Last remnants of once a good place

Zakxaev68

What does TruckersMP constitute to the whole team behind this mod? Let me ask you that, first and foremost - you have it wrong currently, the whole statement of the community managers representing the whole TMP fanbase this is thought to be, a "fanbase" destroying itself like a dying tree eager to have some rain pour at the soil to feed it.

Today I had a call by few members of the Virtual trucking company I am in, free day for me so I was, "I am game".  We discussed the route, picked up our trailers, loaded our cargoes... BUT then, the question came: would we have the fun factor doing it across a trip spanning 1000 kms from Northern Europe to Central UK.

Guess what?

Halfway, after struggling to maintain our convoy structure and drive with safety in mind - fun comes from the safe driving, multiple fatal crashes caused by "drivers" that violated all of the official rules, they AGREED to while applying for a registration, knowingly, aware if rule is violated, they will get a warning and permanent prohibition from playing (so called "banning"), and being totaled ten times the amounts you can expect the AI traffic in singleplayer to do,

I went ahead and sweared to myself, I would never, ever, again, in any circumstances, be part of this mastermind of a troll machine, aimed at ruining a game they can, because they are given the power and reasons to do so.

This is the moment where the discussion that never happened between developers /or it was, then neglected for god knows what purpose/ takes place between the players themselves.

At this time, according to the in-game server browser data, about 2300 people have populated the second server. Happens to be the most filled server on week days and weekends it goes up to 4300, the maximum capacity.Seeing that server taken out by the "outlaws" is pretty worrying. What are outlaws? Select group of human and not so human beings doing things differently than are supposed to do, in a social meaning. If you belong to a social world and want people to treat you with good will and help you in need, you show them the same and expect it in return.

Unlike in the debatable situation. You have rules - except those are never taken seriously by players, to ensure loyalty between them - rules are to teach loyalty/respect/honesty/safety.

Okay, this is the last piece of the problem, leave it for the end.The biggest problem being game moderators let it go out of control. And it does to a point it leaves a bad mark on everyone else involved in "TruckersMP going forward (BACKWARDS)", including but not limited to community managers, video editors, backend developers, coordinators, core programemrs - bad name for everyone.

A hefty piece of that problem, is taking out existing feature, officially added into the game - speedlimiter. Having to know where did SCS Soft came from, as a "garage developer", played every single one of their games, from Hunting Unlimited to American Truck Simulator (2001/2016) I can't understand but believe what did the aim was for tinkering with OFFICIAL features.

My opinion:

Make it attractive to the less involved into the simulation players, e.g. casual portion of the players. Here, "casual" stands for "less smooth comfort, more ridiculous fun". That one word represends 4300 guys ('people'). Taking out a design point originally created by, say, hundred people taking time to make everything work around that, the roads, the traffic offences mechanic, the delivery generation process - all connected. When you take out a pin, the train won't keep moving, it will derail.

The derailing happened, and what's broken goes to stay broken.

In less metaphorical way of speaking. YOU, the responsible ones for it, on your own, by one wrong decision to not consult the general public, re-designed the supported 2 titles from a most known relaxing games to the competent players, to a derby racing mashup.

I have my own views on why would you take that step on the edge of the cliff. Too obvious that many of you would figure out in a sec.

I am not asking for a favor, a quick solution, swift damage control to cover it up. None of it. This is a mod for a paid game, making it 50% paid, logically. We can do or not do without it, support it or not, our righteous way of choice.

BUT... to lean on the back of the enemy, thinking you would be let go by the supremes of theirs, is as bad step as anything.

I joined TMP 3 months ago, came across inexplanable situations, saw the messiest mess, drove responsibly, gave turn signals on every traffic light and used hazards in moments they are used for, even gave WAY to those who rammed me, to keep having fun for myself. At first I didn't want to do multiplayer - I remember RootKiller's announcement on the very start. I kept my doubts until 3 months ago, don't ask me why I did join - can't remember anymore. I think I felt interested in what VTCs are.

With that said, the short "review" I did of why this mod goes downhill, I am done sick taking part in the massive act of killing what remains of that mod, called "Europe #2"

Done. Finished.

