3D Printed Switch Panel

flashsolutions

Really very successful work. I'm sure someone's gonna do a lot. I'd like to try it, but unfortunately I don't have a 3D printer, but I plan to get it soon. Nowadays I'm investigating how the 3D printer works. I think it is very new and great technology, and in the future everything will be produced easily. :check:

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

I've added a sequential shifter to the switch panel.  I realized I had 4 more possible switches onboard the joystick circuit board.  If you have a 3D printer and would like a copy of the files, please let me know.  So anyway, I used some SPDT switches in my middle row, removed a couple of push buttons from the bottom row and remapped the buttons.  Pushing the middle row of buttons up does one function, while pushing down implements another function.  The top row do each function whether up or down.  I used a lever system with micro switches to detect the shifter.  Purcahsed the knob from eBay but have files to print a shift knob on the 3D printer.  Rubber bands keep the shifter in neutral position.

IMG_3210.JPG

it is obviously awesome think.
but i think that it is look like airplane cockpit. So realistic .When l play ets or ats.( which ever game you want). And when l use this l belive that l can drive like a real truck driver on the road.This type of things will improve to simulation games which like ets

do not give up :D

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

I have just released an updated version which includes the shift lever, a base for clamping to table top, and updated sizing of mounting holes for better fit.  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3408356 

I have made three of these now, two for my friends and gotten them setup for multiplayer.   Love the simulator and the ability to multiplay courtesy of this site.  Giving back to the community.

1 hour ago, ellZiF said:

I've been thinking about buying one of these button boxes but in the US, the companies that are manufacturing them are charging a fortune. How has the experience been so far with it?

I have made three of these so far and they are working very nicely.  By the time I had built the third one, I had refined it to include a base that could be clamped to a table which has been a big help.  I find that when shifting gears, I can get a little carried away and need to be able to lock the switch box down so it doesn't have a chance to move.   So, if you are looking to buy one, make sure you can secure it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived