Any explanation for being rammed?

andy Suter

So after saying I don’t report anyone, last night I did just that. I simply couldn’t find any justification for what happened. I have the video but as it’s a pending report Its not fair to show the driver

Its very simple to explain what happened… I was driving along a motorway on the inside lane with multiple lanes to the side of me. I was doing 60mph. I saw a player approaching very fast in the ‘who is nearby’ box that I have open. The rate of m distance was closing fast. I saw the headlights in my mirrors, then WHAM….. im at the side of the road after being rammed off the road. The driver just continued on as if nothing had happened. My truck is now half red and failing to start so I was left with an /F7. He did have ‘winter mod’ on his tag but I cant see how that is an excuse? Especially considering the speed he approached me. I had 47ms ping so I cant have been jumping around the road. I don’t have winter mod on so I don’t know if his vision was obstructed or something

Could there be any other explanation or was he just a bad driver? Does the server sometimes glitch like this, where nothing happens on his, but im in a ditch? I just cant believe someone would just carry on after ramming someone off the road and not even acknowledge it.

If everything in the video is clearly visible you should report that player because it is most likely a troll driver. He'd apologize if he'd done it unwillingly. :check:

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Thanks guys. I did have a look at his profile and was expecting him to have been a new driver but hes been on TMP since 2016 so not a newbie. He even went to the trouble of adding winter mod to his tag.

His driving was certainly troll like but his profile wasn’t. It just didn’t make sense so wondered if the game ever glitched like that. Ie – he didn’t hit me on his screen.

Anyway, ive reported it, repaired the truck, lost 25K in damages to the cargo but hey, its only a game right….

You have to report him, normal people would stop and apologize. Also driving with Wintermod at this speed you're saying is just stupid, so report him. Don't forget that "Winter mod" isn't any excuse to ram other people.

Hope I could help, take care!

Sincerely Flying Cat

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018

41 minutes ago, [ST-I] Flying Cat said:

You have to report him, normal people would stop and apologize. Also driving with Wintermod at this speed you're saying is just stupid, so report him. Don't forget that "Winter mod" isn't any excuse to ram other people.

Hope I could help, take care!

Sincerely Flying Cat

^^

++ If they don't know how to drive with winter mod without disturbing other drivers, they should remove winter mod from the game.

You're able to report them and should do it too! If you don't know how, check that topic:

76561198178929243.png

Full-Stack Web Developer

Winter mod is not an excuse for driving Recklessly. He will be treated like others who don't have winter mod on. If you are using winter physics, make sure you drive carefully and slower so you don't slide into barrier or another trucker and make yourself get banned.

So, don't mind that he has "winter mod" in his tag, that doesn't change anything. He is still a driver and must drive based on conditions on the road.

Also, you don't need to instantly use F7 ( if you got only damage, but not taken out of the road ) , you can type /fix in the chat and your truck will be fixed ( only if you have trailer attached to it ) and it will not fix the trailer, only truck.

Even if you have low ping you can glitch sometimes. However, the other driver is supposed to keep the distance so that is not an excuse. About the winter mode, yes it reduces the vision when it is snowing or foggy but it is up to the player to use it or not as it is not mandatory. So these are not valid excuses. You did a favour to community by reporting :)

• 2 weeks later...

The person could have a bad connection but you will often see that beforehand when the truck acts weird. When it comes to the driver, I don't really believe in this case in bad drivers. Okay, you can maybe make a little mistake but these kind of things are, in my opinion, done on purpose. I do report people but I will always look if they feel the need to apologize. If you make a mistake, that can occure, but being friendly and saying sorry is the best thing you can do.

Hello There andy Suter,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived