Should Truckersmp disable the speedlimiter?

Alex_AAKO

Hello there,

In my eyes, the speed cap is fine. I don't want to be in the city hitting people that are flying past me when I pull out at a light. If anything, they should make the city centre slower and maybe out of the city could go a touch higher. 

This is my opinion, tell me what you think by reacting to this post ;)

Encrypted :)

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can try a higher speed in EU4.

:)

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

I feel like some cities deserve some lower speed limits too. Calais or Duisburg would do very well with 50km/h. Especially with the high amount of people.

There was a time where they didn't have a speedlimiter yet, however that was the time where scout cars used to go over the Calais-Duisburg road at like 200km/h. In my honest opinion, having the speedlimiter set at 150km/h is completely fine with me. It reduced the amount of accidents happening... which is a good thing.

So no, in my opinion, the speedlimiter should not be removed.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Speedlimiter should not be removed or lifted in my opinion. Why? Because ETS2 is a simulation game and not a car racing game even if some people seem to not understand this with their style of driving :P .

To reduce the speed toi 80 km/h in cities was the best decision that could have been made. Go on like this ;)

Yes i think the speed limiter should be removed, because it's a simulation game, and if i want to try out the strenght off my engine on a straight and safe road where i am safe to, i should be allowed so. If i make harm towards my surroundings i should be punished for it. Just because others cant controll themselves dosent mean i should be limited.

If anyone breaks he rules, they should get punished for it, ans for those who not, and stay in their lane, no i don't think so.

Theres nothing more unrealistic and un-simulating than when the engine stalls and dies on Rpm and sound becauae off a invisible magical force that dosen't let you accelerate nor handle the truck as you wish, because you are limited to 80kmh in the cities, when you just want to ger out off there. 

And if others can't respect others trafficants by not obeying to the rules then that will have consequences, just as in real life. 

In real life people also slow down almost to a halt to check both sides maybe even twice before crossing the road. Here it's more like "meh i know noones coming anyways since the speed is limited" so yeah nice simulation...

And for those who wanna tunnelvision 90km/h and drive like a grandmother because they cant drive properly and keep themselves in the lane in speeds above 90 , there should be a Europe sever nr 9. Or so so they dont get scared and traumatised when someone passes then on a highway.

And for us who wants to be free souls and not slaves to rules restricting us by others can go on with our day, thats whats so great about ets2, the freedom and simulation, and to mixture that with multiplayer is pure heaven and bliss , but now its a wishy washy in between mix because off rule breakers and traumatised people. 

2 hours ago, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

Yes i think the speed limiter should be removed, because it's a simulation game

You want the speed limiter removed because it's a simulation game...about trucks which in real life, are legally required to be physically limited to 90 km/h (56 mph).

Theres nothing more unrealistic and un-simulating than when the engine stalls and dies on Rpm and sound becauae off a invisible magical force that dosen't let you accelerate

What you just described as being "unrealistic" is exactly what a speed limiter in a truck does; it stops the engine producing any further speed after a set point.

And for those who wanna tunnelvision 90km/h and drive like a grandmother because they cant drive properly and keep themselves in the lane in speeds above 90

So hang on. One minute you're claiming it should be removed because it's a simulation game...but then you're mocking people like me who drive it like a simulation.

I'm sorry, but I'm really struggling to understand all this.

1 hour ago, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

Yes i think the speed limiter should be removed, because it's a simulation game, and if i want to try out the strenght off my engine on a straight and safe road where i am safe to, i should be allowed so.

If this would be a racing simulation, I would agree. However, it is not.

Theres nothing more unrealistic and un-simulating than when the engine stalls and dies on Rpm and sound becauae off a invisible magical force that dosen't let you accelerate nor handle the truck as you wish, because you are limited to 80kmh in the cities, when you just want to ger out off there.

I agree that 80kph in built-up areas is unrealistic. Because in real life you are mostly limited to 50 kph or even less in built-up areas.

In real life people also slow down almost to a halt to check both sides maybe even twice before crossing the road. Here it's more like "meh i know noones coming anyways since the speed is limited" so yeah nice simulation...

If you disabled the feature that shows other road traffic participants on your GPS map, you would be well advised to also slow down or even come to a stop to avoid causing an accident.

And for those who wanna tunnelvision 90km/h and drive like a grandmother because they cant drive properly and keep themselves in the lane in speeds above 90 , there should be a Europe sever nr 9. Or so so they dont get scared and traumatised when someone passes then on a highway.

I would like to remind you that the reduced maximum speed limit was introduced by the TruckersMP team due to the high amount of accidents caused by players driving at excessive speed.

So the problem are obviously not the players that drive at reasonable speed. Those players also do not get scared or traumatized, they just get annoyed by players that mistake this simulator with a racing game or destruction derby.

2 hours ago, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

And for us who wants to be free souls and not slaves to rules restricting us by others can go on with our day, thats whats so great about ets2, the freedom and simulation, and to mixture that with multiplayer is pure heaven and bliss , but now its a wishy washy in between mix because off rule breakers and traumatised people. 

