Help choosing a truck that i can love and cherish

andy Suter

So ive been struggling with finding a truck that suits me. Ive tried them all and each have their good points and bad points.

I want a truck that;

Has plenty of customisation – big thumbs up for Scania and Daf but lets the other down.

Has a nice interior (rules out the iveco for me – it looks like they couldn’t  be bothered with the detail on that one compared to some of the others)

Doesn’t look like its been hit in the face – (rules out the Renault magnum)

Has a power plant around the 450-500bhp mark. – most can fill this need.

Has loud and fast indicator noise (Dafs are nearly the go to truck and the indicaters are loud but soooooo sloooooow to click which annoys me)

Has a nice engine noise when inside – all but the old scania

Ive flirted with the others, Man, Renault, Actros etc but theres something on those that I just don’t feel the love. So theres 4 ive shortlisted.

• New Scania
  • Old Scania
  • Classic Volvo
  • New Volvo.

New Scania-

Love the looks, and it ticks all the boxes very easily but its like the default truck. Everyone has one.

Old Scania –

Ive got the best look with this one. Ive managed to mix my VTC colours with some tasteful ‘classic show truck’ add ons. The only issues I have with this truck is that I cant hear the engine when inside. (Non V8’s)

Classic Volvo

Probably my favourite but the lack of customisation is a but annoying

New Volvo

I like this one too but I always find people think im going to fly up the hills with a monster v8 750bhp and not my 420bhp pedal power. Seems to change gear every 3 seconds too (I use auto box)

If I could get the classic Scania engine noise to be louder inside then id be happy with that one….. any ideas.

6 minutes ago, andy Suter said:

Doesn’t look like its been hit in the face – (rules out the Renault magnum)

That is one of the best thins I have ever heard :lol:

Honestly speaking, if you go for the vehicles which have the most customization options, you will be in and out the truck shops constantly. I prefer going for the stock look, meaning I do not like a lot of customization as like I said, I was always in the shops being indecisive.

I say go for the new Scania or the new Volvo, try the stock look for a while and see how you feel, both vehicles have great paint jobs to use and both have great handling, also the gearbox is smooth while shifting through the gears.

F67B43E8776DEAEA038BF821AD88452AFBC79566

489BAF991579CB410770EC93E4427AAFB6FD285F

My favorite truck Mercedes-benz new actros 8x4 is a very nice truck with a volvo 750bg engine, you can easily carry all the loads, and it's easy to control the truck. Also troll drivers can not disturbing you because the truck is very heavy. ;)

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

17 minutes ago, Michael Jacks said:

That is one of the best thins I have ever heard :lol:

Honestly speaking, if you go for the vehicles which have the most customization options, you will be in and out the truck shops constantly. I prefer going for the stock look, meaning I do not like a lot of customization as like I said, I was always in the shops being indecisive.

I say go for the new Scania or the new Volvo, try the stock look for a while and see how you feel, both vehicles have great paint jobs to use and both have great handling, also the gearbox is smooth while shifting through the gears.

Youre totally correct Michael, im always in the shops tweaking this/that, hence I want to settle on a truck and just start on a big adventure with it. The 4 i short listed are so close but each has its own issue for me. I went J spec for a while with a white 2018 scania but the VTC paint job doesn’t really suit J spec, it’s a bit bright and flash and it seems 50% of players have a Scania. (maybe it’s the ‘best truck???)

New volvo is great and its got a great interior but everyone thinks im in the 750 gang and wonder why im crawling up a hill.  Classis volvo is a bit closer to what I want and probably the one I’ll go for

But… if I could get the interior engine noise louder on the old Scania, then I’d be set. Not sure if theres a save edit I can do for this

PS - do you not think the magnum looks like its been punched in the face and sucking its gums? lmao

21 minutes ago, andy Suter said:

If I could get the classic Scania engine noise to be louder inside then id be happy with that one….. any ideas.

You can do that easily when you have activated console.  Just open the console while in-game and type "s_interior_volume" and press Enter. It will say that it is set to 2.0 for example. So if you want to increase the interior sounds you need to type "s_interior_volume 1-10" ( 1 - most quiet , 10 - most loud ) so you just choose in between based on how much loud you want it to be.

About which truck you should drive, i would say New gen or Old gen scania. And if you have Mighty Griffin DLC ( Scania tuning pack DLC ) you will have lots of customisation which is great and so you can make your scania look pretty. Both V8 scania sounds are good enough, but if i could use sound mods i would definitely use open pipe one, or reworked stock one by Kriechbaum ( you can check it on youtube, or SCS forums )

1 minute ago, SalePro said:

You can do that easily when you have activated console.  Just open the console while in-game and type "s_interior_volume" and press Enter. It will say that it is set to 2.0 for example. So if you want to increase the interior sounds you need to type "s_interior_volume 1-10" ( 1 - most quiet , 10 - most loud ) so you just choose in between based on how much loud you want it to be.

About which truck you should drive, i would say New gen or Old gen scania. And if you have Mighty Griffin DLC ( Scania tuning pack DLC ) you will have lots of customisation which is great and so you can make your scania look pretty. Both V8 scania sounds are good enough, but if i could use sound mods i would definitely use open pipe one, or reworked stock one by Kriechbaum ( you can check it on youtube, or SCS forums )

Superb!! just what I wanted to hear. Next question is... how do I open the console?

@andy Suter 

1. Go to your Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/config.cfg( open this configuration file with notepad )
2. Find these 2 lines: 
    - uset g_console
    - uset g_developer
3. It will be set to "0" , you have to change it to "1" on both lines.
4. Save the file and enter the game, click on "Drive". ( you can use console while in main menu as well )
5. Click  `  to open the console. ( It is located right below Esc )

And when you opened it,you know the rest :D

14 minutes ago, SalePro said:

@andy Suter 

1. Go to your Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/config.cfg( open this configuration file with notepad )
2. Find these 2 lines: 
    - uset g_console
    - uset g_developer
3. It will be set to "0" , you have to change it to "1" on both lines.
4. Save the file and enter the game, click on "Drive". ( you can use console while in main menu as well )
5. Click  `  to open the console. ( It is located right below Esc )

And when you opened it,you know the rest :D

My God that is just what i always wanted ! Is it allowed to do that in multiplayer ? 

scania is much more nicer and better for customization and while youll be spending hours driving somewhere, youll at least look at the nice interior(especially in the new scania truck) but in volvo youll just look at the old interior and the lack of customization, and over time youll get bored of it, unless you goal is to come quicker to your destination, then choose volvo, but if thats not your goal, then in my opinion choose scania.

6 hours ago, SalePro said:

Omg, just done it and it’s a game changer for me. I now love the classic scania. Thank you so much!!

Its a shame you rules out the Iveco! It dosent have much for customization but i really like the looks of it, the interior is nice. But what i do is that i change truck a lot. I love all the trucks. So i just change to what i feel like driving. So yesterday that was the Old Scania. The day before that was the Iveco and then it was the volvo. The only truck i dont use a lot is the new Mercedes. The old one is nice, but there is just something about the new that i dont like. But i still drive it from time to time. :)

Archived