P.S. In case of this topic being deleted because it doesn't fit someone, I have a screencap of the date/time of posting and the whole page.

--------------------

09 Feb 2019:

Did a short poll. Weigh in, please. Let's see how much people tend to care about TMP becoming better or worse place in general.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17396213

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

You can always play on another server.

EU1 is more of a simulation server for people such as yourself who want to take it seriously. EU2 is just the most popular server and there is nothing that can be done about that.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

You are wrong and that's watching over your shoulder, El1teZombiezHD. If you really well read my comment, you'd realized what is the general consensus to most of EU1/3 players: speedlimiter should be kept in tact on all accessible, public servers, event servers as well. It is a general mechanic. While optional to turn it off in the settings, for singleplayer, making it so breaks the whole chain - AI starts blocking the road because you do things it wasn't programmed for, most obvious example I can give you... Self-explanatory.

Now imagine it with real players. One starts speeding, the other crashes and everyone in behind add to the crash. Then, until the traffic goes normally, more players start to come and crash. And it keeps on forever.

Um, do you go outdoors naked, travel naked in the bus to work? You don't right? It would make you disgusting to others, and everyone there will feel embarrassed because of you.

Same, picture it differently.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

EU1 is more of a simulation server for people such as yourself who want to take it seriously. EU2 is just the most popular server and there is nothing that can be done about that.

The servers shouldn't be numbered, they should be named. There is no control over EU2. Moderators abuse their power, banning users who did nothing wrong, and the ones who are causing abusing the rules, don't usually get banned, even when a Moderator is in sight.

Casual #1
Derby #2
Casual #3
Freeroam #4

Taking out the option for the speed limiter? Its still there. By default the speed limiter option in the game setting no longer does anything. You need to go into the TMP settings to enable the 90kmh limiter for yourself.

The games made by SCS have almost always had the option to disable the speed limiter, among other settings not available via the in-game settings.

Also, alot of their older games didn't have any speed limiter.

The server with the most players isn't always the best server, I thought that was common sense?

This mod isn't going downhill, its still gaining traction.

The majority of the playerbase, for the entire game, could care less about speed limiters or traffic lights or fines. TruckersMP itself is not the "issue". The issue is that many of the simulation style players don't see how truly popular this game is, TruckersMP only makes up a small segment of all the players in these games at any time.

You can't put the blame on the staff for not enforcing the rules effectively. When a large part of the community doesn't care about the rules, naturally, theyre harder to enforce.

If you don't want to take part in a community where it was clear that there are reckless drivers and people intentionally trolling (eg. Any multiplayer game in existance) then I don't see how you can complain.

Clearly, since the majority of the community fills up the "no" speed limiter server where theres reckless driving and trollimg and all of that, with a massive queue, the community could care less.

Phew, @S p a r k i e Trying to pull out an argument, who would care then if the staff and the customers don't? The dog barking on the neighbor?

Of course it is responsibility of guys managing the mod concept. Wanna make people to start following rules, give them a reason to, spare the usual companies speech. I see influx of EU2 people on EU3, so tell me again the problem is out of staff hands and players are the saints enforcing rules even the prime guys cant. Straight barebones reaction.

@RichManSCTVI expected this sort of "out of context" commenters. @N0fear92 and @Ker35 can express their own feelings, I drove with them early today. That no one else is trying to bring this topic into discussion doesn't mean someone you "qualify to be trolling" is doing that, because you think of the internet as "trolling forums". Try using the word "discussion" next time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Zakxaev68

The staff do care, and in no part did I say they don't. Theres just too much for them to handle to effectively handle it all.

The staff try to give them a reason to care, but whats the point? 

If you get banned you just make a new steam account and buy the game. EU laws prevent us from getting people effectively banned. IP bans are not effective and arent a good idea.

You've only been here 3 months though, so I can see why you might not get why its hard for them to enforce the rules.

I know where you going at. I do know, I'm part of a lot of communities nowadays and I've been against any sorts of "trolling", I don't endorse that nor I do it myself. Trying to start a flame so both of us get a warning or account suspended for inappropriate comments in inappropriate forum sections. I won't go that low, your avatar tells the obvious of you.

