+160km/h LOL

Wolfman93

30 minutes ago, RichManSCTV said:

?

I dont see anything

Translated to English via Google edited the beginning as it said " red cardboard driving " which made no sense. 

[RED CARD] This HGV driver was driving more than 160 km / h with a 40-tonne truck. During a control conducted jointly with the Regional Directorate for the Environment, Planning, and Housing (DREAL), on the 03/01/2019 on the A28 motorway, the soldiers of the Motorized Peloton (PMO) of Neufchatel -en-Bray note that a truck registered in Portugal does not respect the safety distance with the heavy truck that precedes it. Intercepted by motorcyclists, the vehicle is driven by a Spanish driver. The analysis of the driver card and the tachograph revealed 73 offenses, over a period of 28 days including 13 exceedances of the authorized speed (90 km / h maximum for this category of vehicle). The truck is immobilized and the driver gets a deposit of 2450 euros for: - driving offense without driver card (39 found) - Exceeding at least 1 hour and 30 minutes of the uninterrupted driving time of 4 hours 30 (12 recorded) - Speed violations (13 reported ranging from 117 to 161 km / h). - non respect of the safety distances. In addition, 9 offenses for rest-time deficiencies have not been answered at this time. The driver was able to resume the road the next day after payment of the amount of the consignment. The case will be judged later by the court. "

I think they are saying the truck has been modified to bypass the tachograph restrictions & speed limiter! They should have thrown the book at him, i can't believe he was allowed to drive after that......

110-120 km/h would be understandable in a truck that weighed much less...but 160km/h in a 40 tonne truck? That's just outright reckless.

I know of course its possible to get trucks up to some pretty wild speeds IRL, you wouldn't even need the top of the line engine, just a buddy who knows what he is doing with his laptop, governors, and speed limiters. (since you can choose your differential ratio when you buy a lot of these newer trucks), but its still just not a good idea for 95% of circumstances or places.

People who do it in real life, with a load even, shouldn't have their license for any vehicle. Just to think any of its a good idea..

Hello There Wolfman93,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived