Hot topic #12: Virtual companies

Prime

When I first discovered TMP, I was just like the rest: picking up loads, honking when a driver passed by, and overall just taking in the views of this amazing game. After about a year or so of playing, I thought to myself "what if there were fake trucking companies that people could join and act as if they are delivering loads for a real company." From that idea, I did more research and found that there were already communities doing the same thing. After viewing a handful, I couldn't find anyone to apply to as none seemed to fit my needs. So I did what many other players do and started my first and only VTC, Viva Trucking. I created my VTC to build a platform that made you feel as if you were working for a big-time trucking company. With no knowledge in how VTC's worked, I kinda just did what I felt was unique. After 2 and a half years and thousands of Drivers later I can proudly say that my VTC has changed my life. Through my VTC, I have been able to provide a home to many, inviting people to build relationships and create their own memories. 

Compared to how VTC's used to be, these days there are plenty of VTC's to choose from. There are two types of VTC's: Get up and go VTC's and Professional VTC's. Get up and go VTC's are VTCs that mostly offer multiplayer convoys without much logging or any other roleplay type aspects. Professional VTC's are VTCs that strive to offer an experience along with frequent convoys. These experiences range from logging jobs, writing reports, and using VTC company skins. The aspects of professional VTC's tend to offer more of a simulation experience whereas get up and go VTC's offer more of a relaxed environment. It is up to the player to decide which VTC is right for them and to research what each VTC has to offer.  

I would have never thought that such a simple and fun idea of creating a VTC would impact both my life and so many others. VTCs are what the people make them. That is why I continue to strive with my team to constantly think outside the box and to search for ways we can make the VTC community more enjoyable for all. My advice to someone wanting to start a VTC is to think big and to be original. For those wanting to join a VTC, my advice would be to choose the one you think suits you best and to try it out. You are always welcome to leave a VTC at any time and try something new down the road. At the end of the day the only reason why VTC's exist is to make your gameplay more enjoyable :D

• HaulieLove 4
  • True Story 2

VTC's are like a world in itself. There are so many aspects to it that no one can really go wrong at. There are various management techniques and variations that there is enough for everyone to go round. It all boils down to what your best suited VTC is.

The community that I have come to value and appreciate is Falcon Trucking. It is a very fun, collaborative, and interesting one. The banter in the voice/text channels mixed with the seriousness and importance of the convoys makes this experience not only wholesome, but very entertaining and enjoyable. The (nearly) perfect blend of fun and professionalism really makes me fall in love with this VTC. I have also learnt a lot through being in a managerial position; it has taught me to be responsible and has improved my time management and communication skills by a lot.

This is not meant to be a promotional message to join Falcon Trucking :lol:. This is just my experience with VTCs and let's hope that there is more of this to write about in the future. :love:

• HaulieLove 1

suBf1T9.png

Well, I use to be in a VTC, and it closed its doors recently. I am unsure if I should look for a 4th VTC, as it has not been 4 months since I joined my first VTC. Ever since I was introduced to VTCs by a friend, I always looked for a vtc that won't go corrupt and close its doors. The first VTC I was in closed its doors a week or so after I joined, and I am still unsure why to this day, the second one closed its doors after some argument amongst the staff and then a week later the boss of that VTC decided he couldn't keep the company running for much longer, and the third one closed its doors after some argument between the upper staff and the boss about something that happened in GTA 5 and then later the upper staff decided to drill a new one and well.... yeah, I don't want to recall what happened, but it caused the final convoy not to happen. I am in for a VTC that won't have these issues, but also understand I also have some of the things I am dealing with that will take a considerable amount of time away from being able to do convoys and such, and would also understand I can't be in big convoys due to my pc being a pain and low FPS, especially around 10+ players. But I also don't go looking for VTCs, I just decide whether or not to join them when asked by them. Sooo, yeah. As for what I look for, I look for respect of them members ( upper staff and the boss plus  the normal "workers") towards each other, I look for a company that does not go reckless driving all over the place, I look for at least some of the company that follows the speed limit, because I feel uncomfortable pushing my trucks limit by driving over the speed limit, especially on some of the roads,I look for a company that understands some of what I am going through and how that would affect my ability to drive for them, and that is all I can think of for that.

NKM01

NKM01B01

On 1/22/2019 at 11:02 PM, WarMaz said:

What I want to say is, that too many people think that running a VTC is easy, so many little VTCs are being opened however they are being closed after a month or so because the guys running it have lost their motivation.

This is very true!
I am the owner of a VTC and it's doing fairly good at this moment. It's always important that you love what you do. As you said, many people think managing a VTC is easy. Well at first everything is hard. Starting your own VTC at first will be hard. But of course when you get bigger you'll have many staff members who will help you. But establishing the VTC with no help is very hard.
But if you are opening a VTC, make sure you have a lot of free time. Also, you need to enjoy what you're doing otherwise there's no point :)

I love the Idea behind VTC's.  Since becoming a member in a VTC a few years ago, I have gotten to meet people from all over the world that in any other game I wouldn't have never met.  It amazing to see the friendship you create along the way that can last a lifetime.  After a few years in a particular VTC it can start to feel like a huge family. 

• Like 1

2.png

VTC is a good way to help out the community and help grow, for example, all the virtual radios we know have, all the virtual companies we have that dedicate their time as a whole to the community, helping donate and keeping the servers up, without these companies TruckersMP wouldnt be where it is today, so having VTC's, and integrating VTC's to the community would bring many features and opportunities.

I am owner of a Brazilian VTC - FeNeMe Veterans of the Road - We are starting (5 months), only 14 truckers with me. Day by day it is challenging to be motivated ... different people, different minds, different attitudes, but it is very pleasurable - laughs, jokes ... and this is an opportunity to meet and make new friends. It's always challenging, but it's very, very cool. Join us, find us in TrucksBook, tag FNM.

When you meet us on the road - horn

About VTC I still do not do any of them, I already had 2 invitations in my country but I still do not think I'm mature inside the game for this. I like to play. I love SCS SOFTWARE since the old GERMAN TRUCK. Good times. I like the TRUCK MP, very good guiding, we see some evolutions on the map as in the Swedish ports left more organized and realistic perhaps. VTCs are good, they bring people together with affinities. But it would be good to rank them in professional and recreational. VTC professionals with more real simulation tools for enterprise management and truck drivers. VTC recreational with less real administration tools and more focused on socializing, generating groups of friends. The 2 things is very valid. It would be nice to have a game-related hierarchy to create a VTC PROFESSIONAL. I consider some basic rules to make the transition between EURO TRUCK 2 and MP TRUCK, in which the person would be enabled to do a professional VTC. - Have a network of garages of at least 20% of the cities on the map of the Game per continent. Except for Russia, India and China where the rule should be to get a VTC to have in 20% of the country's cities with garage. - VTC for recreation. They should have more social tools where activity log such as trains and travel diary be more prominent. VTC recreation can evolve into VTC professionals if they have coverage of at least 50% of the mainland cities or a large country. Things You Should Get While Having a VTC: Forklift, Simulations of loading. Avatars playable. in the company environment and in stop trucks. Except fuel stations. They would make 2 types of VTC very attractive and realistic.

I love the idea of VTC's. However some people take the idea of it and make it bad for other people. For Example. The trolls on the road. that isnt fair for people who cant log jobs over a certain percentage and / or cant go into race. 

I love seeing people on the road and honking at them.

sdNhsuq.png

for the vtc idea , ok is fine to be in one but  depends the people you get to met in it , i really want to think that vtc's need to be joined with friends  or to be created by  you and with your friends   thats driving along the years you play the game together  , the point i want to focus is that better talk with your friends and join or create a vtc to be as strongers you can to truck 

I was minding my own one day on Multiplayer, and starting to get a bit bored of the same old, same old, when I noticed a large proportion of other players passing me all seemed to belong to one VTC or another. This began my intrigue, and went looking thru this forum, where I happened upon Prime Logistics.

It was all a new experience for me, but the Recruitment team made me feel welcome, and there's some good people there behind the scenes keeping things running well, and I'm proud to be wearing their livery when I'm out on the roads in TMP. It really has brought a whole new level of fun to the game!

If you're looking for a VTC to join for the first time, I would really recommend them!

Hello everyone!

So, I've been in many VTC's. Mostly we used FPH. I absolutly loved spedi4you but sadly they closed. We used some time also TrucksBook but I don't really like it. Now we use again FPH and I made an own Spedition. (Send me a PM if you wanna join :troll: :)

Now to my experience. Mostly they are nice people in those VTC's but what I really hated, was the minimum we had to drive. Sometimes multiple thousand miles/kilometers and that drove me crazy sometimes. (In my VTC, no minimums are required) Because some weeks I have plenty of time and I'm absolutly willing to drive so much but other weeks I have much to work and much things going on privatly. Also some users/owners of those VTC's are awful and think you have endless time. It even has much people that don't work the whole day and only drive ETS2. Often they think that they are "boss" or better then you because of their stats etc. Even if they have "no life" in my thinking, because they just sit infront of the computer all day long.

Take care everyone and enjoy trucking!

Kind regards
Flying Cat

• Like 1

ETS2 since end of 2013

ETS2 on steam since 2/17/2016

ETS2MP since 2/23/2016

TMP-Forum since 9/21/2018