A few words about DLC check..

InfiniteOne

May I not be the only one writing that, but the stagnation of thoughts I've been having for the past 2 years has come to end. Let me start off with a question straight to the developers, rather then with a demand. What exactly inspired you to make this decision? Of course, I could suggest a variant that the developers made a "contract" with SCS Software. And despite it being unconvincing and absurd towards the developers of TruckersMP it also could be true. Why not? You see, SCS doesn't care if you crack their DLC. At least they didn't do any moves to prevent it so far. You can use them offline as you always did, but the main point isn't that. Let's look up to it from the perspectives of the both sides. For SCS it could be an easy method to gain more profit from selling DLCs on market cause everything was basically already done for them: there is a community mod which let people play together and also supports DLC. For TruckersMP developers it could be the best way to gain profit as well, by taking some "percentage" from the sells (this is just speculation) and spending these earnings to pay for servers rent and ect. I am certain that I am wrong and don't have any evidence to prove the opposite, again it's just speculation.
 From my perspective, the "check" thing is just not right. The mod, which intented to be free and let people spend time together now requires to pay for that. And I sick for an answer. I'd love to hear any explanation of what happened back then. Thank you for your time.

No the check system is there to let you know if the dlc you brought is supported by the mod, if its not it can cause others to crash ( its simply warning you not to use a dlc thats not yet supported ) you can play with no dlc at all if you want to....you can see the system in action with the krone dlc, if it wasnt for those " buy krone dlc " boxes people would crash to desktop!

Also TMP can't profit off the games as they signed an agreement with SCS that states they are NOT ALLOWED to make any profit from the mod, which includes membership....If they went against that they could face prison! 

55 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

No the check system is there to let you know if the dlc you brought is supported by the mod, if its not it can cause others to crash ( its simply warning you not to use a dlc thats not yet supported ) you can play with no dlc at all if you want to....you can see the system in action with the krone dlc, if it wasnt for those " buy krone dlc " boxes people would crash to desktop!

Also TMP can't profit off the games as they signed an agreement with SCS that states they are NOT ALLOWED to make any profit from the mod, which includes membership....If they went against that they could face prison! 

That's a really good point which I admire. But, it may sound a little bit odd, the charm of exploring the Italy or the upcoming regions in the next DLCs with others is gone.. I just miss it.. I miss that time.. 
Most can say, why won't you buy these DLCs? Well, firstly we all live in different countries with various economy levels. Secondly, it's not cheap to buy all of them even by American standards, but, obviously, it's just me complaining. 
In conlusion to this, I'd like to still hope that this exploration will be possible once again. Maybe they will found out a way, for example, make the DLCs built in the mod itself. And sorry for my passive agressive text earlier, I really apologize for my inconsistency. It just kept swallowing into one big pile of thoughts and I shot them out without any consideration. Again, I hope it will change. Thank you for your time.

NO NO! We hare at TMP does not support Piracy! I am pretty sure there is no deal between SCS and TMP. We dont get any money when you buy a DLC. The reason why we dont let you use a pirated DLC on our servers, is cause its illegal! We dont want to end up being taken down because we allow you to use pirated DLC's. If we allowed you to use your pirated DLC or game on here, SCS would probably take us down fast! And since we are here because of SCS, we of cause want to support SCS for making such a great game, and you should to! The check is there to check what you own on steam. So if you do own Italy DLC on steam the server will know and let you drive in Italy. But we will never allowed you to use Pirated DLC on the servers.

20 hours ago, InfiniteOne said:

May I not be the only one writing that, but the stagnation of thoughts I've been having for the past 2 years has come to end. Let me start off with a question straight to the developers, rather then with a demand. What exactly inspired you to make this decision? Of course, I could suggest a variant that the developers made a "contract" with SCS Software. And despite it being unconvincing and absurd towards the developers of TruckersMP it also could be true. Why not? You see, SCS doesn't care if you crack their DLC. At least they didn't do any moves to prevent it so far. You can use them offline as you always did, but the main point isn't that. Let's look up to it from the perspectives of the both sides. For SCS it could be an easy method to gain more profit from selling DLCs on market cause everything was basically already done for them: there is a community mod which let people play together and also supports DLC. For TruckersMP developers it could be the best way to gain profit as well, by taking some "percentage" from the sells (this is just speculation) and spending these earnings to pay for servers rent and ect. I am certain that I am wrong and don't have any evidence to prove the opposite, again it's just speculation.
 From my perspective, the "check" thing is just not right. The mod, which intented to be free and let people spend time together now requires to pay for that. And I sick for an answer. I'd love to hear any explanation of what happened back then. Thank you for your time.

Firstly, SCS Software is a business and businesses are there to make money. To suggest that SCS don't care about their DLC being cracked is absurd; of course they do as it means less income for the work they put in. The reason SCS Software might not choose to prevent it is because that would require the use of Digital Rights Management (DRM), and DRM tends to harm the legitimate users more than the pirates; SCS might not have wanted to risk affecting its users.

Secondly, if the guys running TruckersMP decided to allow the use of cracked copies of the game or DLC, they would effectively be in support of piracy of the game and its DLC. This would open the guys who run TruckersMP to legal issues which could result in the mod being shutdown, and the people responsible for allowing the support of cracked copies to face legal punishments including fines or even prison sentences.

The mod is intended to be free because that's exactly what it legally has to be; TruckersMP does not charge anyone for access to its content, which means no, you're not required to pay for it. You're required to pay for the game, and for any DLC you wish to use, but that's not the mod that is charging you for that; it's SCS Software.

There is no legitimate reason to be pirating the game or its DLCs; if you can't afford it, don't get it, it's as simple as that. Just because you live in a country with lower economic means does not give you the right to just do as you please.

You all are right as noone could be. It was just me complaining. But the topic consisted of a question and some specualtion which was a shout out of my thoughts, absurd and maybe even offensive. I sincerely apologize to the developers of TruckersMP since now I see the full picture, especially I understand the reasons of embeding the DLC check. I got my answer and I am very thankful for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There InfiniteOne,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived