Should Truckersmp disable the speedlimiter?

Alex_AAKO

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savage. said:

I think the speed limiter should stay enabled, it was put there for a reason. The game is not a racing game and trucks aren't suppose to go that fast anyways. 

But they can, i miss going 100+ mp /h & honestly imo the limiter hasn't done anything at all. EU1 is there for the hardcore simulation brigade! It doesn't matter where they set the speed limit, people will find a way to grief like i dunno the physics mod " oh we cant go fast anymore, oh well we will just drift into people :troll:" or drive head on at people then scream rec at them when we hit them 

I think Removing speed limit will cause more issues also  everyone knows that 150 is limit but we still see  reckless drivers by purpose  and it should be removed only for long distance cargo delivery.

Only question I have is this; why?

150 km/h (93 mph) is more than fast enough, if not perhaps a little too fast. I wouldn't see an issue with it being removed from EU4, but definitely not EU2. EU2 is chaotic enough as it is without allowing people to race around like lunatics at 100+ mph. All that would happen is that crashes would become far more frequent and also far more serious. If you want to play a game that allows you to drive super fast everywhere, might I suggest something like Forza Horizon 4?

The speed limit was not used on servers in the past, and therefore caused a lot of traffic accidents from excessive speed. And that's not the whole problem. Extreme speed makes the control of the truck difficult to control after a little distraction may cause the truck to overturn. Also this is not an NFS game, this is a truck simulation.

Setting the speed limit of 150 km/h caused some troll drivers to be reduced. But, of course, those who want to disturb people still do what they know and continues to be punished.

Lastly, I don't think the speed limits on the servers will be removed, for a safer ride.

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

I rally dont think we should remove any speed limits. I actually think we should set them down further. I would go as far as setting everything to at least 130kmh or even 100kmh. Since most highways in europe have a speed limit of 120kmh-130kmh for cars, i think that would be more right. But i could even go down to like 100kmh. I am sure it would be much safer. And it would make less web reports i am sure :)

I played in EU #2 before this limit was introduced. It was total madness, like much worser than now.

Trucks weren't much of a problem, because they can't go much faster than the speed limit. The maximum i managed to reach was like 170 kph without trailer. Cars, on the other side, were really out of control. I remember i once managed to reach around 330 kph in that long straight highway between Amsterdam and Germany. Basically, at that point i wasn't driving, the car was driving me instead.

Now with the speed limiter, there are still a lot of trolls, but since they can't go so freaking fast they do less damage. Also, cars now have better handling so 150 kph is way more manageable.

So no, the speed limit should not be removed. Altough i don't know why it's still present in EU #4 where the only thing you can crash is the scenery, which does not care about accidents.

Absolutely they should remove speed limit of 80km/h at cities area.. its a complete joke.. Half of the time you not even in a city or around it yet you still triggering speed litmit somehow.. Its either should be removes or improved as for now its just a mess.

Also speed limit of 150km/h is also kinda lame, i remember used to play before it was introduced. Now you barely can overtake or even see other drives on the road driving your direction as everybody drives same speed so it gives you an impression of driving/playing alone as you cant catch up nor others can catch up with you.
On the other hand speed limit maybe little helps when you around DC area, but since i do play DLC roads almost exlusively speed limit is more or less useless as it makes you drive slow and feel alone.

4 hours ago, Kwajus said:

Absolutely they should remove speed limit of 80km/h at cities area.. its a complete joke.. Half of the time you not even in a city or around it yet you still triggering speed litmit somehow.. Its either should be removes or improved as for now its just a mess.

Also speed limit of 150km/h is also kinda lame, i remember used to play before it was introduced. Now you barely can overtake or even see other drives on the road driving your direction as everybody drives same speed so it gives you an impression of driving/playing alone as you cant catch up nor others can catch up with you.
On the other hand speed limit maybe little helps when you around DC area, but since i do play DLC roads almost exlusively speed limit is more or less useless as it makes you drive slow and feel alone.

80 km/h is roughly 49 mph, which is already higher than most speed limits in urban areas in Europe. 150 km/h is roughly 93 mph, which is also higher than most speed limits on roads including motorways in Europe. I don't see what your problem is; this is a simulator and not a racing game. The speed limits in the game are already greater than 99% of speed limits in real life Europe as it is. And when you factor in that 56 mph (90 km/h) is the default speed limit for trucks across Europe, you've already got it pretty good on ETS2MP.

What I would agree on is that some of the city limit areas need to be fine tuned so they're not catching players in ridiculous places, but for the most part it's not an issue.

Now you barely can overtake or even see other drives on the road driving your direction as everybody drives same speed so it gives you an impression of driving/playing alone as you cant catch up nor others can catch up with you.

Firstly, this isn't a "problem" as I can drive at 70mph (112 km/h) in the car and still come across other players going in my direction. If you removed the speed limit, everyone else would be going much faster and thus you'd end up facing the same thing as you are now.

I mean yes, i understand where you coming from, i would also agree on your points. But personally me i do not luck at the game as simulator. I do look at it as fun way to spend some spare time while playing video game since i used to drive trucks meself. Thats why im against speed limit (im not saying that you have to RACE), it would just make more diversety on the roads.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:51 AM, Kwajus said:

But personally me i do not luck at the game as simulator. I do look at it as fun way to spend some spare time while playing video game since i used to drive trucks meself. 

While there is nothing wrong with playing the game to have fun, there is a problem when the majority of drivers are incapable of driving without causing an accident.  Your fun (generalized, not you specifically) goes right out the window when other people are being effected by it, and that is why we currently have a limiter.  Too many drivers are speeding and causing issues for others, so the admins have had to drop the limit down.  If you guys have a problem with the limit, don't bitch at us for wanting to drive realistically, bitch at the trolls that can't go 5 minutes without crashing into multiple players, since they are the reason behind the limiter.

Personally I feel like the speed limiter should be raised to 175 kph on EU3, I wouldn't recommend putting it on EU2 because that would create so much more chaos on the CD road and the surrounding areas which is already a mess, but the people on EU3 don't seem to be as rush and more chill. I also feel like the speed limiter should be disabled completely on EU4, but TMP staff doesn't think so as when I made a suggestion for that it got shut down within 1 hour.

Archived