Remove the fences

Suggestion Name: remove the fences

Suggestion Description: remove the fences from Duisburg Repair Station

Any example images: below

Why should it be added?: I know the add on team can do fancy stuff with maps so why don't they just remove the fences, they have caused more trouble since SCS put them in since no one can do them properly so it just ends up in chaos

PLxkjmz.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

And then we can make C-D into a 4 lane motorway. Problem solved forever.

Another solution: Move the repair yard to a dead-end so it doesn't interfere with traffic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • True Story 2

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

problem is : who is going to use the exit properly and not just yolo from the side and still make worst traffic jam ?....i mean if you think to enlarge the exit( by removing fence..?) ... more troll will attempt to go out at the same time or get inside the repair station... the problem will be worst right ? ( i might be wrong .. but... )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, [VIVA] Kehox said:

problem is : who is going to use the exit properly and not just yolo from the side and still make worst traffic jam ?....i mean if you think to enlarge the exit( by removing fence..?) ... more troll will attempt to go out at the same time or get inside the repair station... the problem will be worst right ? ( i might be wrong .. but... )

tbh the problem was better until they added the fences 

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

10 minutes ago, [VIVA] Kravatree [S64] said:

tbh the problem was better until they added the fences 

i do agree that fence is a problem for certain trailer and manoeuver to get in/out, but... it there to limit the amount of players that try to get out/in... in a pack of truck stacking over and creating a monster traffic jam... BUT removing mayby a small part of the fence in each side " let say 3feet less fence from the left and right " could be helpfull... but not removing them totaly.. ??? mayby this could be possible ? ( + removing the lamp post at the entry and few sign or moving  them few feet away..)

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion. I try to avoid going to the Duisburg service, but sometimes I have to f7 there. I find it is MUCH harder to get out of there than it used to be, especially with heavy cargo. (Which requires extra maneuvering with some of the trailers)

There will still be people rushing to get out of there and ramming in the process, but there won't be people getting stuck.

Though I do feel like the entire area, other than the c-d road itself and, should be 4 lane roads.

I threw together what is (in my opinion) the best way to "fix" Duisburg:

Also, maybe add another exit using the unused road that goes north? (red line) Theres an unconnected road that is on the C-D road fairly close to it, so it might be possible to see a road connecting there

3vriCOo.jpg

On 1/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, SprinterFS said:

And then we can make C-D into a 4 lane motorway. Problem solved forever.

Another solution: Move the repair yard to a dead-end so it doesn't interfere with traffic.

Agree with this. TMP can totally do this because they edited the map on ATS so they can't say that they can't edit the default map anymore. Also the 4 lanes should in Duisburg itself just like Calais. I feel like people would still overtake in oncoming lanes though if both lanes are taken up because we all know how inpatient many people are.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:43 PM, S p a r k i e said:

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion. I try to avoid going to the Duisburg service, but sometimes I have to f7 there. I find it is MUCH harder to get out of there than it used to be, especially with heavy cargo. (Which requires extra maneuvering with some of the trailers)

There will still be people rushing to get out of there and ramming in the process, but there won't be people getting stuck.

Though I do feel like the entire area, other than the c-d road itself and, should be 4 lane roads.

I threw together what is (in my opinion) the best way to "fix" Duisburg:

Hide contents

Also, maybe add another exit using the unused road that goes north? (red line) Theres an unconnected road that is on the C-D road fairly close to it, so it might be possible to see a road connecting there

3vriCOo.jpg

Maybe like this? http://prntscr.com/matn9z, or this can work too (depends on what would seem more efficient) http://prntscr.com/matoiz

2 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

I feel like people would still overtake in oncoming lanes though if both lanes are taken up because we all know how inpatient many people are.

Motorway means dividers. You can't get on to the oncoming lanes unless you take the wrong entrance. If 4 lanes are not enough the game also has premade 6 lane roads near Rotterdam.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

9 hours ago, TpHFI said:

Impatience and reckless driving is the reason for the mayhem problem will be there still with or without the fences

5 hours ago, Michal Slovakia:))) said:

The problem is not the fences but the players:)

ye but TMP doesn't seem to be fixing the player side ;)