Should Truckersmp disable the speedlimiter?

Alex_AAKO

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would understand if people ask TMP Staff to remove speed limit on EU3 or on EU4, but I don't understand why players want not to have speed limit 80km/h in cities and 150km/h outside on EU2, that server is just full of trollers, rammers and people who just want to have fun, so especially players who drive with Skoda on high speed cause most of crashes as they lose control and then there're traffic jams. 

I think that it would be great to have speed limit 120km/h on Calais - Duisburg route, that could kill the popularity of this road and even if not, there would be less crashes because of people who drive fast. 

my opinion is this. 50 mph in cities is still to fast, and 93 mph every where else still to fast. the city speed should be 30 mph and highway speed should be no more then 65 to 70 mph. complaining that it is what TMP has set it at is stupid. if you don't like it, go play NFS, GTA or if it has to be ETS/ATS go play SP. if you want to play MP learn to live with the limit set by the devs.

I think that will be better to disable the speed limit outside the city's but only for cars because sometimes when i want to drive really fast i get the car (Skoda) because it's unreal to drive with more than 110 with truck i mean.. i can't believe that an truck can reach even 130km/h in real life so scs should fix that but thats other topic for me the better way to add a speed limit is for trucks because those guys who have buyed an Skoda they probably want to drive fast so they should remove the speed limit for them  

I'll say it from a person who has dealt with players from a Moderating perspective. The speed limiter really does make GM's lives easier. We don't need to really hang around in cities as much any more and that allows for more time on the reports. It also means our reports are more serious offences in cities rather than accidental knocks puling into a company. When you think about it the limiter maybe frustrating to you (the players who abide by road rules) however for the people that have no care on the road it's a really useful feature and shows that they need to go on the suitable server if they want to drive like Need for Speed.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

@Erik0301

yes trucks IRL can reach and maintain 80 mph, it takes them a good while to get there, but they can do it. as for your suggestion to remove the limiter from the cars. that isn't a very good Idea and for the games purpose, the car is a reskinned truck.

as for what @Joao Rodrigues has suggested, for a 50 mph speed limit on small country 2 lane highways and 30 mph in cities. that is a +1 from me

My opinion: Servers should be changed to something like this

EU#1 - Speed limits 50/90 Km/h for all vehicles, cars allowed, 4000 slots

EU#2 - No speed limits, no-collision, 4000 slots.

EU#3 and EU#4 removed, since they would make no sense anymore.

Players who care about simulation would have EU#1, players who don't would have EU#2. Trolls would have almost nothing to do, since the speed limits in EU#1 would make them almost useless and the no-collision in EU#2 would make them completely useless.

Game moderators could focus in EU#1, so the few trolls there would be dealt with a lot quicker and EU#2 would need almost no moderation.

I know that this will never happen. But dreaming is for free.

I think they should make a special server where you can drive faster than 150 Km/h. But on Eu2 it does not bother me. (It's also a simulator and not a racing game.)

removing the speed limiter would just make things more chaotic and harder to deal with, seeing people flying through small city streets looks funny and all until you get rammed into by someone speeding through a 30 - 40km/h zone... maybe on a realistic server once that comes out if it does, then it would make sense, but on servers like EU1, 2 it just wouldnt work, taking the server traffic into account.

Speed limits keep things in place. Just try to imagne a Skoda going about 200 km/h on c-d road. That would mean complete chaos. I really like the speed limit within the city limits. I feel like this is a huge improvement. People shouldn't be speeding in a possible busy area. Besides that, I don't see someone drive 130km/h in a city center either. That would be completly unrealistic.

Talking about the speed limit outside city limits... I feel that this is the main issue we all talk about. Let's compare the Calais - Brussels - Duisburg area. Even on its highways it can be busy. But if you compare that to areas like Milan or Bratislava... it is a lot calmer. There would be more support for removing the 150 limit in those areas. Personally I feel a little mixed about this. I would see possibilities for the average TMP player. Too bad there is an amount of people breaking rules and trying to make this a race-ram game. Zombiez did a suggestion, maybe that could be meaningful for the future of this topic.

Archived