To answer your provocation in a respectable manner.

Judging by time makes you look less logical - time isn't a scale to go by anymore. In the end, you could've been here 3 years and have less attention towards what's happening around, where you could've been 3 months but have better overview of how things go. From what I've experienced so far, it's the same events. Recklessness. And the proof is in front of your eyes, if you've been into the "racing" server already. The proof itself is publicly accessible, so that itself proves it.

All of this is to bring more serious attention to the high staff. By the next 12 months, EU2 will have its capacity full at all times (4300 slots/server). Ultimately that leads to new players joining the other servers, and if we speak hypothetically, the other servers will get crowded and people will start doing the same thing like others. Speeding, cutting you. Once all servers are full the players will be 5x the amounts of game moderators. Next comes? Hell.

If this isn't a serious topic for RichManSCTV - you know what that means.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Ker35 said:

Moderators abuse their power, banning users who did nothing wrong, and the ones who are causing abusing the rules, don't usually get banned, even when a Moderator is in sight.

That is also my experience.  Furthermore, even "unpleasant" posts are deleted without comment from the forum.

I only play online because my wife likes to watch it and she can wish for ariana grande at truckersFM.

To the OP:  well said sir!

18 hours ago, Zakxaev68 said:

Make it attractive to the less involved into the simulation players, e.g. casual portion of the players. Here, "casual" stands for "less smooth comfort, more ridiculous fun". That one word represends 4300 guys ('people'). Taking out a design point originally created by, say, hundred people taking time to make everything work around that, the roads, the traffic offences mechanic, the delivery generation process - all connected. When you take out a pin, the train won't keep moving, it will derail.

I'm on you with this. Truckers MP has gained a lot of fame with the youtube videos.. and most of them are because the "idiots on the road", which only gives a  bad reputation of what is this game or the MP about...

Some years before most of the players were playing on EU1, but with the infamous c-D popularity, everything changed. Now about 70% of drivers are NOT simulating, running at more than 110km/h and overtaking everything they can. 

13 hours ago, Sysgen said:

Out of curiosity,  what do you propose to do to resolve this problem? 

IMO, Staff needs to do something drastically to INCREASE Popularity of EU1, because most of "simulator" drivers, wanted to play it there, but the low population repels us. For example, REJECT all Reports from C-D on EU2 or reduce drastically your in-game admin work on these Server, and get focus on the others. Something like "if you enter on C-D it is at your own risk, we will not accept any reports on them, excluding the Hack ones..." On the other side, you can Duplicate the time of ALL BANS on EU2 as try to get more respectful players. I know that this happens with the website report, but then there are tons of website reports that may have a priority over other users who made a mistake and it would be difficult to recognize it.

Other aspects:

The Skoda. Which was his original purpose? Do convoy management?... so why there are not allowed on EU1, which is the server where most VTC would like to do convoys, following the rules, with some changes to &2.7. It should be the best server to drive with caravans as they are limited to 80km/h, in theory. On the other side, why Skoda is allowed on EU2, where most of the reckless drivers use it as a Need for Speed game.

IMO, Cars Must be allowed ONLY on EU1, with the same or less speed limit as trucks, or on EU4, which can be used as a racing game without any troubles for the other drivers. Obviously, all GM's will be able to use it for Admin purposes on every server. 

Also, the Ban System would be more objective, let me explain. I have seen lots off Post questioning why a Website report was denied with "only kickable offence" argument. Come on, ALL breach of the rules must be punished with Bans, except a PING issue which I think it's the real "only kickable offence".

So Ban system could change assigning to each rule a Ban duration, which can be duplicated or triplicated after the 3rd or 4th Ban.

For example, X days if you drive on Incorrect way or Incorrect overtake (rule2.4); X days if you make any ramming offence. And 2*X days if you do both on the same video Evidence. So Bans times are not decided by the number, but for which rule was broken instead. I accept hack bans must keep as Permanent. 

And remove the 6th ban limit, and change it for extra increase ban time accumulatively for 1 year or more. If possible, you may increase the hunt for Ban evading creating other accounts with the same IP internet usage.

To sum up, I hope any Youtuber or Twitch streamer who wants to play respecting the rules of the road, drives aways on EU1, with some other "random staff" events such as patrolling with the Scout more often but only on this Server. 

Staff and simulator drivers, we need to make EU1 great again :P using this server EVERYTIME we want to play Truckers MP, instead of going Eu2/3 because it's more populated.

3 hours ago, Sysgen said:

Out of curiosity,  what do you propose to do to resolve this problem? 

Easy. Make it so EU#4 server is no-speed limited. And all other servers, 90 Km/h maximum. Most of the reckless drivers, speeders, trolls, will quit playing or move to the EU#4 server where they can't harm others. And since the "global population" would probably go down, some of the servers could possibly be closed and the rest would be cheaper to maintain.

Utopy, I know. TMP would never go for changing from 10000 players every day to less than 5000, even if it's 5000 less trolls. But hey, it would solve most of the racing/reckless/trolls problems.

First of all I wouldn't recommend convoying on EU2 as its full of trollers therefore if you want to take this game seriously then either play on EU1 or EU3 where its less busy and where convoys normally take place. Game moderators cannot handle that many players, therefore I wouldn't recommend playing on EU2 in that case. 

8 hours ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

That is exactly the capitulative attitude that led to the present situation.
Suggesting to avoid a certain server shows an advanced stage of resignation and it does not contribute to the solution of the problem at all, based on the motto "see and avoid".

Makes me wonder if the active TruckersMP team members share this kind of attitude.

I enjoy the crowd and i stick with eu2 , and i go through the c-d road , yes i know there are trolls there but i have my measure ( recording ) and i enjoy my drive even if i get rammed because i know that they wil be punished by their actions thanks to report system.

@Zakxaev68

I see you complaining. how about you apply to be a game moderator so you can help fix the problem. you tried to convoy on the C-D road didn't you? TMP has stated that, that is a high traffic area yet you drove it any way. the server itself isn't the issue, it is one area of the server that is. by going there you added to the problem and the came here to complain, when you could have taken an alternate route to your destination. most people who have played ATS/ETS for any fair amount of time knows how to alter their route to get to their destination. I personally, if I play ETS, find a lower population server to avoid the, to avoid using any prohibited language, children who drive on the C-D road of EU2. I will say this to you use common sense. if the mods and devs say that you should find an alternate route, that means find an alternate route,. it doesn't mean that they are not trying to fix the problem, it means that there is to many people inadvertently adding to the problem, you included.

if you don't like what I had to say, that is fine by me. be respectful when you reply as I am being when I am typing this to you now. if you cant, then don't reply.

10 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

That is exactly the capitulative attitude that led to the present situation.
Suggesting to avoid a certain server shows an advanced stage of resignation and it does not contribute to the solution of the problem at all, based on the motto "see and avoid".

Makes me wonder if the active TruckersMP team members share this kind of attitude.

This is my own opinion and doesn’t reflect that of TruckersMP or any other TruckersMP Staff Member. By stating that “..wonder if the active TMP team members share this kind of attitude” is irrelevant and just seems to be a way for you to detriment the team with my comment.

Unfortunately, I am no longer part of the TruckersMP Team, so your comment is not only irrelevant but rather idiotic if you think this way.

Personally, the EU2 server is very popular in its ways and nothing can really be done about this. If people wish to drive sensibly, they don’t have to go on EU2 (which is more of a ‘casual’ server where it is inevitable that you get rammed etc...) and can easily switch to EU1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

8 minutes ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

This is my own opinion and doesn’t reflect that of TruckersMP or any other TruckersMP Staff Member. By stating that “..wonder if the active TMP team members share this kind of attitude” is irrelevant and just seems to be a way for you to detriment the team with my comment.

Unfortunately, I am no longer part of the TruckersMP Team, so your comment is not only irrelevant but rather idiotic if you think this way.

Personally, the EU2 server is very popular in its ways and nothing can really be done about this. If people wish to drive sensibly, they don’t have to go on EU2 (which is more of a ‘casual’ server where it is inevitable that you get rammed etc...) and can easily switch to EU1

Your statement again shows a lack of interest in dealing with the actual problem mentioned by the OP.

Instead, you tolerate the messed up situation by repeating the suggestion to switch to another server over and over again.
What is the big plan here? To reroute all reasonable driving players or send them to another server so trolls and the like have their own server for good? That is a workaround at best, but not even close to a solution.

What’s the problem with having “trolls” on EU2. They cannot all be dealt with and it is very difficult to do this. It is more of a Casual server so this is expected

The EU1 server is a “Simulation” server and it says that in its name. If you wish to do proper simulation driving, you can go onto that server. Obviously there will be a few bad eggs, but this is inevitable.

I really don’t see your problem

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

Wow. This topic has gone viral, somewhat.

@Vellaco [ESP]and @FernandoCR [ESP] pretty much figured it out themselves, we're on the same line!

The perfect solution happens to be moving the "no speed limit" rule to the fourth server (Freeroam), while the 3 other servers do have a speedlimiter (with no option to disabled it to prevent abusers) . You have collisions disabled, less the road blocks. No traffic jams either.

@ShadowWolf2k7 I once, only once was a game moderator years ago -- due to being too harsh and realistic doing what game moderators do, I tend not to do it anymore, as it's a case "YOU vs EVERYONE", where EVERYONE outnumbers you. Always  In the sense if I really applied to be one for TMP, I'd have all of the people on EU2 banned immediately for disregarding the general rules, with no chance of appealing that. Multiple rule violations leave you no space to object a ban.

About going around a IP ban, like someone else above said. That is nothing but trolling...why is that? If you are banned and create a new Steam account to buy the game again, you're cheating the system. I can't see anyone do that every time, spending money countless times - makes no sense. Except, idiots think like idiots.

@Michal Slovakia:))) Reports prove to be pointless. At almost all occasions, you have no time to even react to send a report, what remains to capture a video or picture to prove the incident. Then when you do, your reports are rejected in favor of the offender. You forgot players outnumber the moderators, so that is in their own interest (the players), they know its too much work to handle and use that as an excuse.

@Joao Rodriguesexplained you well what "NOT A SOLUTION" is. You have to look on it in depth (I already suggested the solution in the OP, read carefully...), players don't care about a change - would ruin their own "interests"/"experience". Which, after all, goes obvious too - look at how much people commented in this thread, only few of us. Where are all the others to vote on the solution we're talking about already? Player count peaked at 9,500 the other day...

...Where are those if they care about the mod going forward, right? They don't. Acting like you care becomes apparent now.

@El1teZombiezHDStill fails to understand. That hard? Leaving things be like they are does only harm, not good. Switching servers doesn't help, as trolls will do everything to get on your way, every server. To reduce the trolls, you have to work on the matter of  restricting their power to do things they don't need to. I think you don't want to accept that and still go with "change servers if you don't like it". Does that sound relevant to you?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 2/1/2019 at 7:24 AM, El1teZombiezHD said:

I'll play on the server that has people.  EU2 is not a dedicated troll server, those users agreed to the rules just like the rest of us.  I have a garage in Koln that I avoid like the plague because admins have encouraged such a shit behaviour among the players in Germany and France.

Honestly the mods either need to close C-D road permanently or they need to start increasing the punishment time.  Enough with this special snowflake crap where everyone is welcome.  When you agree to rules, then fail to obey those rules, there are consequences.  We shouldn't be holding their hands and allowing them to repeatedly troll users. It's amazing how many innocent players suffer and are harassed by a mentality that the game mods actively foster.  You aren't the only (retired or not) team member I've seen telling people to go play elsewhere if they don't want to be trolled.  How about we get rid of the trolls instead?  How about instead of a crap 3 day ban we start having actual consequences to our actions? Let's start by getting IP bans and making those be permanent instead of the joke of a "permanent ban" that you guys have now.  (Seriously, from my steam wallet funds alone I could rebuy ETS and ATS 6 times over. Having to rebuy the game is not a threat.)

Archived