Wear and tear damage in trucks and trailers?

Nidos

I've been playing ETS2 for at least 3 years now, and I only just realized that my truck and trailer occasionally gets damage from driving. I never noticed this before. Is this a new mechanic in the game for general wear and tear, and is it only in TMP or is it the game itself? And no, I didn't crash or bump into anything for this to happen. How long has this been a thing?

76561198071890983.png

I've heard about this thing, never experienced tho.

@[TAL Founder] BlackSkill, I suggest you to use those settings if you want to get rid of all of those things:

g_suspension_stiffness "1"

g_trailer_stability "1.5"

g_truck_stability "1"

Just paste them in the console or change the values in the profile's config.cfg.

It might be a little catchy at the start, but it's far better in my opinion.

This has been happening since as long as I can remember. A perfect drive, you deliver with Excellent, but your truck has damage, usually only the tyres, 3-6 % depending on how many Km you drove. Since 1.33, the only difference is that you see separated damage: Truck - Trailer - Cargo. Before, there was only Truck - Trailer (because trailer was the same as cargo). And no, it has nothing to do with the new physics. Maybe the changes to these have affected to the damage somehow, but that damage was appearing long before the 1.33 release. It's better now, because you can have damage to the trailer, but if you manage to not damage the cargo, your delivery will be rated as "Excellent". Before 1.33, damage to the trailer was damage to the cargo, any value higher than 1% meant that the delivery could not be "Excellent".

Wear and tear damage has been in the game for a long time now. AFAIK it was already in version 1.9 which dates to early 2014. But I think it's ever been there since release.

Anyway, with the current update (1.33) and the physics changes in it, the wear and tear may have been increased a (little) bit

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

This is the most noticeable if you drive at high speeds and then brake really harshly. The damage on your truck will be on the tyres, as said above ^^. So even if you crash sometimes, the damage will not increase because for example you damaged your engine or chassis, but you already had more damage than that on your tyres.

Well, if I remember right, this isn't new, your tires are getting damage from wearing down. I'm not sure but I'm pretty confident that it's true.

Have a good day

Best regards Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

On 1/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, Odion said:

I've heard about this thing, never experienced tho.

@[TAL Founder] BlackSkill, I suggest you to use those settings if you want to get rid of all of those things:

g_suspension_stiffness "1"

g_trailer_stability "1.5"

g_truck_stability "1"

Just paste them in the console or change the values in the profile's config.cfg.

It might be a little catchy at the start, but it's far better in my opinion.

Let me remind you of this rule:

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

particularly this: "Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console" you cant change your game with the ingame console. not if it alters gameplay.

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

Let me remind you of this rule:

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

particularly this: "Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console" you cant change your game with the ingame console. not if it alters gameplay.

Wait a minute... like a year ago when they did they physics update I was told by a staff member to just edit it in the config files or console to kinda bring back the old settings, now my truck does not randomly shoot into the air when I hit a small bump anymore. The weight feels more realistic and grounded. 

You are a game mod! You should read the rule better!!

in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar.

Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing

This is just for abusing the console, it does not say you cant use it at all!

15 hours ago, RichManSCTV said:

Wait a minute... like a year ago when they did they physics update I was told by a staff member to just edit it in the config files or console to kinda bring back the old settings, now my truck does not randomly shoot into the air when I hit a small bump anymore. The weight feels more realistic and grounded. 

As you said, changing the physics settings to be more stable isn't abuse. As long as you can still change the trailer stability and brake intensity in the default game settings, truck stability and suspension stiffness should be allowed too, because it makes the truck more stable, and it doesn't give you any advantage than other users, as long as they can use this feature too. Same goes for the winter mod: you can choose to either use it or not. Using it will make your truck less stable at high speed and may cause many accidents because of it.

@MrSirViking

21 hours ago, Odion said:

As you said, changing the physics settings to be more stable isn't abuse. As long as you can still change the trailer stability and brake intensity in the default game settings, truck stability and suspension stiffness should be allowed too, because it makes the truck more stable, and it doesn't give you any advantage than other users, as long as they can use this feature too. Same goes for the winter mod: you can choose to either use it or not. Using it will make your truck less stable at high speed and may cause many accidents because of it.

@MrSirViking

On 2/2/2019 at 10:46 PM, RichManSCTV said:

I was told that the only settings you can edit on your trucks are the things you can edit from the ingame settings menu. So thats Trailer Stability and breaking intensity cause you have a slider to use for that (and you can only set it within what the slider does). So since Suspension Stiffness has no setting to change, changing it using the console would be abuse of the console.

@MrSirViking There are many settings that can be changed using the console and are not available in the Options window of the game. Using the console to change some settings is not wrong, abusing it can be wrong. It's also very difficult to tell when players have messed with those values if they didn't "overcharge" the new settings to some ridiculous values.

I decided to try (in SP) by lowering the game's default values which are:

Trailer stability=0.5

Truck stability=0.5

Braking intensity=1.0

Suspension stiffness=1.0

Most people will probably try to override those values to set them higher so they can go faster with a lower risk of crashing, I did just the opposite, my current values are:

Trailer stability=0.2

Truck stability=0.2

Braking intensity=0.5

Suspension stiffness=0.5

The truck "feels" a lot more real and I haven't had any problems to keep it under control, even driving with the winter mod and physics enabled.

But now I'm scared... You're saying that I can be permanently banned for having changed values that have no correspondance in the menus (truck stability and suspension stiffness)? What about this:

I mean that since the game options allow the trailer stability to be changed between 0 and 0.5, using the console to set it at 1.5 should be more bannable than changing the truck stability or suspension stiffness to values within the regular range (0-0.5 and 0-1.0), don't you think?

On 2/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@MrSirViking There are many settings that can be changed using the console and are not available in the Options window of the game. Using the console to change some settings is not wrong, abusing it can be wrong. It's also very difficult to tell when players have messed with those values if they didn't "overcharge" the new settings to some ridiculous values.

I decided to try (in SP) by lowering the game's default values which are:

Trailer stability=0.5

Truck stability=0.5

Braking intensity=1.0

Suspension stiffness=1.0

Most people will probably try to override those values to set them higher so they can go faster with a lower risk of crashing, I did just the opposite, my current values are:

Trailer stability=0.2

Truck stability=0.2

Braking intensity=0.5

Suspension stiffness=0.5

The truck "feels" a lot more real and I haven't had any problems to keep it under control, even driving with the winter mod and physics enabled.

But now I'm scared... You're saying that I can be permanently banned for having changed values that have no correspondance in the menus (truck stability and suspension stiffness)? What about this:

I mean that since the game options allow the trailer stability to be changed between 0 and 0.5, using the console to set it at 1.5 should be more bannable than changing the truck stability or suspension stiffness to values within the regular range (0-0.5 and 0-1.0), don't you think?

But you also gotta remember that the Console is not enabled by default. Its something you have to change a settings file to get. And i an full aware that its gonna be hard for me to prove that you changed anything in that console unless its obvious. But none the less its still against the rules of §2.1, thats just how it is. I diddent make the rules i just know and follow them :) But as long as you keep the values within reason i am not sure anyone is gonna catch you doing it.

@MrSirViking That's completely fair.

But there's the other question: Staff members suggesting users to USE the console to override the maximum game settings (maximum stability for trailer is 0.5 within the game and it's been suggested to set it at 1.5)). I mean, how can some staff members say that they will ban players for doing what other staff members suggested? 

Archived