The Rules; Ramming

Chemistry_TMP

no-confidence vote ( Agreement / Disagreement Vote )  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Comment

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/19 at 03:00 AM

The rules which is ramming, now, it is punished the ban by Game Moderator. 

It is offered to everyone who rammed the perpetrator.

So I wanted to change the Rules; ramming.

Ramming is a very wide range. So I would like to reduce this range.

If the perpetrator leaves an apology such as "sorry" to the victim, it is excluded from punishment.

Also, In some cases, the punishment may intentionally be further strengthened and punished.

What do you think about these options?

I would appreciate your vote and leave your comments.

I think many users have experienced this issue.

I will not be intentional, but I will have more than once, except for those who have never been in a van, even though I made a mistake and received a report.

So I am wondering what the opinions of the users are and I will leave this article.

Of course, there are a lot of people who interfere, so this may have been a widespread condition, but it may be overkill for general users.

I would appreciate your feedback on this.

Additionally, Users who intentionally violate this provision for malicious purposes should seek a permanent suspension similar to users who use "Hack" (unauthorized programs).

Example. 1

Example. 2

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

" The rules which is ramming, now, it is punished the ban by Game Moderator.  " ... yes ?

"  It is offered to everyone who rammed the perpetrator." .... ( why would you collide/ramm ??...  another rammer ??... " offered to everyone who rammed the perpetrator "  O.o"  .. ( the perpetrator : is the person who make the ramming... ) .. 

" So I wanted to change the Rules; ramming. "   .... okai how ??? .. "If the perpetrator leaves an apology such as "sorry" to the victim " ...( soo now every troll have just to say in  the chat " sorry " and you are free to go ??? without consequence of your action ?... ) 

" What do you think about these options? "  ...( if the option are the one that you can select... i Disagree .. )

" I think many users have experienced this issue. "... the issue is the amount of players/users that go on calais - duisburg and expect to not get rammed...

" Users who intentionally violate this provision for malicious purposes should seek a permanent suspension similar to users who use "Hack" (unauthorized programs). "  ... i dont think permaban is a viable choice and with the amount of feedback negative that would bring i dont see how it will be helpfull ... 

i understand that getting rammed isnt fun but if as a player you put yourself in a situation that might (mayby) get you in trouble.. just dont go there and avoid the area and problem ?... if you see someone rules breaking you report him.. and admin will deal with him.. but if you put yourself in a situation at risk of gettin rammed then you kinda deserve it.... 

We are all a product of our own choices. There are consequences to our actions. Accidents and mistakes happen yes, but that doesn't mean you are excluded from punishment. Besides, what you suggested can be very easily abused.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Hello :) 

1 hour ago, Black_Combat_Killer said:

The rules which is ramming, now, it is punished the ban by Game Moderator

Yes. If you break the rules, you will be banned by GM

So I wanted to change the Rules; ramming.

You cannot change the rules by yourself. If not, you can make a suggestion here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/546-game-suggestions/

If the perpetrator leaves an apology such as "sorry" to the victim, it is excluded from punishment.

No ... why when you hit someone else's car then you say sorry ? It's not fair. If you apologize, why don't you think of the rules before you do it. Why do you break the rules (crash someone else's car), then you say sorry, so it doesn't make sense anymore.

You can see a lot of bans, even though the perpetrator has apologized, they are still banned. When you hit someone else's car, then say sorry, doesn't mean you won't be banned. You will still be banned if the person who stabbed you reported you

I've seen players driving like maniacs, ramming everyone out of their way and continuously saying "Sorry" on the game's chat. Or others who come full speed, lose control and destroy your truck/cargo and say sorry. Well, my usual answer would be "I don't believe you, but I do believe that you will be sorry" right before reporting with video evidence. There's no need for a change in the rules that would be so easily abused, it's just common sense, if I'm driving and another player hits my truck, says sorry and I see that it was just a "legit accident" I'll let it go, but if I see that the "accident" was caused by reckless driving, there's no "sorry" that can save that player from being reported. Also, GMs are not robots that ban every report about ramming, they check the evidence and will issue a ban only if they see it deserved (supposedly... I've seen several "Only kickable offense" when IMO it was a bannable one, but you know... "Admin's discretion").

Hi, I see no reason to change rule §2.2, since ramming is ramming. Players have agreed to the rules and consequences if those are not held when creating their account and first joining TMP servers.

Apologizing after ramming someone doesn't reduce possible damage after the crash, you apologize to feel better afterward, but it shouldn't be a reason to not punish or reducing a player's punishment. 

This is the reason for my disagreement.

Hi, my name is Jonas.

I understand your point. You suggest that if it was a mistake, it shouldn't be banned. However, it is not possible for admins to judge if the ramming was intentional or by mistake in most of the cases. So it is up to the players to report it or not. When I get rammed, if I feel like it was a mistake, I don't report it but if I feel like it was intentional I do. "sorry" is not a criterion for that.

This can be severely abused. A guy rammed me and started to curse at me in a foreign language. I think he was mad at me because I had to stop to turn into a loading dock, while he was going fast in a Scout within city roads. I'm sorry, but just apologizing isn't enough. And as @RichManSCTV said above me, you can always appeal the ban.

76561198071890983.png

I am kind of neutral when it comes to this topic. I mean, it depends of the person and the gravity of the ramming that it's done. I am ok with absorbing the fault of some people by saying "sorry" but there are a lot of them who even after saying sorry they are continuously trolling without caring. Maybe some don't care but the rules are there for everyone to obey them if they want to of course because this is a free platform, not to be forgotten.

Since this is a simulator, we can make the comparison to real life.

You don't just get off the hook in real life for saying sorry. If you are determined at fault for an accident, you can say sorry all you want, but you will still get slapped with the consequences. Whether its your insurance rate being bumped up because your insurance has to pay for both yourself and the other person you wrecked into, tickets for whatever violation caused the accident (running red light, speeding, etc), or so forth.

And we do apply real-world laws in these cases. If you were found at fault for causing the collision with another user, you will receive the consequences of the collision. A number of things we look for when making the decision on who is at fault are:

- Lanes of Travel - Was the user at fault traveling in the wrong direction of travel. Did the user cross the center line.

- Road Signs - Did the user fail to adhere to posted road signs in game (Yield/Priority)

- Traffic Lights - Did the user fail to adhere to traffic lights in the area (Running a Red)

- Recklessness - Was the user controlling his/her vehicle properly

- Intent - Did the user purposely turn into another user to cause the collision

One or more of the above will almost always validate who is at fault and caused the collision. So with the collision rule as it currently is, nothing should be changed about it.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, 

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :) 

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived