Truck Slows Down on Slightest Incline

EnfaxFuzzy

Hello all!

I've been having this issue lately where my truck slows down on even the slightest of inclines, regardless of what kind of trailer I'm hauling. Of course, the heavier hauls cause the most deceleration. Also, the acceleration is about the same where other trucks fly past me up hills from a stand still. I have no idea how they do it.

I didn't know where else to ask in the Forums, but anyone have advise for the optimal setup?

Here's some information on what I'm currently running:

Truck: Scania S Normal Roof

Chassis: Chassis 6x2 Long Taglift

Engine: DC13 155 500 Euro 6

Transmission: Opticruise GRSO 905R

I'm using a controller to steer and Real Automatic for shifting as I have no other handy option to use any kinda manual transmission setup.

If anyone has advise please let me know, I hate being so darn slow all the time.

First of all, I must say that you should use an allison gearbox for fast acceleration, and you should also use a 4x2 chassis to make the truck lighter. If you make a truck in this way, you can get fast, but if you are using snow mode, you may have a little difficulty using the 4x2 chassis. I don't think I need to tell the engine power. The more powerful the engine is, the stronger the truck. ;):wesmart:

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

9 minutes ago, Snap Dragon said:

First of all, I must say that you should use an allison gearbox for fast acceleration, and you should also use a 4x2 chassis to make the truck lighter. If you make a truck in this way, you can get fast, but if you are using snow mode, you may have a little difficulty using the 4x2 chassis. I don't think I need to tell the engine power. The more powerful the engine is, the stronger the truck. ;):wesmart:

Thank you Snap Dragon for the suggestion, I'll see what I can do to change those components. But I'll definitely keep the better engine.

1 hour ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Are you using the wintermod?  If so, make sure you're not just spinning your drive axle on the snow (sometimes hard to do with a controller).  One of my friends had that issue (and spinning in turns) with his 6x2 until I convinced him to swap it out for a 6x4.

I tried the winter mod and did not like it, so I no longer use that haha.

37 minutes ago, kultrex said:

Are you using retarder? 

No, and usually the game alerts you if you happen to be using it at an in-opportune moment.

A slight slowdown is a natural thing when most of the traffic in game have their V8 torque monsters at high RPM at all times. However, if you do want to go faster:

1. Use shift hinting to downshift on hills to reduce the loss of speed (you can set up the hint keys on controller and actual shift keys on the keyboard.)

1.a. Use adaptive automatic, if you floor it at all times you'll get higher revs without having to manually shift.

2. A 6x4 wheelbase can put power out better than a 6x2 as the engine has more traction surface to use it.

3. Get a V8 like everyone else for peak gotta go fast.

4. Consider following the speed limits on the highway, and take in the scenery rather than racing from city to city

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

You also may try to change a gearbox in your truck.  

There are 3 different 12-gears gearboxes for Scania (plus same models with retarders). The difference is in gear ratio - smaller gear ratio (f.e. 0,80 x 2,7 = 2,16) have a better max speed and lower fuel consumption with light cargo, but slower acceleration (and decceleration on uphils with heavy cargo)  than gearboxes with greater gear ratio.

Raffi

----

Za każdym razem, gdy do firanki podpinasz 8x4 i włączasz koguty gdzieś na świecie umiera w cierpieniu mały szczeniaczek.
Every time You attach curtain trailer to 8x4 and turn your beacons on - somewhere dies cute little puppy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, 

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me  :) 

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived