New game mode (an apology)

Smoky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 7:27 PM, Smoky_TMP said:

With this post, we want to say that this feature is not dropped. We are still planning to release this feature, though there is no estimated time of arrival. 

So you said this game mode is not dead. But could you give us a few information what we could expect to see/play? Is it open World with 4000 other Players or just one tour you can drive with one buddy? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SupportGuy said:

Im am looking forward to this feature ever since it was teased a while back. Take your time! @Bleeed from what I understand it is what the game currently is with ai traffic added into it. I could be totally wrong tho.

Honestly, i don't know why they don't just say its a lost cause because it clearly is. Its never gonna happen

Everyone keep in mind that our devs are currently woking on the new ETS update, it will take some time to create a game mode like this. It's not as easy as you all think it is. Just wait and be patient ;)

11 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Honestly, i don't know why they don't just say its a lost cause because it clearly is. Its never gonna happen

How exactly do you know that?

2 hours ago, Frosty. said:

How exactly do you know that?

Because we would have heard something by now, there are many reasons i.e syncing traffic, load on servers etc! Given players can spawn in ai traffic ( via console apparently ) but only they can see it, clearly its not an issue of enabling traffic but syncing it with lots of players so you don't get people hitting invisible objects 

3 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Because we would have heard something by now, there are many reasons i.e syncing traffic, load on servers etc! Given players can spawn in ai traffic ( via console apparently ) but only they can see it, clearly its not an issue of enabling traffic but syncing it with lots of players so you don't get people hitting invisible objects 

We have no reason to show further updates if it's nothing worth showing. We have few developers who work hard on multiple features at the same time, if you have suggestions on how to speed up the process of development for new features of this mod or specifically for the new game mode, you're free to get in touch with our Developers team and share your precious knowledge with them.

I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

• Like 3
  • True Story 5
  • Woah! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Other then patching the mod to work with new versions of the game as they are released, there is nothing more important and game changing than adding AI traffic into the mod. Everything is should be secondary. Please prioritize this mode. 

Not only would it be the most important update yet, its the major reason why people don't play MP or don't stay long.

• Upvote 1

I fully agree with Edgecrusher and I would love to see this. But I think it is terribly difficult to get this right for TMP at the moment.

For example, I would really like to be able to drive with just a few people, including AI and some MODS, such as engine noise and  so on.

Unfortunately it is not (yet) ready.

spacer.png

On 6/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, Edgecrusher said:
On 5/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, Bleeed said:

So you said this game mode is not dead. But could you give us a few information what we could expect to see/play? Is it open World with 4000 other Players or just one tour you can drive with one buddy? 

I would totally love to play with only one or two buddys and AI.

This would be my perfect world on ETS2......

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Small, private games are nice but I want the whole thing. I want the open world 1000's servers (or at least a couple hundred) with AI traffic.

I'm perfectly fine with making a few concessions on what we have now. The AI traffic doesn't have to be bustling or exactly like SP but a few cars here and there at least would make the game feel much less like "empty wasteland trucking simulator". I only play on ATS so I have never seen the player count go over 800 or so since I've been here. In my case, I do not need 4000 player limit servers. I think I'd be fine with it being limited to a few hundred players if it meant traffic was do-able.

I just really would like to see this feature added. I'll gladly play on some unfinished beta server with the feature. I'm guessing since we saw that teaser trailer of it a year ago then there must be at least some version of it done.

• 2 weeks later...