You agreed to follow the rules when you joined the multiplayer, so according to your logic that makes you a slave too.

Simulation is not a restriction of freedom, it is a simplified reproduction of reality. And in reality, there are also rules to follow.

I hope this helps you to clear your blurry idea of a simulation.

17 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

If this would be a racing simulation, I would agree. However, it is not.

I agree that 80kph in built-up areas is unrealistic. Because in real life you are mostly limited to 50 kph or even less in built-up areas.

If you disabled the feature that shows other road traffic participants on your GPS map, you would be well advised to also slow down or even come to a stop to avoid causing an accident.

I would like to remind you that the reduced maximum speed limit was introduced by the TruckersMP team due to the high amount of accidents caused by players driving at excessive speed.

So the problem are obviously not the players that drive at reasonable speed. Those players also do not get scared or traumatized, they just get annoyed by players that mistake this simulator with a racing game or destruction derby.

You agreed to follow the rules when you joined the multiplayer, so according to your logic that makes you a slave too.

Simulation is not a restriction of freedom, it is a simplified reproduction of reality. And in reality, there are also rules to follow.

I hope this helps you to clear your blurry idea of a simulation.

I made the comment on what I think ,accept that.

I don't care about your interpitation off it, and please don't try to convince me with you're quotes, I won't change my mind.

Everyone is allowed to have a opinion, (you too) the topic is created because people wants to know what people think about the topic, not too see someone argue and try to force their belief on others. Its just annoying to read the same thing allover again and it takes up unnecessary space, respect others.

If you don't understand why I wrote what I wrote read it twice.

I'm quite sure I speak good enough English.

6 minutes ago, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

I don't care about your interpitation off it, and please don't try to convince me with you're quotes, I won't change my mind.

In case you have not noticed yet, I would like to point out that this is a forum to exchange ideas, opinions and to have lively discussions. Your thoughts are welcome, and nobody is trying to change your mind.

If you however do not want others to comment on your input, I suggest you start writing a diary.

9 minutes ago, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

Everyone is allowed to have a opinion, (you too) the topic is created because people wants to know what people think about the topic, not too see someone argue and try to force their belief on others. Its just annoying to read the same thing allover again and it takes up space, respect others.

You are entitled to your opinion, and it's good that you've put it forward. The problem I have is that you're wanting the speed limit removed because it's a simulation game, which wouldn't be an issue of it wasn't for the fact that this game is Euro Truck Simulator 2. As I already pointed out, all trucks in the EU are legally obliged to be fitted with a limiting device set to 90 km/h (56 mph); so actually, ETS2MP already technically breaks that simulation apart from EU1. You want it to be more "simulated", and yet your desire to have the speed limit removed is completely unrealistic because even cars can't just go as fast as they want in real life Europe.

My opinion on this is short and simple.

I think the opposite, they shouldn't remove it. They should lower it from 150km/h to 100km/h.

EU2 is a mess and EU3 is becoming one. I think it maybe will remind players that ETS is a simulator game, not a racing game or GTA V with trucks and Skodas only. If you really feel the need to drive super fast, come play on ATSMP. In Nevada, you're allowed to drive 80mph (128km/h)!

On 2/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

Yes i think the speed limiter should be removed, because it's a simulation game, and if i want to try out the strenght off my engine on a straight and safe road where i am safe to, i should be allowed so. If i make harm towards my surroundings i should be punished for it. Just because others cant controll themselves dosent mean i should be limited.

The rules you agreed to when joining also state that you will follow all posted in-game road rules.  You can't complain that it's not a simulation when you want to do something that is completely unrealistic to begin with.

And if others can't respect others trafficants by not obeying to the rules then that will have consequences, just as in real life. 

There's nothing more unrealistic and un-simulating than having impatient little kids trying to treat this game like Need for Speed.  Drive the speed limit or go play another game.  You are not the kind of player the game is for.

I exclusively drive World of Truck contract jobs so I'm limited by the actual game to 90 KPH.  Once again, I'll repeat my above statement.  Go play a different game if you want to speed.  It's not up to me to make sure that you can speed and I love getting you kids banned when you inevitably wreck when trying to pass.  No one thinks you're a good driver just because you can speed at 150 kph, it's actually the opposite.  Most of us will think you're nothing but a joke that can't play the game properly.

Go away and play something else.  Since your reading comprehension clearly needs work: You agreed to follow driving laws, You don't follow driving laws, You get mad at others following driving laws, You're the one in the wrong.  Single player exists for your freedom, multiplayer does not.  If you can't drive without causing someone else an issue, you don't belong here.

It's not a matter of "interpretation", you agreed to a set list of rules and now you don't want to follow them.  You're the type of player most of us want banned.  The one that doesn't care about the community or anyone else on the road, you're the person that is so self-obsessed that you'd speed into someone causing a crash and would probably rage at the other person while denying all of your fault in the collision. 

Archived