Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Truck Speed Limiter

Bandit-One

Question

5 answers to this question

Are you sure that you also unchecked it in the TMP "Tabmenu"? You open it with "Tab" then you go to settings and after that you need to search for something with "speedlimiter" or so. Also you shouldn't use "worldoftrucks" deliveries, because they have a fix limiter, which you can't disable. In ATS it's 65mph and in ETS2 it's 56mph. Hope I could help a bit. If not, feel free to quote me in this discussion or message me.

Have a good day and take care.

Sincerely Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

Hello :)

You can see speed limiter setting here:

• In city: [ats] 45 mph
  • Speed limiter setting / having WOTR contract:  [ats] 65 mph
  • Speed limiter forced by game server: [ats] 85 mph
  • Default speed limiter:  [ats] 100 mph

Then you need to do both of the following:

1-) Disable the speed limiter in your ETS2/ATS settings (Book Here)
2-) Disable the speed limiter in the TruckersMP tab menu (Book Here)
3-) You could join a server that has the speed limiter disabled completely after doing steps 1 & 2. (Optional)
4-) Steps 1 & 2 on a server with a speed limiter enabled it will limit you to 110kmh/68mph
5-) Any speed on External Contracts cannot go more than 65 mph
* To go more than 65 mph have to remove the limiter and taking those not speed game on External Contracts.

Or you can try this:

If you want to disable the game speed limiter, which you can access through the main menu of ATS in the gameplay settings, and the game enables the speed limiter again at each restart, try to change it in the config file. Just open C:\Documents\American Truck Simulator \profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now.

Hello there,

Good to hear your issue has been resolved.

If you have any issues in the future, you can always create another post here in the help section.

Alternatively, you can also message me or another member of the support team.

Have a great day.

//locked and moved to solved

<--> | English / Dutch | <-->

< Need help with anything? >

< Someone broke the rules? >

< Got banned unfairly? >