saw that he attempted to take the off ramp down to the motorway/highway that I also needed to take. He flew and tipped over onto the motorway. Potentially blocking traffic (luckily, 600 or so people were playing at that time on EU#2).

There needs to be some sort of speed limiter. Removing it would cause people to become reckless with no care what so ever to the people around them. It's not fun when you have to be extremely cautious around reckless drivers. We have enough issues already with people not knowing how to merge, read the signs of the road or acknowledge red lights. Giving them MOAR SPEED is bound to turn into a mad, mad world.

signature.png

Hello There

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived