Last remnants of once a good place

Zakxaev68

I've been here for a few years now and TMP is not going downhill, things have changed a bit but its still great. A game like this is going to attract trolls, its a part of any multiplayer game like that but this is why we have the rules and report system in place.

EU2 is the most popular server and attracts both simulation style players who play for full realism and others who play for less realism, speeding and going through red lights etc but also trolls, trolls play to ruin other peoples games at all speeds. Game Moderators do their best but we cannot be everywhere which is why you can report people and record and report on the website.

There are other servers you can use, EU1 for simulation and EU3, EU3 is a great server for convoys, I've attended convoys by VTC's on EU3 for years and mostly without issues or trolls. Accidents can also happen, no one is perfect and everyone can make mistakes, some which might get you banned or other times where its just a minor mistake. 

Sometimes you can have a bad day getting hit by trolls while other days you won't get hit at all, don't let some bad experiences ruin the game. 

Its a big map and 4 servers so plenty of places and servers to play on.

Someone mentioned about closing C-D road, that would not work , it would move to some other road, like it used to be Europort, there will always be one really busy road in MP.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

With all due respect, but the course of this discussion raises my suspicion that the TruckersMP team either fails to understand its content or does not want to deal with the underlying problem.

Your repeated recommendation to play on another server will neither make trolls disappear nor change reckless players behaviors.
Many users have already provided possible solutions that are well worth to put into practise to find out their results.
And I invite everybody to create a suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum.

I hope we can all agree on that leaving the problem unattended will not solve it.

Suggesting to goto other servers isn't a way to say we don't want to deal with the problem its just a suggestion

EU1 is a simulation server where you will find more players playing for full simulation and less troll usually, this might suit some people and is an option for some realistic simulation players who be be tired of the more busier EU2.

EU3 a 150km/h limited server like EU2 but with no cars is a great server to use if you have a big convoy as its a bit quieter, it still has its share of trolls but its also another option for people to goto 

Even on EU2 in all the map DLC's its gernally quieter so you can enjoy those ares usually without having too many issues with trolls. 

The one area you will 100% encounter trolls is C-D and surrounding areas, Germany as a whole seems to be the busiest place where its a very likely chance you will encounter trolls.

The problem of trolls is something that has always been here and always will be, there is no way to fully solve it because trolls like to ruin peoples gameplay, blocking the roads, ramming etc which they will do no matter what the speed limit or what server they use, you do get trolls on EU1 sometimes.

To deal with these trolls we ban them, again and again until they get perma banned and players report them, in game reports won't always get looked at but if you can record and then report on the website the report will defiantly always get looked at.

I would say to everyone to try not to let the trolls get to you or ruin the game for you, sometimes you can have a bad day with trolls while other days you will see none so try not to let some bad experiences in MP ruin multiplayer for you because mostly MP is a good community with plenty of nice people :):wub:

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@Joao Rodrigues Have you looked at the ratio for game mods to players, there just over a hundred people who have the power to do anything about the "trolls" and there are on average 9000 to 10000 users on the game every day. The staff can only do so much for the issue, think about that for a bit. The other thing is every staff member is here because they want to be not because someone is making them, they have lives outside of this like the rest of us.

@Lego181,

the ratio of game moderators to players is irrelevant, because the fundamental problem can not be solved by simply increasing the numbers of game moderators.
Also, the intention of this topic is not to accuse staff members of not taking their responsibilities. It is about making them aware of an area that (still) requires their attention.
Please read the posts made by @Zakxaev68, @Vellaco [ESP] and @FernandoCR [ESP] to understand what sustainable solutions could be put into practise.

@|BoB| If you have nothing to say on the matter of how the game can become less of a nightmare, please refrain from posting, as you can do elsewhere and express your sentiments/support.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@Lego181,
the ratio of game moderators to players is irrelevant, because the fundamental problem can not be solved by simply increasing the numbers of game moderators.

Cheers Joao for making the obvious - obvious. Like it isn't already.

More moderators would mean a faked try to contain the trolls. Easiest "solution" of all.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 2/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, Zakxaev68 said:

What does TruckersMP constitute to the whole team behind this mod? Let me ask you that, first and foremost - you have it wrong currently, the whole statement of the community managers representing the whole TMP fanbase this is thought to be, a "fanbase" destroying itself like a dying tree eager to have some rain pour at the soil to feed it.

Today I had a call by few members of the Virtual trucking company I am in, free day for me so I was, "I am game".  We discussed the route, picked up our trailers, loaded our cargoes... BUT then, the question came: would we have the fun factor doing it across a trip spanning 1000 kms from Northern Europe to Central UK.

Guess what?

Halfway, after struggling to maintain our convoy structure and drive with safety in mind - fun comes from the safe driving, multiple fatal crashes caused by "drivers" that violated all of the official rules, they AGREED to while applying for a registration, knowingly, aware if rule is violated, they will get a warning and permanent prohibition from playing (so called "banning"), and being totaled ten times the amounts you can expect the AI traffic in singleplayer to do,

I went ahead and sweared to myself, I would never, ever, again, in any circumstances, be part of this mastermind of a troll machine, aimed at ruining a game they can, because they are given the power and reasons to do so.

This is the moment where the discussion that never happened between developers /or it was, then neglected for god knows what purpose/ takes place between the players themselves.

At this time, according to the in-game server browser data, about 2300 people have populated the second server. Happens to be the most filled server on week days and weekends it goes up to 4300, the maximum capacity.Seeing that server taken out by the "outlaws" is pretty worrying. What are outlaws? Select group of human and not so human beings doing things differently than are supposed to do, in a social meaning. If you belong to a social world and want people to treat you with good will and help you in need, you show them the same and expect it in return.

Unlike in the debatable situation. You have rules - except those are never taken seriously by players, to ensure loyalty between them - rules are to teach loyalty/respect/honesty/safety.

Okay, this is the last piece of the problem, leave it for the end.The biggest problem being game moderators let it go out of control. And it does to a point it leaves a bad mark on everyone else involved in "TruckersMP going forward (BACKWARDS)", including but not limited to community managers, video editors, backend developers, coordinators, core programemrs - bad name for everyone.

A hefty piece of that problem, is taking out existing feature, officially added into the game - speedlimiter. Having to know where did SCS Soft came from, as a "garage developer", played every single one of their games, from Hunting Unlimited to American Truck Simulator (2001/2016) I can't understand but believe what did the aim was for tinkering with OFFICIAL features.

My opinion:

Make it attractive to the less involved into the simulation players, e.g. casual portion of the players. Here, "casual" stands for "less smooth comfort, more ridiculous fun". That one word represends 4300 guys ('people'). Taking out a design point originally created by, say, hundred people taking time to make everything work around that, the roads, the traffic offences mechanic, the delivery generation process - all connected. When you take out a pin, the train won't keep moving, it will derail.

The derailing happened, and what's broken goes to stay broken.

In less metaphorical way of speaking. YOU, the responsible ones for it, on your own, by one wrong decision to not consult the general public, re-designed the supported 2 titles from a most known relaxing games to the competent players, to a derby racing mashup.

I have my own views on why would you take that step on the edge of the cliff. Too obvious that many of you would figure out in a sec.

I am not asking for a favor, a quick solution, swift damage control to cover it up. None of it. This is a mod for a paid game, making it 50% paid, logically. We can do or not do without it, support it or not, our righteous way of choice.

BUT... to lean on the back of the enemy, thinking you would be let go by the supremes of theirs, is as bad step as anything.

I joined TMP 3 months ago, came across inexplanable situations, saw the messiest mess, drove responsibly, gave turn signals on every traffic light and used hazards in moments they are used for, even gave WAY to those who rammed me, to keep having fun for myself. At first I didn't want to do multiplayer - I remember RootKiller's announcement on the very start. I kept my doubts until 3 months ago, don't ask me why I did join - can't remember anymore. I think I felt interested in what VTCs are.

With that said, the short "review" I did of why this mod goes downhill, I am done sick taking part in the massive act of killing what remains of that mod, called "Europe #2"

Done. Finished.

P.S. In case of this topic being deleted because it doesn't fit someone, I have a screencap of the date/time of posting and the whole page.

--------------------

09 Feb 2019:

Did a short poll. Weigh in, please. Let's see how much people tend to care about TMP becoming better or worse place in general.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17396213

First and foremost, you need to realise how many kids are playing the game. Secondly, in most if not all online communities there are people that one way or the other break the rules. Thirdly, since the playerbase in the truckersmp servers is going upwards, the situation is not going to get any better at least in the #EU2 server. And that's exactly the reason why there are more than one servers. If you like to get on the road and not experience anything out of the ordinary then i think you're on the wrong server. On one hand you wanna drive along with plenty of players, but the minute that someone does something unexpected you get on the forums and start complaining about how this mod is going downhill.  Personally, i've expressed my opinion plenty of times on this forum. The only players that bother me on #EU2 are those who deliberately want to harm you and those who overtake in huge traffic lines. I'm totally fine with high-speeds and reckless driving as long as it's done within the "normal" limits. I don't mind overtaking on the C-D road. I get that there are impatient drivers who are faster than me and i won't mind giving them some space for an overtake. 

Now concerning the speed limit. First of all, the truckersmp forum has mostly cautious players that enjoy driving under the speed limit so that straw poll will be massively in favor of preserving or even extending the speed limit. No surprise there. If you also make a straw poll on #EU2 about removing the speed limit, it will be also massively in favor of removing it. In my opinion, the speed limit is stupid. It was implemented to improve the quality of life of a single area in the game, but in the meantime it killed every other area in the game. Personally I used to like to drive a lot in Scandinavia by car or by truck (Bergen to Kiel etc). I enjoyed reaching the maximum speed of my truck or car and test my limits. Now the once greatest area in the game is a ghost place. Out of curiosity, I went up there yesterday, drove up and down the entire place 4 times. There are way too few players that drive there nowadays so i won't bother visiting again. Also, the double trailers feature is now allowed to north-Germany so why even bother going so far.  There was a time that Bergen to Oslo used to be a popular road that was fun to drive. Now that time has come and gone. Nowadays, the Baltic States are flourishing with players. It's a question of how long though. How long until the players start coming back to C-D road and leave the Baltic States like they did with Scandinavia. Don't rely on my word though. You can take a look on your own. Join http://ets2map.com and watch live how the players are spread on the map.

The reason why players like to drive on the C-D road can be summed up in one word: interaction. Right now, no other area can offer this, and that's why most of the players will always come back to the C-D road. And that's why the speed limit is stupid. 150 km/h hasn't reduced accidents in the C-D road and even if you put the speed limit on 90 km/h it won't either. Players will still overtake and troll. But it killed the remote areas of the game, cause people nowadays only drive there with convoys or VTCs. Cause when the rules withhold your truck's power, you have no reason  at all to drive in an empty area all by yourself.

Next time work on formatting the text in readable form, please. Hurts the eyes to read big blocks of text.

Regarding my take on the mod: I've own way of seeing things and forums are proper way of expressing those feelings, whether positive or negative.

Thanks for sharing your point of view.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hello There Zakxaev68,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived