Different gears and wheel configurations

Question

Hi all,

So whilst driving with my friend the other day we both took off from a city to deliver our goods and I noticed he managed to accelerate a lot quicker than I did. Why is this the case if I have 12 gears and he has 6? We were both driving the same truck with the same engine. Is it possible the wheel configuration on the truck could make a also difference?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

6 gears are better for sure than 12 gear, at least for me and i'll explain below why.

1. Better optimization for low and medium cargoes up to 24T (haven't tested yet with higher tonnes)

2. Much faster acceleration

3. Much easier to use and control gears in many situations

4. Doesn't need that 1 second time to change between gears like on 12+ do, it just still goes forward like you are still in the same gear

I am using 6 manual gearbox on almost every truck and it really feels faster than 12 gear so i recommend you take manual instead of automatic.

Dear xItsTomx,

I am going to move your topic to the respective section since you're looking for Help. Next time, if you have any questions related to TMP, please consider creating a topic in the Help section as this section is not the correct place for questions or help related stuff.

You can find the help section over here - https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/55-help/ 

The "Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion" section is for discussions related to the community and to Euro Truck Simulator 2, as well as topic related to ets2 and not for help related stuff.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message! My inbox is always open should you have any questions or anything else!

//Topic moved to the Help section.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Hello there, some good answers were given above, has your problem been solved? ^_^

I await your return!

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

Hello there,

Good to hear your question has been answered.

If you have any questions or problems in the future, you can always create another post here in the help section.

Alternatively, you can also message me or another member of the support team.

Have a nice day.

//locked and moved to solved

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >