[ETS2 MAP] Option: Hide our names (accounts)

Petrova

17 hours ago, Petrova said:

We talking about everyone, not about only the CCs. We didnt missunderstand you ;) 

I talking about my and every other player's personal privacy.

If you want to suggest your /hide idea, then You can submit it here.

I totally aggree with you in this sentence, but what about the trolls? The map is good tool for the trolls who catch you, and teleport to you, and after this they harass you. I know that, because I experience that every 2-3 days.

It was not enough that I set my steam profile to private and turned off my game activity on Discord. Because trolls check me on map, tp to me and harass me. Of course they says that in PM "i like ets2 map :DD" or "i checked you on map".

I think it would be nice if the default setting would be "My name is visible on ETS2 Map" but, If I would want that, I would turn it off. People would see my blue dot on the map, but my name would be invisible.

20 hours ago, KrhthkosV8 said:

For me that idea is useless. The problem it isn't the name, but the search. If you can't search with name and tmp id you can't discover anyone in tmp, if they dont give you their server id or streamers give you from their streams that's info generously. For the streamers(Community Contributor) unfortunately if tmp don't give the hide permission in server like on admins nothing will change. Unfortunately the streamers can't hide from trolls. Also the map is the good tool for your friends or your vtc members to see where you/they are to pick the nearest location to spawn. Something else that no one has ever thought is for (ex. If you have hide your name, but someone random player no. Then ? ).You are hostage of trolls and you need to play all time with close f11 and tab. Finally for me the streamers can't hide from trolls and all other players don't lose their privacy.

The normal players don't have to deal with trolls ,because trolls don't have any reason to search them. Only those who are exposed to public like Community Contributor, TMP Staff and their friends have reasons to hide. For the end i have something special. I searched a bit to see what variables have the TMP API and how that works with ets2map. If i understand correcty maybe TMP Devs can't do anything for the names. Α better option here is to take an answer from TMP Dev's about that if that is something attainable.

The ets2map isn't the only MP map in the internet ! 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

^ Wrong, normal players DO have to deal with trolls. I know it isn't the vast majority people that have these occurances, but it does still occur. You are also a normal player, how about i stalk you the entire time when you are driving, that'd be annoying wouldn't it? All we ask for is privacy, it's not like we permanently want to close our doors for other players, then we might as well just hop onto singleplayer. But there are times where you just don't want to be disturbed by others, or at least decrease the chances.

Also, not everyone likes to say no to other people. So it's better that this sort of situation doesn't get created at all if we can just hide ourselves from the map.

• 5 weeks later...

So I'm curious about this and would like a staff member to clarify this matter, but couldn't you just report any user that tries to follow you around all the time? Specifically the ones that are indeed like "Haha I found you on the map LOL ROFL". I'd personally count this as targeted harassment.

Anyways this would obviously be a very contrived solution to an issue that seems to plague more users than I initially expected. If a privacy feature like the one you suggest can be added there'd be no need to report the users in the first place. +1 from me.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, F U R Y said:

To me this is unnecessary. I understand that you want to drive alone, but I don't think anyone will try to locate you on the map to troll you.

Well, maybe this is unnecessary for You, but I experience this every single day when I playing on the servers and this is very annoying for me.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:15 PM, Flynn Dawson said:

I'd totally agree to this suggestion.

I think that's all I got to say for now. 

Thank you :) 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, Raeker said:

So I'm curious about this and would like a staff member to clarify this matter, but couldn't you just report any user that tries to follow you around all the time? Specifically the ones that are indeed like "Haha I found you on the map LOL ROFL". I'd personally count this as targeted harassment.

Anyways this would obviously be a very contrived solution to an issue that seems to plague more users than I initially expected. If a privacy feature like the one you suggest can be added there'd be no need to report the users in the first place. +1 from me.

If I would report each person to such this reason, Staff would block my permission to use report system haha

• Upvote 1

Petrova

DC: Petrova#6591  |  VTC: Wolves™  |  My YT Channel  |  Languages what I speak: Hungarian, English, Russian

On 5/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, F U R Y said:

To me this is unnecessary. I understand that you want to drive alone, but I don't think anyone will try to locate you on the map to troll you.

It's discretionary. You can disable/enable it at your own discretion. It's one of the very basic rights we should have, rather than be forcibly visible on the map. I don't understand why'd people say no to such basic features that won't harm anyone, but can rather be beneficial for everyone.

Do you want to be seen on the map? Sure, enable it. You don't want to be seen on the map? Sure, disable it. Call it privacy.

• True Story 2

I agree with this because in my VTC we do have several people that stream and some streamers get 50+ views daily. We have encountered several trolls, especially a member that got their application denied. He even said "you can try and lose me but I have you pulled up on the map", this would decrease the chance of us being trolled by people that target us unless they somehow get where we are through the stream. +1

On 5/31/2019 at 11:35 AM, man_rise_of_death said:

nice +1

Thanks!

23 hours ago, FlamingTree said:

I agree with this because in my VTC we do have several people that stream and some streamers get 50+ views daily. We have encountered several trolls, especially a member that got their application denied. He even said "you can try and lose me but I have you pulled up on the map", this would decrease the chance of us being trolled by people that target us unless they somehow get where we are through the stream. +1

Thank you!

18 hours ago, Falco [ITA] said:

I strongly agree with Petrova here, this feature should be added ASAP. It is annoying to be chased around the map by people, when you just want to chill and do some trucking alone or with friends if in a convoy or other. It is for our privacy. +1 

Thanks Falco :wub:

I hope this will materialize once as soon as possible :) 

• Upvote 1

Petrova

DC: Petrova#6591  |  VTC: Wolves™  |  My YT Channel  |  Languages what I speak: Hungarian, English, Russian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Evening Everyone,

This topic particularly caught my eye with the concern for user privacy. Currently every user actively playing the game can be found just by using their username or in game ID if they are streaming on Twitch. It is becoming exceedingly obvious that more players are being targeted by those with the intent to troll and to ruin the experience for other road users. @Petrova has raised such an important point when it comes to the community, having that option to hide your location from public view on the ETS2 Live Map. I feel this would slightly cut down on the amount of trolling cases and therefore will make it harder for a user to find you. 

In conclusin, @Petrova has my full support with this topic and I hope from the feedback in this thread; the suggestion will be added to the current project plan.

regards,

Welshboy

Hello,

I personally don't care if some people follow me as long as they don't crash into me and cause troubles, it's not like if we are famous at the point to be harassed.

If sometimes some people follow you in my opinion it's not a big deal... I think the word "privacy" is a bit exaggerated, because it's only a game. 

but it's only my opinion after all.

2 hours ago, Welshboy346 said:

Good Evening Everyone,

This topic particularly caught my eye with the concern for user privacy. Currently every user actively playing the game can be found just by using their username or in game ID if they are streaming on Twitch. It is becoming exceedingly obvious that more players are being targeted by those with the intent to troll and to ruin the experience for other road users. @Petrova has raised such an important point when it comes to the community, having that option to hide your location from public view on the ETS2 Live Map. I feel this would slightly cut down on the amount of trolling cases and therefore will make it harder for a user to find you. 

In conclusin, @Petrova has my full support with this topic and I hope from the feedback in this thread; the suggestion will be added to the current project plan.

regards,

Welshboy

Thank you so much @Welshboy346 for your comment! I am very pleased that lot of players have similar opinions on this subject and support my idea with detailed opinions :) 

2 hours ago, Tristan [FR] said:

Hello,

I personally don't care if some people follow me as long as they don't crash into me and cause troubles, it's not like if we are famous at the point to be harassed.

If sometimes some people follow you in my opinion it's not a big deal... I think the word "privacy" is a bit exaggerated, because it's only a game. 

but it's only my opinion after all.

Thanks for share your opinion. 

• Upvote 3

Petrova

Personnaly, I have never seen someone streamsniping(or call it however you want) by a map. Usually its done when people are in your friendlist or in discord. When playing, discord shows where are you at maybe its comming from there? Do you have a 100% proofs that people are comming from 3rd parties sites? If so, then I will change my mind, otherwise, you got my idea <3

_Russian

10 hours ago, _Russian said:

Personnaly, I have never seen someone streamsniping(or call it however you want) by a map. Usually its done when people are in your friendlist or in discord. When playing, discord shows where are you at maybe its comming from there? Do you have a 100% proofs that people are comming from 3rd parties sites? If so, then I will change my mind, otherwise, you got my idea <3

_Russian

Well, I didnt make screenshots before, about the PMs ingame, when people told me "hey i found you on ets2 map :DD" and these people follow me and trolling, but in the future I will make screenshots and put here :P

I do these things when I dont want that people may follow me: my Discord activity is off, doesnt show my in-game details and My Steam profile is always private (the part of the games), but Im unlucky and these things dont work :( 

Btw. thank you for share your opinion <3

• Upvote 2

Petrova

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This will be good for streamers to stop peoples stalking them and trolling. But I don't think it'll really affect us. I've made many report on people and I've never gotten someone stalking/ trolling me because of that and if they do they'll most likely be banned again anyways. 

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

• 2 weeks later...

I have personally been followed through the map and am recurrently. I agree that there must be the option to choose whether or not we want to be publicly visible. I often stop playing online because of visibility! Or because we want to play quiet and not be bothered, or go about our life as a user of this system. But being accessible to TMP staff will make sense. I hope this topic and idea / wish does not fall into oblivion. At TMP we are too exposed in many situations, publicly speaking. And I would like a little more privacy reservation.

• Upvote 1